Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

May 23, 2014, 4:59 PM
Post #44951 of 45342 (5055 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Happy bday, Marge.

Gmburns2000

May 24, 2014, 3:50 PM
Post #44952 of 45342 (5048 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
http://imgur.com/a/ve1cw#0
Album is 4 years old or something, but they are from the last time I was there. Still lots of new problems to clean/climb.

awful lot of pics of you not climbing. are you sure you're name isn't Shake-speare?

sungam

May 24, 2014, 9:51 PM
Post #44953 of 45342 (5040 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't understand the joke, but there are only 2 pics of me not climbing, unless you count the pics of someone else climbing?

Gmburns2000

May 26, 2014, 3:19 AM
Post #44954 of 45342 (5029 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's an expression in Brasil that's basically "with emotion" (as translated). It essentially means that you get a choice if you want something with or without emotion. Kind of a not-so-secret inside joke to Brasilians everywhere (because this place bleeds emotion). Everything is with emotion.

- Last December I couldn't pay rent and was down to my last R$50 (US$20). Suddenly the account will be significantly higher than that when I get paid next week (suddenly = over several months of building up).

- My art wasn't just not selling, it wasn't getting any exposure. 15 days ago I took down my first museum exhibit, left two paintings there (one to a private collector and the other to be a part of the permanent collection of the museum), and this weekend I'm finishing up two commissioned pieces. The museum owner has introduced me to two gallery owners and will do so again to a third on Wed. Plus a student will introduce me to a home furnishing store owner-friend who sells dining rooms tables for US$20,000. Fingers are crossed.

- A year ago my girlfriend and I were at a serious cross-roads. We wanted to be together, but we weren't sure how. We knew the visa bomb was ticking. Tuesday we file the papers to get married. No doubt this is good for both of us. I've never wanted to work so hard for someone in my entire life.

Fuck man, I hope my heart is healthy (haven't had health insurance for four years - thus no doctors eh?). The next step just keeps coming and coming and coming and coming and coming and...

sungam

May 26, 2014, 11:05 AM
Post #44955 of 45342 (5020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Tuesday we file the papers to get married.
M8 did you just try to hide that in a wall of text?

GRATZ BRAHSKI!

Gmburns2000

May 26, 2014, 2:15 PM
Post #44956 of 45342 (5009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Tuesday we file the papers to get married.
M8 did you just try to hide that in a wall of text?

GRATZ BRAHSKI!
[image]http://mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw10127-tumblr_mm3p75tkRR1rriakmo1_500.gif[/image]

nope - no hidden messages, but thanks for the congrats. Just been a blur the past few months.

Partner macherry

May 26, 2014, 3:46 PM
Post #44957 of 45342 (5001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hate the ponies.

congrats on the marriage.

Gmburns2000

May 26, 2014, 11:58 PM
Post #44958 of 45342 (4990 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

Thanks, but there's no guarantee yet. We just discovered some new and lovely red tape bullshit we gotta go through. This is going to be a fun 30 days.

Partner macherry

May 27, 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #44959 of 45342 (4985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

Thanks, but there's no guarantee yet. We just discovered some new and lovely red tape bullshit we gotta go through. This is going to be a fun 30 days.

yeah, but you've encountered road blocks before. this too shall pass

sungam

May 27, 2014, 9:47 AM
Post #44960 of 45342 (4975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.
:( ma y?

sungam

May 27, 2014, 9:47 AM
Post #44961 of 45342 (4978 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Welp, that sucks. Hopefully you sort it out though.

Gmburns2000

May 27, 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #44962 of 45342 (4976 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

Had a funny conversation with the Lady last night. It basically ended with me saying, "What are you doing later in the week? You want to get married Friday?" Laugh

erisspirit

May 27, 2014, 7:26 PM
Post #44963 of 45342 (4966 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

Had a funny conversation with the Lady last night. It basically ended with me saying, "What are you doing later in the week? You want to get married Friday?" Laugh

hmmm what do you want to do Friday? catch a movie?? get some takeout?? get married??

congrats! hope the red tapey crud goes smoothly!

Partner macherry

May 27, 2014, 7:53 PM
Post #44964 of 45342 (4962 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

creeps me out the whole bronie thing does

Gmburns2000

May 28, 2014, 12:47 AM
Post #44965 of 45342 (4954 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

hmmm what do you want to do Friday? catch a movie?? get some takeout?? get married??

thanks. we're in wait-and-see mode now.

Partner epoch

May 28, 2014, 1:12 AM
Post #44966 of 45342 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

gongradulations!

donald949

Jun 4, 2014, 12:40 AM
Post #44967 of 45342 (4857 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Iguess a quick update is in order.
Wrist is getting better, uch that I no longer use the walker, using crutches instead.
Appointment with Dr went well, cleared me to go to 100% weight bearing on it. Haven't got that far but am progressing. Foot, ankle, calf, and knee remain sore and a bit swollen from all the PT. Dr wants 3 days PT now. Pt Therapist has me working out for 2.5 hours. Supposed to be back at work in 3 weeks. *gulp* Got a long way to go. Made a lot of progress so far, but still seams like a long way to go. Not even been cleared to drive yet.

I'm totally predicting sendage photos by the end of the year.
Well I'm still hoping for sum sendage.
BUTT, we had a bit of a set back.
I has Plantar Fauciitis. Apparently is not uncommon to develop after being no load bearing for soooo long. Felt like I was being stabed in teh arch Sat. But the question arises. Why didn't the therapissed and oar doc not give me stretches to due to avoid said perdicamint! MadMadMadMadMad
Been streching lass couple o days and taking of Advil, sew mucho better twoday, but still...

donald949

Jun 4, 2014, 12:42 AM
Post #44968 of 45342 (4855 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
woke up at 4 to catch a 6am flight to Sao Paulo. Arrived at 7, took the bus to the subway. bus broke down on the highway. waited for the new bus. arrived at the subway and did my best sardine impression from the red line to the yellow line. fared slightly better on the yellow line to the train. fared a little better still on the train, but definitely had to wipe the sardine oil off me upon exiting the station. walked 20 min to the consulate and got in line for 10 min only to find out the line is for brasilians. Americans don't have a line (yippee!) but still had to wait 30 min to see someone to add pages to my passport and get a stamped document that means nothing more than the US govt says it's OK for me to get married to a Brasilian (like they know this). It is now 1130am (yes, it took about three hours to get from the airport to the consulate - this is normal in SP).

Also, at this point I've eaten a bag of chips supplied by the airline on the flight over.

Did everything in reverse back to the airport (only 2.5 hours this time). Arrive at the airport at 2pm. Sit down and wolf down a crappy hamburger. Get on the plane and arrive back in Curitiba at 4:30. Take the bus into town. The bus gets into an accident with another bus but the two drivers shake it off and we continue. I get off the bus and walk about 45min to teach class.

I arrive at class and begin a listening section that requires the computer and stereo. then half the lights go out and the stereo is deemed non-functional. So we do a reading and discussion class. Then all the lights except for the back-up lights go out. I teach the rest of class in the dark. Why? because I'm getting a ride home and the other teacher is also teaching in the dark until class ends. This is the life we live.

I get home and find no food in the fridge. Only one meal and two small bags of chips. Class tomorrow at 8am.

weeeee this is fun.
Congrats.
Sept for the sardine part.

donald949

Jun 4, 2014, 12:46 AM
Post #44969 of 45342 (4853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

yeah, but you've encountered road blocks before. this too shall pass like a kidney stone
Phixxed?

donald949

Jun 4, 2014, 12:51 AM
Post #44970 of 45342 (4851 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Wrist is getting better, uch that I no longer use the walker, using crutches instead.
Appointment with Dr went well, cleared me to go to 100% weight bearing on it. Haven't got that far but am progressing. Foot, ankle, calf, and knee remain sore and a bit swollen from all the PT. Dr wants 3 days PT now. Pt Therapist has me working out for 2.5 hours. Supposed to be back at work in 3 weeks. *gulp* Got a long way to go. Made a lot of progress so far, but still seams like a long way to go. Not even been cleared to drive yet.

I'm totally predicting sendage photos by the end of the year.
Well I'm still hoping for sum sendage.
BUTT, we had a bit of a set back.
I has Plantar Fauciitis. Apparently is not uncommon to develop after being no load bearing for soooo long. Felt like I was being stabed in teh arch Sat. But the question arises. Why didn't the therapissed and oar doc not give me stretches to due to avoid said perdicamint! MadMadMadMadMad
Been streching lass couple o days and taking of Advil, sew mucho better twoday, but still...
So I got to say. While the tibia break was bad, the whole experience has deffinately had some up sides and it could have been worse.
I've got to spend a lot of time with the wife and kids. That I would not have been able to do working out of state while they finnished up the school year.
I've met a lot of people who have gone through nearly as bad to worse. A few, much worse. I have been deffinately touched by a million small kindnesses. People offering kind words and prayers on FB and real life, to people opening doors for me everywhere.

donald949

Jun 4, 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #44971 of 45342 (4842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Are you going to be able to work without driving, or will you be able to by then?

Also, I'm not up to date with what you work as, will it be shit or will it be mostly ok?
Driving is coming soon. Smile Practicing around parking lots to see how the knee leg handle it. The knee is still tender in the back, which is not good for the driving.

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2014, 2:46 AM
Post #44972 of 45342 (4836 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

gongradulations!

haven't been able to reply to this thread since I saw this post. Hoping this posts now. Some sort of weird bug. Anyway, thanks to all.

Donny - get better sooner rather than later. Summer has just begun. We want to see you being top-belayed by Fred Beckey.

Just brought some paintings to a store. We'll see how it goes. Trying to be honest and give them the correct price that's on my website, but I'm being given signs to increase them. Am I honest or a fool?

edge

Jun 4, 2014, 3:20 AM
Post #44973 of 45342 (4830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

gongradulations!

haven't been able to reply to this thread since I saw this post. Hoping this posts now. Some sort of weird bug. Anyway, thanks to all.

Donny - get better sooner rather than later. Summer has just begun. We want to see you being top-belayed by Fred Beckey.

I'm not going to reply post by post.
1). Congrats
2). Get well soon
3). Sorry to hear that
4). Woo!!!
5). Pancakes

Please peruse the above list and apply the most suitable response to your current situation. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

In reply to:
Just brought some paintings to a store. We'll see how it goes. Trying to be honest and give them the correct price that's on my website, but I'm being given signs to increase them. Am I honest or a fool?

You are being asked to increase the perceived value by pricing them as valuable. Some people will buy an item for $5000 that they would never consider if they saw the same thing selling for $999.

I'd rather sell one at $5k in a month than four at $999...

(This post was edited by edge on Jun 4, 2014, 3:21 AM)

Gmburns2000

Jun 4, 2014, 3:55 AM
Post #44974 of 45342 (4821 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
In reply to:

You are being asked to increase the perceived value by pricing them as valuable. Some people will buy an item for $5000 that they would never consider if they saw the same thing selling for $999.

I'd rather sell one at $5k in a month than four at $999...

I'm not being asked to. It was was lightly suggested. The problem is that it has to be reasonably close to my price on my website. If I increase my prices too much at the store then I'm competing against the store, and that doesn't build for good relationships down the road. It's a consignment business always.

sungam

Jun 4, 2014, 1:21 PM
Post #44975 of 45342 (4811 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

creeps me out the whole bronie thing does
How is it any worse then otaku/pokefreaks/trekkies/etc.?

Also - the singular is brony (like pony).

First page Previous page 1 ... 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook