Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

lena_chita

May 8, 2014, 4:33 PM
Post #1 of 6 (3828 views)
Shortcut

For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
In penance for its crimes against fashion and humanity, Vibram has placed $3.75 million into escrow. Those funds will go to the fitness idiots who purchased a pair after March 21, 2009, with up to $94 for each in an effort to help your friends and family not shudder when looking at your feet.

http://fittish.deadspin.com/...tm_medium=socialflow

jt512

May 9, 2014, 5:03 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
In reply to:
In penance for its crimes against fashion and humanity, Vibram has placed $3.75 million into escrow. Those funds will go to the fitness idiots who purchased a pair after March 21, 2009, with up to $94 for each in an effort to help your friends and family not shudder when looking at your feet.

http://fittish.deadspin.com/...tm_medium=socialflow

In other words, Vibram FiveFingers are both grotesque and injurious, just as I stated in 2010 in this thread.

meanandugly

May 9, 2014, 9:00 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

While not the five finger, I have been running x-country in minimalist shoes for a little over 2 years now, but I took 6 months of training time to transition into the proper running style needed for these types shoes. I have noticed that most of the people I have encountered that tried to make the change to minimalist shoes for running failed to take the time to train for the change and they continue to run on hard surfaces.
For me the change has been positive, but this study raises an eyebrow. However, the study itself is pretty minimalist and should stand and a guide for further research on this subject.

patto

May 10, 2014, 12:40 AM
Post #4 of 6 (3540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
In other words, Vibram FiveFingers are both grotesque and injurious, just as I stated in 2010 in this thread.

So are bare feet injurious? Or a vibram fivefinger somehow more so?

Seriously if you are getting stress fractures from running it is not the shoes that you should be blaming. There is alot wrong with the interpretation presented of the 2013 study.

All the 2013 study concluded was:
Conclusion: Runners interested in transitioning to minimalist running shoes, such as Vibram
FiveFingers should transition very slowly and gradually in order to avoid potential stress injury
in the foot.

(This post was edited by patto on May 10, 2014, 12:42 AM)

shockabuku

May 10, 2014, 4:22 AM
Post #5 of 6 (3506 views)
Shortcut

Re: [patto] For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

patto wrote:
Runners interested in transitioning to minimalist running shoes, such as Vibram
FiveFingers should transition very slowly and gradually in order to avoid potential stress injury in the foot.

It baffles me that this isn't obvious to anyone with relatively normal brain function.

lena_chita

May 10, 2014, 6:33 PM
Post #6 of 6 (3436 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] For everyone who ever bought the Vibram FiveFingers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
patto wrote:
Runners interested in transitioning to minimalist running shoes, such as Vibram
FiveFingers should transition very slowly and gradually in order to avoid potential stress injury in the foot.

It baffles me that this isn't obvious to anyone with relatively normal brain function.

Of course it is obvious. My boyfriend has been running in minimalist shoes (not FiveFingers!) for several years, just fine (he is a runner)

This was a public service announcement about a settlement.

If you are a person who always made fun of those ugly shoes, you'll laugh at the write-up.

Of course, if you still love your FiveFingers and won't part with them for anything, this does not affect you. If you are running in your favorite brand of running shoes, whatever style they are, and you are doing fine, this doesn't affect you either.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook