Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 5:54 PM
Post #103051 of 105309 (5091 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Visited Secret Tom's choss world over the weekend, super fun. Vert granite with cool features/holds. Camhead would be jealous of the punny names. Chains we can believe in, the audacity of Rope, Chalk to the Hand, look whose Chalking, etc. Got bouted on the 3 11deez I tried to onsight. good times.

It's knot that sekrit and in the guidebuk now, right?

true and true. Still low key though, and guarded by a horrendous hike. You hike down, much like going down into a HOLE. Getting in you get the shaky knees. Going out hurts the quads. I'd say getting out is like doing a Castleton. Maybe 45 minutes to hike out? I forget how long Castleton actually is, been a few years.

that sounds approximately like a castleton, I think.

Sunday Allison and I finally got to the main "local" crag after moving to CT six weeks ago. Ragged Mountain is actually pretty good climbing, but holy hell, the approach? We followed the approach given in the guidebook. I don't think anyone else does that. It was literally an hour-and-a-quarter tramp through the woods, through backyards, over several roads. Total bullshit. Saw loads of other people at the crag, and after doing the hour-and-a-quarter hike back to the car, noted that ours was still the only car in the lot.

Gonna have to figure out the secret-squirrel beta for parking. No way I'm doing that again.

GO
Sucks to be you!

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 6:11 PM
Post #103052 of 105309 (5087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, most of ya'll probably already saw on teh facespace, but for the benefit of Doc and Trapper: I got me a gnu Taco. It's a 2002 extended cab 4wd, only had 100k on it, I got it for $9000, was able to pay cash for most of it. Pretty psyched, even the automatic transmission is unexpectedly gneiss. Still need to switch out my sleeper platform and camper shell from Old Red, and hopefully will be able to sell this ridiculous bed cover that came with it.

Haven't gotten rid of Old Red yet, might not at all. I'm like Beck, I've got two turntables tacomas and a microphone.
I gnu, because you asked for advice...

Yes. Although your advice came after I bought it.

As for Old Red, I'm very sentimentally attached to him. Been across the country a dozen times, canada to Mexico, one of the few unabashedly good decisions I've ever made. I'm actually working on donating him to the AAC for use as a campground utility vehicle, so I can get the tax write off, not have to pay insurance or licensing anymore, but still keep an eye on him.

That could work.

I admit that I have never gotten sentimentally attached to my cars, but Subie might be worming her way in. She's staying in teh family for a good long while yet, but when she finally needs to go, in the future... I dunno.

I dunno what I'm gonna do when my current car kicks the bucket. There's nothing remotely like it now. And it's making a funny noise that is getting worse and worse, and the first mechanic couldn't diagnose.

70 MPG, and enough room for Allison and I to pack a week's worth of climbing and camping and food and gear. I really hope it never dies.

GO

70 mpg, seriously? That is nice.

The 4wd capability/high clearance is fairly essential at the Red, unless you are climbing in Muir Valley. Seems like for half of the crags you need it, these days. And that def cuts into the gas mileage.

Speaking of crappy gas mileage, OMG!!!! The car that we drove in Xzzzz, is the crappiest vehicle ever.

Brand spanking new Jeep Wrangler limited edition Sahara-something-or-other-blah-blah, with all bells and whistles, belongs to Bob-o, Banz's soft spot.

Mind you, Bob-o himself doesn't drive on highways. But he wanted to bring his car, because it is roomy, and because he has a lockbox in the trunk for his gun and laptop and shit. And when Bob-o says jump, Banz only asks how high, because that's how things are.

So who got to drive it and pay for gas? Me and Banz, of course. On the drive from Denver to Xzzz there was a lot of headwind, and the drive is sort of consistently slightly uphill. SO this behemoth averaged 16 mpg, whoopie-dee-doo! It handles horribly, too. We weren't even going anywhere near 70mph, 60-65 at most, and white-knuckled the whole way.

On the way from Xzzz to back East the wind was on our back, and the going downhill overall, so we averaged whooping 19mpg!!! With slighter better handling, but still, I ended up driving through Chicago at 6a.m. in the morning, after sleeping couple hours in the back seat, and I blame any new white hairs on the experience.

And the things is, I can't see it being good off-road vehicle, either. It was barely managing the uphill drive on gravel road at 25mpg, with the engine RPMs going into 6K. And the trunk is not nearly as roomy as you'd think it would be, between the monster tires, and the lockbox, 3 backpacks in the back would be enough to not be able to see out of the back window at all.

I wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me free... Well, no, I would take it, and then turn around and sell it to a guy whose manhood needs a boost.

Jeep Wranglers... they are fun, but that's it. They have been the most unreliable car you can buy off the lot for 20 years running, no joke. Terrible on the highway, poorly designed for passenger comfort, worst mpg, loud and stupid. Naturally, they are wildly popular with Americans.

Yeah, it was very loud. I think Bob-o buys a new car every year, or every other year at most, something like that. Even unreliable cars manage to be decent in the first couple years. But I really can't figure out why you'd need this car, or want it.

My father was a big Jeep guy for the longest time. Grand Cherokee though (a lot plusher). He had 3 or 4 over the years I think and the earlier ones were a lot more useful than the later ones.

Partner camhead

Aug 6, 2014, 6:29 PM
Post #103053 of 105309 (5084 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, most of ya'll probably already saw on teh facespace, but for the benefit of Doc and Trapper: I got me a gnu Taco. It's a 2002 extended cab 4wd, only had 100k on it, I got it for $9000, was able to pay cash for most of it. Pretty psyched, even the automatic transmission is unexpectedly gneiss. Still need to switch out my sleeper platform and camper shell from Old Red, and hopefully will be able to sell this ridiculous bed cover that came with it.

Haven't gotten rid of Old Red yet, might not at all. I'm like Beck, I've got two turntables tacomas and a microphone.

As for Old Red, I'm very sentimentally attached to him. Been across the country a dozen times, canada to Mexico, one of the few unabashedly good decisions I've ever made. I'm actually working on donating him to the AAC for use as a campground utility vehicle, so I can get the tax write off, not have to pay insurance or licensing anymore, but still keep an eye on him.

That could work.

I admit that I have never gotten sentimentally attached to my cars, but Subie might be worming her way in. She's staying in teh family for a good long while yet, but when she finally needs to go, in the future... I dunno.

I dunno what I'm gonna do when my current car kicks the bucket. There's nothing remotely like it now. And it's making a funny noise that is getting worse and worse, and the first mechanic couldn't diagnose.

70 MPG, and enough room for Allison and I to pack a week's worth of climbing and camping and food and gear. I really hope it never dies.

GO

The 4wd capability/high clearance is fairly essential at the Red, unless you are climbing in Muir Valley. Seems like for half of the crags you need it, these days. And that def cuts into the gas mileage.

Speaking of crappy gas mileage, OMG!!!! The car that we drove in Xzzzz, is the crappiest vehicle ever.

Brand spanking new Jeep Wrangler limited edition Sahara-something-or-other-blah-blah, with all bells and whistles, belongs to Bob-o, Banz's soft spot.

Mind you, Bob-o himself doesn't drive on highways. But he wanted to bring his car, because it is roomy, and because he has a lockbox in the trunk for his gun and laptop and shit. And when Bob-o says jump, Banz only asks how high, because that's how things are.

So who got to drive it and pay for gas? Me and Banz, of course. On the drive from Denver to Xzzz there was a lot of headwind, and the drive is sort of consistently slightly uphill. SO this behemoth averaged 16 mpg, whoopie-dee-doo! It handles horribly, too. We weren't even going anywhere near 70mph, 60-65 at most, and white-knuckled the whole way.

On the way from Xzzz to back East the wind was on our back, and the going downhill overall, so we averaged whooping 19mpg!!! With slighter better handling, but still, I ended up driving through Chicago at 6a.m. in the morning, after sleeping couple hours in the back seat, and I blame any new white hairs on the experience.

And the things is, I can't see it being good off-road vehicle, either. It was barely managing the uphill drive on gravel road at 25mpg, with the engine RPMs going into 6K. And the trunk is not nearly as roomy as you'd think it would be, between the monster tires, and the lockbox, 3 backpacks in the back would be enough to not be able to see out of the back window at all.

I wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me free... Well, no, I would take it, and then turn around and sell it to a guy whose manhood needs a boost.

Jeeps are amongst the worst road trip vehicles evar. It does not surprise me that bob would have one though.

But seriously, the guy made you guys drive it and pay for gas? And this is in addition to him smoking, making sexist comments, complaining, refusing to go to crags without short approaches, and so forth? Lame.

What were the logistical reasons for you guys having to drive it though?

Partner cracklover

Aug 6, 2014, 7:02 PM
Post #103054 of 105309 (5079 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

What are you driving?

Dangit! GU'd!. It's been a long time since that happened

Whoo! Gu for you.

The klown is kerrect, it's a 2002 Honda Insight. Pictured here in it's happy place, with Allison and some buttress at The Creek reflected:

Reason it fits so much is no back seat. Strictly two person. But plenty enough storage space for two people's shit.

As for mileage, it's averaged 60 over its lifetime (140K so far). That's despite living in Boston for the first half of its life, and then living the second half of its life where I went over mountains nearly every time I went anywhere.

Took a month long climbing road trip once. Put 7,000 miles on the car (its name is Race Car Yaya by the way). Mix of city, highway, dirt, and worse. 100 gallons of gas. That's 70 MPG overall for that trip. Best tank I've gotten was well over 70 MPG.

It definitely can't get some places that some high clearance four-wheel drive cars can get. But if there's no snow or ice, it can get nearly anywhere. With a super-tight turning radius, and a tiny wheel-base, I can get around just about anything. Gotten through dirt roads that are not roads at all, just boulderfields/creek beds.

GO

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 PM
Post #103055 of 105309 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

The new Fit looks like a good economy choice. And I'm a big fan of the jetta TDI wagon. You can sleep in it and it gets 50mpg highway. more like 38-42 mixed in town.

In reality the Fit doesn't get that amazing of gas mileage. If I went by the little computer I might be getting mid to high 30s in the MPG, but in reality it gets maybe 34MPG hwy, 30(?)MPG city.

I kinda regret not dishing out the extra cash for a TDI, but it wasn't really in the budget at the time. For what we needed the Fit was a pretty good compromise.

I think the Fit is a good car. 30 and 34 are still pretty good numbers for a conventional gas car, and I think it costs 10k less than the Jetta TDI which is a lot of cash.

$10k buys a lot of gas.

And if you think about it we fill the car what, 5 times a month? Maybe 6 if you average it out with a couple of road trips. Right now I'm paying $45 a tank, so ~ $3240 a year.

If I could get twice as good of gas mileage with the TDI, it's a savings of $1620....which means I would make up that 10k price difference in a little over 6 years. But I don't think the TDI gets 65-70MPG, does it?

Yes, I think for a climber the Fit is one of the best cars around. You can put a shit ton of stuff in it. It's not bad to sleep in with the seats folded down (I think with the front seats pushed up there's ~5'10" of room? good for me, Nathan gets cramped). Has super low clearance though....but so do most small cars so what can you do.

Yeah I did the numbers on TDI versus conventional gas model when we bought it. I think my back of the envelope math came to it evens out after 7 years? But, diesel has gone down since then so it might be quicker.

One thing we didn't really factor was resale. The diesels hold their value much longer than gas because of their engine longevity. Lightly used models were so expensive it didn't make sense to not buy new.

I tend to hold cars a long time so it wasn't hard to decide. Plus its really the loyerette's ride and she was a big fan of the handling, comfort and giant sunroof. I'm still driving the old 2001 jetta with 165k. It runs good though so I'm going to stick with it, and just borrow the TDI when I want something I can sleep in.

I think resale on the Fits is actually pretty good. We have ~110k miles (not km) on our 2009 and plugging all the details gives me an $8,000 KBB value. Not bad on a low end car.

Not that it really matters because I see us keeping this car until it chokes because that’s what we do.

Mind you, the F150 is still chugging away, but we’re starting to get wary of it now that it’s almost 15 years old.

Partner cracklover

Aug 6, 2014, 7:09 PM
Post #103056 of 105309 (5078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Visited Secret Tom's choss world over the weekend, super fun. Vert granite with cool features/holds. Camhead would be jealous of the punny names. Chains we can believe in, the audacity of Rope, Chalk to the Hand, look whose Chalking, etc. Got bouted on the 3 11deez I tried to onsight. good times.

true and true. Still low key though, and guarded by a horrendous hike. You hike down, much like going down into a HOLE. Getting in you get the shaky knees. Going out hurts the quads. I'd say getting out is like doing a Castleton. Maybe 45 minutes to hike out? I forget how long Castleton actually is, been a few years.

Sunday Allison and I finally got to the main "local" crag after moving to CT six weeks ago. Ragged Mountain is actually pretty good climbing, but holy hell, the approach? We followed the approach given in the guidebook. I don't think anyone else does that. It was literally an hour-and-a-quarter tramp through the woods, through backyards, over several roads. Total bullshit. Saw loads of other people at the crag, and after doing the hour-and-a-quarter hike back to the car, noted that ours was still the only car in the lot.

Gonna have to figure out the secret-squirrel beta for parking. No way I'm doing that again.

GO

You couldn't ask teh people at teh crag?

Or have followed the cow trail that was probably leading away from the crag?

Could have, but since that would have put us miles away from the car we parked that would take us home, I think it might not have turned out to be the wisest choice.

As for Lena's suggestion - yeah, we totally should've asked someone. We were kind of in our own bubble all day. Too bad, since I'd like to find partners too. I think after hiking through the woods for three times as long as the guidebook claimed it would take, and with stuff to do in the evening, we were just in go-go-go mode.

GO

Partner cracklover

Aug 6, 2014, 7:11 PM
Post #103057 of 105309 (5073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO
Sucks to be you!

Not as much as you might think, doc.

GO

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 7:17 PM
Post #103058 of 105309 (5069 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

Jeeps are amongst the worst road trip vehicles evar. It does not surprise me that bob would have one though.

But seriously, the guy made you guys drive it and pay for gas? And this is in addition to him smoking, making sexist comments, complaining, refusing to go to crags without short approaches, and so forth? Lame.

Yeah, wranglers kind of suck.

Tacoz4eva!

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 7:18 PM
Post #103059 of 105309 (5068 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO
Sucks to be you!

GO
I could give you the approach beta, but I am not going to. Enjoy the 4th circle of hell that is connecticut.

snoopy138

Aug 6, 2014, 8:00 PM
Post #103060 of 105309 (5062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

this guy sounds pretty awesome.

last couple trips to teh Bear Carg have been with teh Mangler. I'm afraid to ask what his Tundra is getting as far as gas, but whatever it is, it's better than trying to put two Akitas in my corolla.

snoopy138

Aug 6, 2014, 8:03 PM
Post #103061 of 105309 (5061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO
Sucks to be you!

GO
I could give you the approach beta, but I am not going to. Enjoy the 4th circle of hell that is connecticut.

where does that put texas?

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 9:37 PM
Post #103062 of 105309 (5052 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

GO
Sucks to be you!

GO

where does that put texas?
6 or 7. Maybe more.

lena_chita

Aug 7, 2014, 2:32 AM
Post #103063 of 105309 (5037 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

Well, so first Banz drove to Pittsburgh.

Then Banz and bobo drove to Denver together. Or rather, Banz drove bobo.

I flew to Denver, and bobo's friend lives in Denver, and was going to go with us to Xzzz. But he wasn't staying the whole 2 weeks, so he was taking his own car (Little Honda Civic). So then bobo rode to Xzzz with his friend, and Banz and I were charged with driving bobo's car. So of course we were paying for the gas for the monster on the trip from Denver, since we were driving it. Took us 4 or 5 fill-ups. And I think little Civic made it with one fill-up, and still had plenty of gas left over...

dr_feelgood

Aug 7, 2014, 2:38 AM
Post #103064 of 105309 (5033 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

I flew to Denver, and bobo's friend lives in Denver, and was going to go with us to Xzzz. But he wasn't staying the whole 2 weeks, so he was taking his own car (Little Honda Civic). So then bobo rode to Xzzz with his friend, and Banz and I were charged with driving bobo's car. So of course we were paying for the gas for the monster on the trip from Denver, since we were driving it. Took us 4 or 5 fill-ups. And I think little Civic made it with one fill-up, and still had plenty of gas left over...
Four fill-ups? Fuck, my taco makes it from bozo to xzzzz in a single tank of gas.

granite_grrl

Aug 7, 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #103065 of 105309 (5007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

Ouch!

snoopy138

Aug 7, 2014, 3:55 PM
Post #103066 of 105309 (4994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

Four fill-ups? Fuck, my taco makes it from bozo to xzzzz in a single tank of gas.

shitty gas mileage and a small gas tank?

lena_chita

Aug 7, 2014, 4:26 PM
Post #103067 of 105309 (4985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

And Bozeman is quite a bit closer to Xzzz than Denver.

But yeah, Jeep has relatively small tank, for it's size. About the same size tank as my Subaru, but needing refueling twice as often.

caughtinside

Aug 7, 2014, 4:40 PM
Post #103068 of 105309 (4977 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

But yeah, Jeep has relatively small tank, for it's size. About the same size tank as my Subaru, but needing refueling twice as often.

I wonder how car companies decide what size tank to put in a car.

the old Mole Star had a 25 gallon tank. It hurt to fill up, but at least you could go 450+ miles once you were full. 18mpg

The tdi has a 13 gallon tank and can go 600 miles on a road trip. ~50mpg

gas jetta has a 13 gallon tank and gets about 425 on a road trip. ~32 mpg

You guys remember the good old Land Hog? I think that had a 18 gallon tank and could do 16mpg. A little less than 300 per tank I think.

I don't think I'd want a car that couldn't make it 400 miles per tank. Its psychologically damaging to swipe that card that much and pump that often.

lena_chita

Aug 7, 2014, 5:09 PM
Post #103069 of 105309 (4970 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

the old Mole Star had a 25 gallon tank. It hurt to fill up, but at least you could go 450+ miles once you were full. 18mpg

You guys remember the good old Land Hog? I think that had a 18 gallon tank and could do 16mpg. A little less than 300 per tank I think.

I don't think I'd want a car that couldn't make it 400 miles per tank. Its psychologically damaging to swipe that card that much and pump that often.

I was just thinking the exact same thing! (mental GU?)

From my personal experience of driving different people's cars, it seems that most cars have a tank big enough to go about 300 miles before refueling. We are not talking about driving on fumes for the last few miles... There are outliers in either direction, obviously, but 300 miles seems to be a median.

granite_grrl

Aug 7, 2014, 7:23 PM
Post #103070 of 105309 (4958 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

The Fit has a small tank, I usually can't get more than 330 miles. 360 miles is a good tank. Tank is 10.6 gallons and I'm normally put in 9 gal or a bit more for a fillup (sorry it's bee a while since I've driven in the states so I don't really remember).

If you want to talk pain try filling up am F150 when gas prices are hovering at $1.30/L. Looking it up the tank is 92.7L or 24.5gal. The thing is a pig too, I think it gets 15-16mpg most of the time.

dr_feelgood

Aug 7, 2014, 7:54 PM
Post #103071 of 105309 (4952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

Only two or so hours more.

snoopy138

Aug 7, 2014, 8:25 PM
Post #103072 of 105309 (4946 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

GO

I could probably get the Corolla to 400 if I used cruise control, drove at CI-speed, and really ran it down to the end of the tank. But it's usually around 300 between fills normally, and 350 on longer freeway trips -- but usually, the amount is really dependent on gas station pricing -- basically, I'll fill up in Mojave or Bishop when heading to/from the eastside, but nowhere in between. And always want to fill up in Vegas before heading home from RR.

dr_feelgood

Aug 7, 2014, 9:41 PM
Post #103073 of 105309 (4920 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My climbing partners and I had a bit of an argument.

They say that one should not have to handstack on a 5.6.

I say they are wrong!

dr_feelgood

Aug 7, 2014, 9:43 PM
Post #103074 of 105309 (4919 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood

Aug 7, 2014, 9:43 PM
Post #103075 of 105309 (4918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 ... 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook