Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

meatbomz

Jul 13, 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #102851 of 105309 (5033 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Frown such a day. I've known various climber friends of friends who have died but never someone anywhere near this close. He climbed with CI and I in the creke for a few days.

Partner macherry

Jul 14, 2014, 3:26 AM
Post #102852 of 105309 (5013 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Frown such a day. I've known various climber friends of friends who have died but never someone anywhere near this close. He climbed with CI and I in the creke for a few days.

my condolences.

caughtinside

Jul 14, 2014, 3:14 PM
Post #102853 of 105309 (4991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
I lost my best climbing bud yesterday. Just devastated.

TR soloing on the Barber Wall and something went wrong.

This is awful. He was a prince of a human.

Partner cracklover

Jul 14, 2014, 7:57 PM
Post #102854 of 105309 (4952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:

This is awful. He was a prince of a human.

My condolences as well. Sucks.

GO

Partner epoch

Jul 14, 2014, 8:25 PM
Post #102855 of 105309 (4943 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:

Sorry to hear. I offer my sincere condolences to you and the community out there.

(This post was edited by epoch on Jul 14, 2014, 8:26 PM)

meatbomz

Jul 15, 2014, 5:08 PM
Post #102856 of 105309 (4891 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks guys. He was indeed a special person.

snoopy138

Jul 15, 2014, 8:21 PM
Post #102857 of 105309 (4871 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:

shit, that's awful news. sorry to hear that.

climbs4fun

Jul 18, 2014, 6:31 PM
Post #102858 of 105309 (4759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

On a positive note, it makes me smile every time I see your signature. I can still hear him saying it.

meatbomz

Jul 22, 2014, 3:02 AM
Post #102859 of 105309 (4692 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
meatbomz wrote:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

On a positive note, it makes me smile every time I see your signature. I can still hear him saying it.

I know I lost all of my knob hacks a few computers ago so art is with me for the duration.

snoopy138

Jul 22, 2014, 7:46 PM
Post #102860 of 105309 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm ... weke end report time.

I climbed at teh hole. It was surprisingly crowded down their, with a bunch of kids from the local gym showing up. The kids were smoking some scrib at one point, jak noticed it and made a comment to them about it smelling nice or something ... and they completely failed to offer him any.

Teh weke before that I went to echo. Hot as shit hiking in and out, but not too bad climbing in the shade. The Mangler bailed that morning, but luckily Nate and his gf were out there. Sent teh Chop Top, then failed to zend teh Stain. Teh Stain is not that great a rowt, and the hold that you make the crux deadpoint off of gets really slick in teh heat. Will have to zend it at some point, though.

lena_chita

Jul 23, 2014, 8:41 AM
Post #102861 of 105309 (4615 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i am jealous of your weke end report.

my reports from now till november can be summarized here: SUCKS to be me.

4 more days until a shower and a dressing change. 8 more weeks of crutches. crutches suck. but hopping on crutches when you can't bend the bum leg sucks 100-fold more. hopefully that wont last 8 weeks!

sleeping with your legs imobilized straight also sucks. hence, 4 am posting. but on the plus side, i haven't taken vicodin yet.

granite_grrl

Jul 23, 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #102862 of 105309 (4611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

4 more days until a shower and a dressing change. 8 more weeks of crutches. crutches suck. but hopping on crutches when you can't bend the bum leg sucks 100-fold more. hopefully that wont last 8 weeks!

sleeping with your legs imobilized straight also sucks. hence, 4 am posting. but on the plus side, i haven't taken vicodin yet.

I didn't realize the knee surgery was going to happen so soon. Hoping they found the problem and this will hopefully fix you up pretty good.

And I, for one, fully endorse appropriate use of pain killers after surgery.

Partner camhead

Jul 23, 2014, 12:39 PM
Post #102863 of 105309 (4607 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

Whoa, you went and did it! What did they find when they went in there?

Hope your recovery goes quickly, and get on the upper body workouts ASAP!

snoopy138

Jul 23, 2014, 3:54 PM
Post #102864 of 105309 (4596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

so that means they had to do the incisions and stitching of the meniscus?

You know if you used the vicodin you might be sleeping instead of posting at 4 am.

granite_grrl

Jul 23, 2014, 4:00 PM
Post #102865 of 105309 (4593 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

so that means they had to do the incisions and stitching of the meniscus?

You know if you used the vicodin you might be sleeping instead of posting at 4 am.

If you recall, the last surgery I had (hardware removal) they put me on oxycodone, and I didn't like the stuff. Switched myself over to Tylenol-3s during the day, but man that oxy stuff was sure nice if all I didn't have to function and all I needed to do was sleep.

lena_chita

Jul 23, 2014, 4:56 PM
Post #102866 of 105309 (4589 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Yes, I went and did it. They found what the dr thought it was-meniscus intact, but torn away from the knee capsule and sliding around. And I apparently have good enough catilage to hold the stitches. So yes, they did the incision and 8 stitches. Which is supposedly a lot for meniscus.

The swelling is def setting in now. But otherwise I am not in too much pain. That's why I decided to hold off on Vicodin and take ibuprofen instead.

Cam head, you were no weight bearing with your gimp foot, right? How did you do the hangboard? I am not sure I could do that until I can bend the gimp leg out of the way. Right now it is this stiff log that requires a lot of effort to keep it off the ground..

snoopy138

Jul 23, 2014, 5:58 PM
Post #102867 of 105309 (4585 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Yes, I went and did it. They found what the dr thought it was-meniscus intact, but torn away from the knee capsule and sliding around. And I apparently have good enough catilage to hold the stitches. So yes, they did the incision and 8 stitches. Which is supposedly a lot for meniscus.

The swelling is def setting in now. But otherwise I am not in too much pain. That's why I decided to hold off on Vicodin and take ibuprofen instead.

Cam head, you were no weight bearing with your gimp foot, right? How did you do the hangboard? I am not sure I could do that until I can bend the gimp leg out of the way. Right now it is this stiff log that requires a lot of effort to keep it off the ground..

holding it up in front of you is probibly gud for your core?

Partner camhead

Jul 23, 2014, 6:37 PM
Post #102868 of 105309 (4574 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

Yeah, no weight-bearing on the LisPaul. When I had the fiberglass cast on, I just kept chairs and step ladders next to the hangboard so that I could catch myself when I came off. A couple times, when I would reach the failure point, I would drop and then grab the jug to catch myself, but never had any bad stuff happen. Once I was in the aircast, it was easier, and slightly weight bearing. Obviously, I never campused at all with the injury.

I would be more careful with the knee, though, probably way more potential for fucking it up than the LisPaul if you fall straight on it. But still, leg lifts, Roman Chair, benching, curls, you can do all that.

caughtinside

Jul 23, 2014, 6:44 PM
Post #102869 of 105309 (4572 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bummer about the knee but at least you were in control of the decision.

I myself spent the weekend in texas, getting fatter, weaker and drunker. It was pretty fun for the most part. Woulda tried to track down the koala for some climbing, but it was just a 48 hr trip. Hopefully get out for a day this weekend.

I did manage to lose my license some how. Getting on the plane without one wasn't that hard. I tried to make a dmv appointment to get a gnu one, but the first appointment isn't available for a solid month. WTF.

caughtinside

Jul 23, 2014, 6:46 PM
Post #102870 of 105309 (4571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh yes, the flight home was cool. I was looking out the window and saw this amazing rock formation! Just a massive castle coming up out of a plane, with a couple dikes radiating out. Looked at the google later and saw it was Shiprock, which I had sort of guessed but wanted to confirm. Also saw Lake Powell which was neat. Finished the descent right over tuolumne and the valley.

granite_grrl

Jul 23, 2014, 7:31 PM
Post #102871 of 105309 (4564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Oh yes, the flight home was cool. I was looking out the window and saw this amazing rock formation! Just a massive castle coming up out of a plane, with a couple dikes radiating out. Looked at the google later and saw it was Shiprock, which I had sort of guessed but wanted to confirm. Also saw Lake Powell which was neat. Finished the descent right over tuolumne and the valley.

Flying to Vegas at Easter we flew right over Zion, which was cool. One the flight back we flew over the Grand Canyon, but it was cloudy and by the time we were near Zion you could only get quick glimpses of stuff.

caughtinside

Jul 23, 2014, 7:54 PM
Post #102872 of 105309 (4556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Flying to Vegas at Easter we flew right over Zion, which was cool. One the flight back we flew over the Grand Canyon, but it was cloudy and by the time we were near Zion you could only get quick glimpses of stuff.

After looking at the google map, I think Zion was probably on the other side of the plane. would have been cool.

snoopy138

Jul 23, 2014, 7:54 PM
Post #102873 of 105309 (4555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
bummer about the knee but at least you were in control of the decision.

I myself spent the weekend in texas, getting fatter, weaker and drunker. It was pretty fun for the most part. Woulda tried to track down the koala for some climbing, but it was just a 48 hr trip. Hopefully get out for a day this weekend.

I did manage to lose my license some how. Getting on the plane without one wasn't that hard. I tried to make a dmv appointment to get a gnu one, but the first appointment isn't available for a solid month. WTF.

a month? that's ludicrous. There are no other dmvs you can go to?

caughtinside

Jul 23, 2014, 7:56 PM
Post #102874 of 105309 (4554 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzjzHjSNPM

one of the mammut classic vids. This one showcases The Grand Illusion, a local test piece and world famous climb as perhaps the first .13 in the us (possible phoenix was earlier, can't remember).

Features the local 13 year old strongboy.

it's a super cool climb, I've gone up to the base and it is short but very very impressive.

snoopy138

Jul 23, 2014, 7:59 PM
Post #102875 of 105309 (4553 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

I can often catch joshua tree flying into or out of LA -- basically, just find Saddle Rocks and the rest of the formations can be ID'd based on that. It's not that exciting, though ... mostly looks like a pile of dummy domes. Which, it is.

Being able to see Tahquitz and Suicide is rarer, but did find them once. The desert sw is cool, but usually I haven't found anything I could ID for sure.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook