RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

Lihi1990

Jun 12, 2014, 9:42 AM
Post #1 of 4 (5556 views)
Shortcut

climbing tonsai
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi everyone

Im just planning my climbing trip and would love to get some info about tonsai and yangshu ifrom 17/08 - 30/09
is it hard to find partnetrs?
is it too hot to climb?
if i climb 6c - 7a franch grade, wiil i have routes to climb

jumpingrock

Jun 12, 2014, 9:53 AM
Post #2 of 4 (5549 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lihi1990] climbing tonsai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,

I've only been to tonsai, so I can't help you with yangshu. It will be hot but according to some still climbable. You may want to consider going to koh yao noi as the area is more relaxed and far less polished and humid. If you do go to Tonsai, you shouldn't have too many problems finding partners but I you are going in the off season so it might not be as easy as if you go between dec - march. Be careful of course as there are loads of dodgy belayers in Tonsai. You won't have any problems finding climbs between 6c & 7a, though the grades are very much holiday grades so you might even find yourself on 7a+ or 7b. It's only a challenge to find climbing if you aren't able to climb 6a or harder.

Cheers,

David

brinosaur

Jun 12, 2014, 8:16 PM
Post #3 of 4 (5489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lihi1990] climbing tonsai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yangshuo will be very hot. It is climbable if you're used to hot temps and are willing to chase shade -- there are plenty of crags that stay shaded. Getting to the crags can be brutal on hot sunny days, though.

Finding partners is easy. Show up at any of the local guiding shops to meet locals or foreigners. Likewise, you can go by the various English schools or other businesses that employ westerners -- many of these expats climb or have friends that do.

There are plenty of climbs in your grade range. Check out The Egg and Chicken Cave for some excellent climbs in that range. Many of the super classics (Over the Moon) are easier than their grading would suggest, as many of these climbs are long endurance routes with few hard moves.

(This post was edited by brinosaur on Jun 12, 2014, 8:16 PM)

Lihi1990

Jun 16, 2014, 6:32 AM
Post #4 of 4 (5313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jumpingrock] climbing tonsai [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

Thanks for the answers.
really helped me to plan my trip.
I might come to tonsai at the end of Sep and yangshuo at the begining, hopfully it will be a nice weather. and ill fing partners easily as you said.

thanks again,
lihi :)

(This post was edited by Lihi1990 on Jun 16, 2014, 6:39 AM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook