Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 AM
Post #44876 of 45342 (4702 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Oh noes!

The landlord just sold our home after 3 days on the market. We have 60 days to find a new place.

Having two dogs tends to limit our options considerably.
Move back into the trailer and park on BLM/FS land walmart.

donald949

Apr 22, 2014, 4:04 AM
Post #44877 of 45342 (4701 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

face palm
Frown

edge

Apr 22, 2014, 4:45 AM
Post #44878 of 45342 (4697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

The landlord just sold our home after 3 days on the market. We have 60 days to find a new place.

oh noes!

There are some nice apartments I just looked at, 2bd/2ba, bordering the CU open space park w/3 mile loop and connecting to the Flatirons trail network. It just might have to do.*

*cough close to Eldo *cough

I thought Eldo sucked? At the very least its better than the other canyon up the road.

You had to French free the Bastille Crack, didn't you?

edge

Apr 22, 2014, 4:49 AM
Post #44879 of 45342 (4696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

The trailer is currently rented out for another month and a half to a contractor friend, his wife, and two dogs while we gut his house and rebuild after a fire. Cement poured, posts in, interior walls tomorrow, sister 30+ rafters with 20' long LVLs later in the week.

Gmburns2000

Apr 22, 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #44880 of 45342 (4687 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

The trailer is currently rented out for another month and a half to a contractor friend, his wife, and two dogs while we gut his house and rebuild after a fire. Cement poured, posts in, interior walls tomorrow, sister 30+ rafters with 20' long LVLs later in the week.

Looks like this might turn into a rush job.

(and no, I didn't French Free Bastille Crack)

Gmburns2000

Apr 22, 2014, 6:52 PM
Post #44881 of 45342 (4680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

and its official. I'm hanging in a museum. all but the labels are up and ready for tomorrow night. Just need to buy the food and smack! I'm all done.

erisspirit

Apr 22, 2014, 7:47 PM
Post #44882 of 45342 (4676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

There are some nice apartments I just looked at, 2bd/2ba, bordering the CU open space park w/3 mile loop and connecting to the Flatirons trail network. It just might have to do.*

WOOOO!

we are a block away from the North Fork Shanahan trail and love it.

erisspirit

Apr 22, 2014, 7:48 PM
Post #44883 of 45342 (4676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Marathon Monday (aka Patriot's Day - or the shot heard 'round the world). I miss this day. I always went to work (the building was located literally next door to Fenway Park) and then promptly went out to watch the leaders in the morning before returning to watch my coworkers in the afternoon.

For those who haven't experienced the Boston Marathon - this is a hugely important day for the city and region. I mean, the support is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's considered the premier marathon in the world, and it's not just because its hilly and hard but because they're expecting 1m fans today. Seriously, 1 million. There's a section of the course called The Scream Tunnel at Wellesley College. It's called such because the roar of the crowd there (most those female students) generate so much noise that the competitors can hear it more than a mile away. Consequently it's the second largest marathon field in history today, too. The largest was Boston's 100th year in 96 or 97.

I wish I could be there today. Where I normally watched was less than a mile from the finish line. I probably would have been near the bombs if I had still been in Boston. Not close enough to be hurt or experience it, but close enough to hear and see the smoke. I can only imagine the emotions these runners are going to have today.

On a funny note, Doug Flutie woke up this morning and said, "I think I'll run the marathon." Seriously, he's doing it off the couch.
*esprit drove straight through to Boston over the weekend and ran it on a dare*

That does sound like something I would do

erisspirit

Apr 22, 2014, 7:49 PM
Post #44884 of 45342 (4674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
and its official. I'm hanging in a museum. all but the labels are up and ready for tomorrow night. Just need to buy the food and smack! I'm all done.

awesome!

Gmburns2000

Apr 22, 2014, 8:17 PM
Post #44885 of 45342 (4668 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

awesome!

Thanks. The great thing is that when I look at my paintings as they hang in my apt I feel they aren't worthy. I actually feel my art is good, but I'm never quite convinced as I look at them from day to day and try to find ways to get better. However, they look awesome in the museum. I think it's just the light and space. I feel really good about the quality now. It makes a big difference when they're hung properly.

Partner macherry

Apr 22, 2014, 9:05 PM
Post #44886 of 45342 (4663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

awesome!

Thanks. The great thing is that when I look at my paintings as they hang in my apt I feel they aren't worthy. I actually feel my art is good, but I'm never quite convinced as I look at them from day to day and try to find ways to get better. However, they look awesome in the museum. I think it's just the light and space. I feel really good about the quality now. It makes a big difference when they're hung properly.

relax and enjoy the experience

Gmburns2000

Apr 23, 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #44887 of 45342 (4657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

awesome!

you're damn right I'm going to enjoy it. First time I've been able to celebrate since I left my job. It might not happen again, so I'm going to enjoy it. However, this museum has some pull, so we'll see if doors open.

edge

Apr 23, 2014, 1:29 AM
Post #44888 of 45342 (4652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

awesome!

you're damn right I'm going to enjoy it. First time I've been able to celebrate since I left my job. It might not happen again, so I'm going to enjoy it. However, this museum has some pull, so we'll see if doors open.

You mean they might keep the doors closed?

That's brilliant! Performance art as the throngs of human masses hurl themselves against the shackled and barred doors which prevent access to the forbidden oil and canvas fruit.

I take back everything I ever thought about you Burns.

Gmburns2000

Apr 23, 2014, 1:37 AM
Post #44889 of 45342 (4648 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

awesome!

You mean they might keep the doors closed?

That's brilliant! Performance art as the throngs of human masses hurl themselves against the shackled and barred doors which prevent access to the forbidden oil and canvas fruit.

I take back everything I ever thought about you Burns.

heh - I'm pretty sure they won't keep them closed. I think it's me who needs to be sure they get opened. I just never got past the security guard until now.

edge

Apr 23, 2014, 1:43 AM
Post #44890 of 45342 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

WOOOO!

I just had to look that up in my Open Space map; isn't that the Devils Thumb area? Awesome.

We just took a year lease on a nice apartment in a gorgeous setting. Small lake on one side, CU Open Space on the other, and our windows all face the Flatirons. Plus it's only about 7 minute drive to my shop (vs 30 min now). It's about 1/3 mile south of Table Mesa just east of Broadway, but it feels like it's out in the country.

We move in May 15. Right after that I have to drive to Sacramento to deliver a bed, stop at Tahoe or Yosemite on the way home for some gnar, then start a coffee table. All while helping my friend rebuild his place. He told me today he needs to rent the RV longer. Ha!

Tin can slumlord.

erisspirit

Apr 23, 2014, 2:38 AM
Post #44891 of 45342 (4642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

WOOOO!

I just had to look that up in my Open Space map; isn't that the Devils Thumb area? Awesome.

We just took a year lease on a nice apartment in a gorgeous setting. Small lake on one side, CU Open Space on the other, and our windows all face the Flatirons. Plus it's only about 7 minute drive to my shop (vs 30 min now). It's about 1/3 mile south of Table Mesa just east of Broadway, but it feels like it's out in the country.

We move in May 15. Right after that I have to drive to Sacramento to deliver a bed, stop at Tahoe or Yosemite on the way home for some gnar, then start a coffee table. All while helping my friend rebuild his place. He told me today he needs to rent the RV longer. Ha!

Tin can slumlord.

Nice! congrats!

Yup I think the devils thumb area is considered to be the homes just a hair north of us... and I think we are considered shanahan ridge, but we can see devils thumb from the condo

edge

Apr 23, 2014, 2:50 AM
Post #44892 of 45342 (4641 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

oh noes!

WOOOO!

Tin can slumlord.

Nice! congrats!

Yup I think the devils thumb area is considered to be the homes just a hair north of us... and I think we are considered shanahan ridge, but we can see devils thumb from the condo

Nice. I did some work in Devils Thumb when I first moved here. It looks like Shanahan Ridge is easily connected from the trails in our back yard. I suspect I may have to dust off my Mtn bike; it's been way too f¥{€ing hilly at our present place.

And my windows face the Pacific Ocean. Laugh

(This post was edited by edge on Apr 23, 2014, 2:52 AM)

donald949

Apr 24, 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #44893 of 45342 (4627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Marathon Monday (aka Patriot's Day - or the shot heard 'round the world). I miss this day. I always went to work (the building was located literally next door to Fenway Park) and then promptly went out to watch the leaders in the morning before returning to watch my coworkers in the afternoon.

For those who haven't experienced the Boston Marathon - this is a hugely important day for the city and region. I mean, the support is absolutely amazing. There's a reason why it's considered the premier marathon in the world, and it's not just because its hilly and hard but because they're expecting 1m fans today. Seriously, 1 million. There's a section of the course called The Scream Tunnel at Wellesley College. It's called such because the roar of the crowd there (most those female students) generate so much noise that the competitors can hear it more than a mile away. Consequently it's the second largest marathon field in history today, too. The largest was Boston's 100th year in 96 or 97.

I wish I could be there today. Where I normally watched was less than a mile from the finish line. I probably would have been near the bombs if I had still been in Boston. Not close enough to be hurt or experience it, but close enough to hear and see the smoke. I can only imagine the emotions these runners are going to have today.

On a funny note, Doug Flutie woke up this morning and said, "I think I'll run the marathon." Seriously, he's doing it off the couch.

mhmmm

donald949

Apr 24, 2014, 10:26 PM
Post #44894 of 45342 (4624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Nice.

donald949

Apr 24, 2014, 10:27 PM
Post #44895 of 45342 (4623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Oh noes!

Two words for you
Tent

donald949

Apr 24, 2014, 10:28 PM
Post #44896 of 45342 (4622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dr saz eye can start wait bearing on me legg.

donald949

Apr 24, 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #44897 of 45342 (4621 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Still using the walker as the wrist is week and can't use crutches, yet.
Leg is week two.

Gmburns2000

Apr 25, 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #44898 of 45342 (4611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:

woohoo! is this the start of the Donny Unicycle Dancing Bear Show? More videos are needed.

(on a related matter - glad it's healing. Are things going according to "schedule" or does one not know what the schedule might be?)

erisspirit

Apr 25, 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #44899 of 45342 (4595 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

mhmmm

maybe not do... but it sounds like some horrible idea I would agree too... Crazy

much like the back to back adventuring I may have agreed to do next year...

donald949

Apr 29, 2014, 7:04 PM
Post #44900 of 45342 (4549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

woohoo! is this the start of the Donny Unicycle Dancing Bear Show? More videos are needed.

(on a related matter - glad it's healing. Are things going according to "schedule" or does one not know what the schedule might be?)
yea, things are going to dr schedule.
witch iz alot slower dan me schedule. Mad

First page Previous page 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook