Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Apr 12, 2014, 9:38 PM
Post #44851 of 45342 (5649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
slept 10 hours lass knight.
CEC must a tired me out.

Send some to me. I can barely sleep 10 hours a week these days.

edge

Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #44852 of 45342 (5633 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wooooooo!

Gmburns2000

Apr 14, 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #44853 of 45342 (5626 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

Let's see, that's one guide to tell you the approach and where the start of the climb (off by 5 meters, of course), another telling you which gear to plug and where, and a DVD explaining the nuances of the double bowline vs. the figure eight.

jealous

edge

Apr 15, 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #44854 of 45342 (5621 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

Let's see, that's one guide to tell you the approach and where the start of the climb (off by 5 meters, of course), another telling you which gear to plug and where, and a DVD explaining the nuances of the double bowline vs. the figure eight.

jealous

Actually, they have vague worded descriptions complimented by grainy b&w pics and tiny topos. I opted for these over the Rossiter guides because these are more adventurous.

I've got the guides for Eldo, BoCan, the Flatirons, Clear Creek, and Table Mtn. Next will have to be a bunch of guides for the South Platte, methinks. I've already got all these areas downloaded on a MP ap (no signal required) but I like the hard copies for plotting and planning.

(This post was edited by edge on Apr 15, 2014, 12:14 AM)

Gmburns2000

Apr 15, 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #44855 of 45342 (5612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

still jealous.

erisspirit

Apr 15, 2014, 3:03 PM
Post #44856 of 45342 (5601 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/b49c6fec-aeaa-4510-a509-f6c0f0392263_zpsa83e242f.jpg[/image]

jealous

Actually, they have vague worded descriptions complimented by grainy b&w pics and tiny topos. I opted for these over the Rossiter guides because these are more adventurous.

I've got the guides for Eldo, BoCan, the Flatirons, Clear Creek, and Table Mtn. Next will have to be a bunch of guides for the South Platte, methinks. I've already got all these areas downloaded on a MP ap (no signal required) but I like the hard copies for plotting and planning.

hmmm I need to start getting guidebooks for the area...

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2014, 2:44 PM
Post #44857 of 45342 (5592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/loransmith/b49c6fec-aeaa-4510-a509-f6c0f0392263_zpsa83e242f.jpg[/image]

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

edge

Apr 16, 2014, 4:10 PM
Post #44858 of 45342 (5586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

The last guidebook I loaned out took 3 years to be returned. Oh well, it was Acadia and I wasn't using it.

Erin could always climb with someone who owns the books. Angelic

And I was talking about it with my wife last night and: is it weird I still haven't visited a gym since moving here?

erisspirit

Apr 16, 2014, 4:18 PM
Post #44859 of 45342 (5583 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

The last guidebook I loaned out took 3 years to be returned. Oh well, it was Acadia and I wasn't using it.

And I was talking about it with my wife last night and: is it weird I still haven't visited a gym since moving here?

I'm taking that as an invitation... I'll have to PM ya ... I'm busy the next couple of weekends, but exploring the outdoor areas is high on our todo list.

Went to the gym last week while the hubs was away and met up with a friend of a friend. Gym wuz pretty cool... and their lead test not nearly as insane as the one at my SD gym, so I might actually be able to pass it and get in sum practice.

Partner epoch

Apr 16, 2014, 6:56 PM
Post #44860 of 45342 (5577 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

Not strange for not joining gym.

Ironically, I have two of the Butterfield guides I can't seem to lose...

edge

Apr 17, 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #44861 of 45342 (5562 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

I'm taking that as an invitation... I'll have to PM ya ... I'm busy the next couple of weekends, but exploring the outdoor areas is high on our todo list.

Went to the gym last week while the hubs was away and met up with a friend of a friend. Gym wuz pretty cool... and their lead test not nearly as insane as the one at my SD gym, so I might actually be able to pass it and get in sum practice.

Let me know when you are free; I'm still learning a lot about the area myself, but know tons of places and beta.

Which gym did you go to? I went to the BRC about 15 years ago, and pass Momentum most every day. I have no idea where the Spot is.

erisspirit

Apr 17, 2014, 3:16 PM
Post #44862 of 45342 (5551 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Wooooooo!

jealous

go borrow Edge's...

Let me know when you are free; I'm still learning a lot about the area myself, but know tons of places and beta.

Which gym did you go to? I went to the BRC about 15 years ago, and pass Momentum most every day. I have no idea where the Spot is.

I went to movement last week... I haven't actually joined one yet though

edge

Apr 19, 2014, 9:49 PM
Post #44863 of 45342 (5534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For Marge:

https://m.facebook.com/...&id=199701427498

Gmburns2000

Apr 19, 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #44864 of 45342 (5526 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I had an excellent discussion about climbing with one of my favorite partners.

And that was about it.

Gmburns2000

Apr 19, 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #44865 of 45342 (5525 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm pretty bummed about not climbing to be honest. It played a pretty large part of my life for a long time. I've just had to sacrifice it for the good of other things. Opening night is Wed. Fingers are crossed this opens enough doors to allow me to no longer sacrifice climbing anymore.

edge

Apr 21, 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #44866 of 45342 (5518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh noes!

The landlord just sold our home after 3 days on the market. We have 60 days to find a new place.

Having two dogs tends to limit our options considerably.

(This post was edited by edge on Apr 21, 2014, 12:13 AM)

Gmburns2000

Apr 21, 2014, 2:51 AM
Post #44867 of 45342 (5508 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Oh noes!

The landlord just sold our home after 3 days on the market. We have 60 days to find a new place.

That sucks. You guys thinking of buying something or just sticking to rent? Hope you find something soon.

Maybe Erin's got a room to rent?

edge

Apr 21, 2014, 3:47 AM
Post #44868 of 45342 (5503 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

That sucks. You guys thinking of buying something or just sticking to rent? Hope you find something soon.

Since I moved and chose to remain self employed, I need to accrue a two year earning history before I can qualify to buy. We knew this going in, and figured it would give us time to learn the area and make a decision about buying on our own terms.

We were damned lucky to find this place in the mountains for the price we are paying. It will cost more to live in Boulder limits, but there are some apt complexes (Pool! Spa! Workout room! I have no use for these things!) in our price range. Houses for rent are few and very pricy. Oh well, it's an opportunity in disguise I suppose.

Lots of places to rent at less money if we leave Boulder, but now that I've lived here I can see that everyplace else is inferior and the outsiders stoop to eating non organic meals loaded with gluten. Poor, hideous non-Boulderites.

Gmburns2000

Apr 21, 2014, 2:28 PM
Post #44869 of 45342 (5492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

Since I moved and chose to remain self employed, I need to accrue a two year earning history before I can qualify to buy. We knew this going in, and figured it would give us time to learn the area and make a decision about buying on our own terms.

We were damned lucky to find this place in the mountains for the price we are paying. It will cost more to live in Boulder limits, but there are some apt complexes (Pool! Spa! Workout room! I have no use for these things!) in our price range. Houses for rent are few and very pricy. Oh well, it's an opportunity in disguise I suppose.

Lots of places to rent at less money if we leave Boulder, but now that I've lived here I can see that everyplace else is inferior and the outsiders stoop to eating non organic meals loaded with gluten. Poor, hideous non-Boulderites.

So what are you going to do?

Partner macherry

Apr 21, 2014, 2:49 PM
Post #44870 of 45342 (5487 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

adult living, ie. retirement complex. good times

Gmburns2000

Apr 21, 2014, 3:04 PM
Post #44871 of 45342 (5487 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Marathon Monday (aka Patriot's Day - or the shot heard 'round the world). I miss this day. I always went to work (the building was located literally next door to Fenway Park) and then promptly went out to watch the leaders in the morning before returning to watch my coworkers in the afternoon.

For those who haven't experienced the Boston Marathon - this is a hugely important day for the city and region. I mean, the support is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's considered the premier marathon in the world, and it's not just because its hilly and hard but because they're expecting 1m fans today. Seriously, 1 million. There's a section of the course called The Scream Tunnel at Wellesley College. It's called such because the roar of the crowd there (most those female students) generate so much noise that the competitors can hear it more than a mile away. Consequently it's the second largest marathon field in history today, too. The largest was Boston's 100th year in 96 or 97.

I wish I could be there today. Where I normally watched was less than a mile from the finish line. I probably would have been near the bombs if I had still been in Boston. Not close enough to be hurt or experience it, but close enough to hear and see the smoke. I can only imagine the emotions these runners are going to have today.

On a funny note, Doug Flutie woke up this morning and said, "I think I'll run the marathon." Seriously, he's doing it off the couch.

erisspirit

Apr 21, 2014, 3:13 PM
Post #44872 of 45342 (5485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

edge

Apr 21, 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #44873 of 45342 (5478 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

There are some nice apartments I just looked at, 2bd/2ba, bordering the CU open space park w/3 mile loop and connecting to the Flatirons trail network. It just might have to do.*

*cough close to Eldo *cough

Gmburns2000

Apr 22, 2014, 12:41 AM
Post #44874 of 45342 (5471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

There are some nice apartments I just looked at, 2bd/2ba, bordering the CU open space park w/3 mile loop and connecting to the Flatirons trail network. It just might have to do.*

*cough close to Eldo *cough

I thought Eldo sucked? At the very least its better than the other canyon up the road.

donald949

Apr 22, 2014, 4:02 AM
Post #44875 of 45342 (5464 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Marathon Monday (aka Patriot's Day - or the shot heard 'round the world). I miss this day. I always went to work (the building was located literally next door to Fenway Park) and then promptly went out to watch the leaders in the morning before returning to watch my coworkers in the afternoon.

For those who haven't experienced the Boston Marathon - this is a hugely important day for the city and region. I mean, the support is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's considered the premier marathon in the world, and it's not just because its hilly and hard but because they're expecting 1m fans today. Seriously, 1 million. There's a section of the course called The Scream Tunnel at Wellesley College. It's called such because the roar of the crowd there (most those female students) generate so much noise that the competitors can hear it more than a mile away. Consequently it's the second largest marathon field in history today, too. The largest was Boston's 100th year in 96 or 97.

I wish I could be there today. Where I normally watched was less than a mile from the finish line. I probably would have been near the bombs if I had still been in Boston. Not close enough to be hurt or experience it, but close enough to hear and see the smoke. I can only imagine the emotions these runners are going to have today.

On a funny note, Doug Flutie woke up this morning and said, "I think I'll run the marathon." Seriously, he's doing it off the couch.
*esprit drove straight through to Boston over the weekend and ran it on a dare*

First page Previous page 1 ... 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook