RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

sidepull

Apr 24, 2014, 1:17 PM
Post #1 of 8 (13917 views)
Shortcut

Looking for famous off-width photo - guy with glasses
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, I'm doing a presentation and I want an image of someone placing a cam, in a tenuous spot. The goal is for the image to showcase the hands and the gear. I remembered there was this (semi)famous photo of a guy with thick black glasses in an off-width holding a huge cam. It might have been a mag cover or a promo materials for BD or some such. Any help locating this image?

Thanks in advance!!!

mojomonkey

Apr 24, 2014, 1:58 PM
Post #2 of 8 (13909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Looking for famous off-width photo - guy with glasses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sidepull wrote:
Hi, I'm doing a presentation and I want an image of someone placing a cam, in a tenuous spot. The goal is for the image to showcase the hands and the gear. I remembered there was this (semi)famous photo of a guy with thick black glasses in an off-width holding a huge cam. It might have been a mag cover or a promo materials for BD or some such. Any help locating this image?

Thanks in advance!!!

Don't know the one you are thinking of, but this shot of Pamela Pack on Lucille (by James Beissel) was the first that came to mind for placing a large cam in an offwidth...

marc801

Apr 24, 2014, 2:19 PM
Post #3 of 8 (13894 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sidepull] Looking for famous off-width photo - guy with glasses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Doing this from fading memory and I don't have time to search but.....

I remember the photo. The climber is Ari Menitove and I think the photographer was Wasatch local Andrew Burr. The route is possibly something on either the Bismark, Merrimac, or possibly the Monitor - all Moab area buttes. Burr has a web site. That might be enough to find the image. Go for it!

sidepull

Apr 25, 2014, 1:43 AM
Post #4 of 8 (13806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] Looking for famous off-width photo - guy with glasses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, it's Ari. Still can't find the photo though for the life of me. Thanks for the help.

Partner camhead

Apr 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #5 of 8 (13739 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There were two Indian Creek OW photos of Ari by AB that got a lot of publicity in different ads a few years back. One was of him on "Big Guy" (11a), and the other was on "Brother from Another Planet" (12a). Neither are easily accessible on google, but shit, you could always email Andrew and see if he'd send you a low-rez, watermarked image for your presentation.

caughtinside

Apr 25, 2014, 6:21 PM
Post #6 of 8 (13680 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Looking for famous off-width photo - guy with glasses [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
There were two Indian Creek OW photos of Ari by AB that got a lot of publicity in different ads a few years back. One was of him on "Big Guy" (11a), and the other was on "Brother from Another Planet" (12a). Neither are easily accessible on google, but shit, you could always email Andrew and see if he'd send you a low-rez, watermarked image for your presentation.

yeah, I remembered the Big Guy photo right away, that was a great one.

climbingtrash

May 1, 2014, 2:41 AM
Post #7 of 8 (13202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know the picture you're talking about and there may be a poster of it in the shop I guide for. I'll get a pic if so. Have you stumbled on to this pic yet?

dynosore

May 1, 2014, 8:11 PM
Post #8 of 8 (13118 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I saw that pic in either Rock & Ice or Climbing about 8 years ago. Think it was an ad. Have any back issues?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook