RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

nick_a

Jun 11, 2014, 8:26 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1494 views)
Shortcut

Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia in June
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi all, I'm traveling around this area with a rope and draws and would love to put them to use! I can lead 6b, and I'm very flexible with location and days.

Partner Jeff
Owner

Jun 16, 2014, 5:51 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1424 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nick_a] Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia in June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not climbing related... Be sure to check out Plitvice National Park while you're in Croatia: http://en.wikipedia.org/..._Lakes_National_Park

If you haven't been, I think it's a must-see... the pictures don't do this justice in the least. I've seen a lot of waterfalls and pretty lakes, and still thought this was fantastically beautiful.

I was short on time and was able to run the entire extended loop including upper, middle and lower lakes in under 2 hours if I remember correctly (it's been a couple of years), including time to take plenty of pictures. So even if you walked, it's still doable in half a day or less.

JimTitt

Jun 17, 2014, 5:34 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1388 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jeff] Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia in June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, a cool place for sure, bit far from any climbing though but on the way N from Paklenica.
Plitvice and Paklenica are familiar to every German, they were the locations for Germany´s most famous western films which is why you´ll find yourself on the Winnetou trail as you walk up the gorge in Paklenica.
11 films (Starring Lex Barker and Pierre Brice who couldn´t speak English or German but looked cool) and two TV series based on books by Karl May who had never even been to the USA.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook