Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Partner macherry

May 8, 2014, 6:15 PM
Post #44926 of 45342 (5832 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Trying to get through the day today. not easy. too much work I don't want to do, not enough cash to do the work I want to do. trying to sketch it all out in my mind. canvases and paint are expensive for these paintings. hoping a meeting with a gallery yesterday went well. not holding out hope as my art is much less commercial than what's in her gallery, but one never knows. everyone needs a start right?

exhibit ends Sat. sold one painting, which paid for the exhibit. One more sale will pay rent. I told the museum owner he could choose whichever painting he wanted to add to the permanent collection. He hopes to do an exhibit with these donations next year. I'm kind of excited about it. It's nice to be in a permanent collection of a museum, but it'd be nicer to eat.

Townes Van Zant has been my friend this morning.

Did you think the term "starving artist" was coined in jest?

Well, actually the expression is a literary one and not literal. In order to create art one must go through some sort of suffering to get away from the level of measurable production on the way toward the level of creative rendering.

But yeah, often this is part of the process. And yeah, I'm kind of hungry - though not that hungry. In short, I walk 40min to work each way just to save on taking the bus. I save about US$2.50 per day doing that. Some days I walk more than 40min because those students are farther away. Fruits and veggies are way cheaper, too.

And yet, I've gained weight. Unsure

dont drink soda. that is all

edge

May 8, 2014, 8:43 PM
Post #44927 of 45342 (5826 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Trying to get through the day today. not easy. too much work I don't want to do, not enough cash to do the work I want to do. trying to sketch it all out in my mind. canvases and paint are expensive for these paintings. hoping a meeting with a gallery yesterday went well. not holding out hope as my art is much less commercial than what's in her gallery, but one never knows. everyone needs a start right?

exhibit ends Sat. sold one painting, which paid for the exhibit. One more sale will pay rent. I told the museum owner he could choose whichever painting he wanted to add to the permanent collection. He hopes to do an exhibit with these donations next year. I'm kind of excited about it. It's nice to be in a permanent collection of a museum, but it'd be nicer to eat.

Well, actually the expression is a literary one and not literal. In order to create art one must go through some sort of suffering to get away from the level of measurable production on the way toward the level of creative rendering.

But yeah, often this is part of the process. And yeah, I'm kind of hungry - though not that hungry. In short, I walk 40min to work each way just to save on taking the bus. I save about US$2.50 per day doing that. Some days I walk more than 40min because those students are farther away. Fruits and veggies are way cheaper, too.

True, it's been done before, but cutting off a body part both produces weight loss and aids in enhancing the artists "aura" along with the requisite interest in your human condition by outsiders.

Translation: sharp blade + middle finger = ka-ching.

edge

May 8, 2014, 8:45 PM
Post #44928 of 45342 (5821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Off to the airport to pick up the wife. I've been a bachelor for the past week.

The dogs are going to freak out when she gets home. I will freak out at a yet to be determined time & location.

Partner macherry

May 8, 2014, 9:56 PM
Post #44929 of 45342 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

True, it's been done before, but cutting off a body part both produces weight loss and aids in enhancing the artists "aura" along with the requisite interest in your human condition by outsiders.

i have no idea.

but, enjoy the reunion

Gmburns2000

May 9, 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #44930 of 45342 (5802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I don't. Don't even like it that much. All water, fresh OJ, and some beer.

Gmburns2000

May 9, 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #44931 of 45342 (5801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I suspect that's the one you offed?

Partner macherry

May 19, 2014, 3:07 PM
Post #44932 of 45342 (5511 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

deader that dead around these parts.

happy monday everyone

sungam

May 19, 2014, 6:22 PM
Post #44933 of 45342 (5509 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

literally dying of sunburn

donald949

May 19, 2014, 9:19 PM
Post #44934 of 45342 (5499 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

happy monday everyone
Tanks

donald949

May 19, 2014, 9:20 PM
Post #44935 of 45342 (5495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
How is this possible in Scotland? Must be visiting outlaws in the states.

donald949

May 19, 2014, 9:43 PM
Post #44936 of 45342 (5490 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Iguess a quick update is in order.
Wrist is getting better, uch that I no longer use the walker, using crutches instead.
Appointment with Dr went well, cleared me to go to 100% weight bearing on it. Haven't got that far but am progressing. Foot, ankle, calf, and knee remain sore and a bit swollen from all the PT. Dr wants 3 days PT now. Pt Therapist has me working out for 2.5 hours. Supposed to be back at work in 3 weeks. *gulp* Got a long way to go. Made a lot of progress so far, but still seams like a long way to go. Not even been cleared to drive yet.

edge

May 19, 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #44937 of 45342 (5483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

happy monday everyone

I drove 15 1/2 hours yesterday to Reno, then Sac this morning. Delivered a bed and nightstand, now I'm installing 4 custom doors I made myownself.

I'll hang here through tomorrow to be social, then looking for partners for 2-3 days in the Big Ditch. I know I can get partners for Tahoe/Donner, but I'm holding out. I'd love to Snake Dike, or maybe Steck-Salathe.

Oh, and we moved into our new apt the day before I left Bolder.

Gmburns2000

May 20, 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #44938 of 45342 (5474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Wrist is getting better, uch that I no longer use the walker, using crutches instead.
Appointment with Dr went well, cleared me to go to 100% weight bearing on it. Haven't got that far but am progressing. Foot, ankle, calf, and knee remain sore and a bit swollen from all the PT. Dr wants 3 days PT now. Pt Therapist has me working out for 2.5 hours. Supposed to be back at work in 3 weeks. *gulp* Got a long way to go. Made a lot of progress so far, but still seams like a long way to go. Not even been cleared to drive yet.

I'm totally predicting sendage photos by the end of the year.

Gmburns2000

May 20, 2014, 1:23 AM
Post #44939 of 45342 (5472 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

woke up at 4 to catch a 6am flight to Sao Paulo. Arrived at 7, took the bus to the subway. bus broke down on the highway. waited for the new bus. arrived at the subway and did my best sardine impression from the red line to the yellow line. fared slightly better on the yellow line to the train. fared a little better still on the train, but definitely had to wipe the sardine oil off me upon exiting the station. walked 20 min to the consulate and got in line for 10 min only to find out the line is for brasilians. Americans don't have a line (yippee!) but still had to wait 30 min to see someone to add pages to my passport and get a stamped document that means nothing more than the US govt says it's OK for me to get married to a Brasilian (like they know this). It is now 1130am (yes, it took about three hours to get from the airport to the consulate - this is normal in SP).

Also, at this point I've eaten a bag of chips supplied by the airline on the flight over.

Did everything in reverse back to the airport (only 2.5 hours this time). Arrive at the airport at 2pm. Sit down and wolf down a crappy hamburger. Get on the plane and arrive back in Curitiba at 4:30. Take the bus into town. The bus gets into an accident with another bus but the two drivers shake it off and we continue. I get off the bus and walk about 45min to teach class.

I arrive at class and begin a listening section that requires the computer and stereo. then half the lights go out and the stereo is deemed non-functional. So we do a reading and discussion class. Then all the lights except for the back-up lights go out. I teach the rest of class in the dark. Why? because I'm getting a ride home and the other teacher is also teaching in the dark until class ends. This is the life we live.

I get home and find no food in the fridge. Only one meal and two small bags of chips. Class tomorrow at 8am.

weeeee this is fun.

Partner macherry

May 20, 2014, 6:29 PM
Post #44940 of 45342 (5460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

strong work people. thanks for the updates

edge

May 20, 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #44941 of 45342 (5451 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
strong work people. thanks for the updates

What's shaking Marge? Give us the goods.

Partner macherry

May 21, 2014, 3:13 AM
Post #44942 of 45342 (5442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

not much. up to canuckistan for the long weekend. doing some long needed work on the house. finishing up some windows and flooring. weekend yoga retreat in two weeks, looking forward to that.

oh yeah, getting some time in on the longboard.

i might try to find my climbing dignity (along with the climbing equipment in the back of the closet) and get on some rock on the weekend.

edge

May 21, 2014, 5:30 AM
Post #44943 of 45342 (5433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

i might try to find my climbing dignity (along with the climbing equipment in the back of the closet) and get on some rock on the weekend.

Thunderstorms tomorrow in NorCal, so I am eschewing Yosemite and meeting up with some Tacoans in the Tahoe area. I've been given access to a cabin in the Eldorado NF for the night just minutes from Lovers Leap. Climbing there Thursday.

There happens to be an annual Taco meet-up at Woodfords Canyon, which I had never even heard of before, but I will be checking it out Friday and Saturday.

Weather should be good after tomorrow. I'll take my time driving up in the morning and then maybe hike up to one of the alpine lakes and spark up. Heh.

sungam

May 21, 2014, 7:25 PM
Post #44944 of 45342 (5423 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
How is this possible in Scotland? Must be visiting outlaws in the states.
Well we didn't expect sun, because Scotland, but apparently anything really IS possible (once someone laughed at one of my jokes!). I still sent, tho, even though I'm still pretty heavy/weak after not climbing fo 10 months after hurting my hand, so at least I'm kinda back to my old ability level as far as sport goes. I'm still waayyyy worse at trad (2spooki4mi) and boulder (2heavy) compared to before though.

I was actually having a really bad day, overgripping and such, then decided to do some yoga to loosen up. I always treated yoga as a way to move between stretches that was a bit more fun the actually just doing stretches, but I think that was the first time I did it and thought "whoah, this feels really good!" and got all chilled out and shit. I guess I get why people get so into it now.

It kinda sucks, because I was really looking foreward to doing it more but my shoulders/back edge of my arm pits hurts wayy too much to think about it, so I gotta wait.

sungam

May 21, 2014, 7:26 PM
Post #44945 of 45342 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Are you going to be able to work without driving, or will you be able to by then?

Also, I'm not up to date with what you work as, will it be shit or will it be mostly ok?

erisspirit

May 22, 2014, 5:19 PM
Post #44946 of 45342 (5404 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Last weekend and this weekend we have San Diego guests, so all is well in our not so secret plot to get our friends to visit, get hooked, and move here...

also will have visitors in June, July, and August

finally trying to start leading regularly again. Been good the last couple weeks, but on wimpy leads only. Been making progress though.

and of course, despite all promises to myself, I have agreed to at least 3 long runs this year...

sungam

May 23, 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #44947 of 45342 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*sigh* I need to learn to drive or something. I'm kinda worried about it since I zone out really badly if something isn't holding my focus, so I think I'd be a really bad driver (which is why I aint got a license before now), but I've just had to cancel a climbing trip since the driver is busy, and none of my friends except one or two have cars. We could take the bus but 4 hours of buses + the hassle of taking like 5 bouldering mats with 3 people, for 2 days of climbing cleaning new problems... eh.

sungam

May 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #44948 of 45342 (5384 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I mean look at this fukkin' unclimbed roof.

I really want to go do it (I've cleaned most of it and done some on toprope solo with a grigri) but while it's totes worth driving to... 4 hours each way on a bus (pricey as fuck, too) is too long, and you couldn't do it with just one or two pads - the landing is shit!

(This post was edited by sungam on May 23, 2014, 11:28 AM)

sungam

May 23, 2014, 11:29 AM
Post #44949 of 45342 (5381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://imgur.com/a/ve1cw#0
Album is 4 years old or something, but they are from the last time I was there. Still lots of new problems to clean/climb.

sungam

May 23, 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #44950 of 45342 (5379 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh jesus people actually voted for UKIP Unimpressed

First page Previous page 1 ... 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook