Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Aug 15, 2014, 1:18 PM
Post #103126 of 105309 (3499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
I can't believe the weird chilly weather we are having this year. Several times in the past couple weeks it was too chilly for pool, at the height of a sunny day.

My tomato plants are full of green tomatoes, just sitting there, trying to figure out if they could maybe still ripen, or maybe it is October already, and they will be picked green any day.

Cantaloupes and honeydews just say, WTF, as they look at me from between the leaves.

Come on, summer!

I haven't been back down to St. Catharines for two weeks. I'm curious how my peppers are. They're on the south wall of the house though and so long as the sun is still high enough they get a lot of heat reflecting off the brick wall. It's a good spot for peppers and tomatoes.

granite_grrl

Aug 15, 2014, 1:19 PM
Post #103127 of 105309 (3499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oh, hanger!

granite_grrl

Aug 15, 2014, 1:23 PM
Post #103128 of 105309 (3498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, I went out climbing last night. The fellow I was with is kinda newer to leading and he death gripped and took a couple of good falls, but I still needed to finish off the route and clean the draws for him.

Climbing that route a few times took more out of me than it really should have, and by the time I hopped on my project there I didn't do much more than bolt to bolt it. I felt really tired at the time trial on Wednesday night too. I'm taking today off as a rest day and plan to go to bed early tonight so hopefully I'll recover and climb pretty okay this weekend.

snoopy138

Aug 15, 2014, 6:29 PM
Post #103129 of 105309 (3472 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
In other news, I went out climbing last night. The fellow I was with is kinda newer to leading and he death gripped and took a couple of good falls, but I still needed to finish off the route and clean the draws for him.

Climbing that route a few times took more out of me than it really should have, and by the time I hopped on my project there I didn't do much more than bolt to bolt it. I felt really tired at the time trial on Wednesday night too. I'm taking today off as a rest day and plan to go to bed early tonight so hopefully I'll recover and climb pretty okay this weekend.

you're probibly tiring yourself out with all the cross-training.

lena_chita

Aug 15, 2014, 7:13 PM
Post #103130 of 105309 (3465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. But as long as it is what you want to do... Seems like the biking is really pulling you in.

Hope the rest day helps.

climbs4fun

Aug 15, 2014, 7:20 PM
Post #103131 of 105309 (3460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I was going to say the same thing. But as long as it is what you want to do... Seems like the biking is really pulling you in.

Hope the rest day helps.

How's the knee?

And NO to more summer. It's been unseasonably tolerable here for the past few weeks.

granite_grrl

Aug 15, 2014, 7:32 PM
Post #103132 of 105309 (3454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

This is actually tru.

lena_chita

Aug 15, 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #103133 of 105309 (3439 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Hope the rest day helps.

How's the knee?

And NO to more summer. It's been unseasonably tolerable here for the past few weeks.

Knee is mending as it should. Supposedly slightly ahead of schedule.

But I really would not know, until I get a go-ahead to put weight on it, and start rehabbing it in earnest.

caughtinside

Aug 15, 2014, 11:44 PM
Post #103134 of 105309 (3434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not much to add. Friday. Feeling pretty good these days, hoping to get out for a day this weekend. Wrapped up some stuff at work which feels great. Probably drink a nice bottle of wine tonight.

Partner camhead

Aug 17, 2014, 2:32 PM
Post #103135 of 105309 (3404 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yurp. Read the Mandersons, cross-training is counter-productive.

Partner camhead

Aug 17, 2014, 2:39 PM
Post #103136 of 105309 (3401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey gerks! Got to Yewtah, and am enjoying the break from Dubbya Vee. Picked up the gf, who is taking a quick layover here after attempting Rainier and before heading back to Gnu York. She didn't summit, they got turned back by a bunch of hail and lightning storms. So I tried to console her with some dummy-dome summits at City of Rocks. Gawddamn, that place is amazing. We did a bunch of the classics, but no hard sends, due to the fact that City routes in the one two range and up get pretty sandbagged. Managed a sketchy onsight of this 11 mixed route called Beware of Nesting Egos, which was amazing. Got back on this hard bolted carck I'd been on once a few years ago called Bombs Over Tripoli, and almost zent, but fell at the top. Granite is still a foreign language!

lena_chita

Aug 17, 2014, 4:09 PM
Post #103137 of 105309 (3391 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hey gerks! Got to Yewtah, and am enjoying the break from Dubbya Vee. Picked up the gf, who is taking a quick layover here after attempting Rainier and before heading back to Gnu York. She didn't summit, they got turned back by a bunch of hail and lightning storms. So I tried to console her with some dummy-dome summits at City of Rocks. Gawddamn, that place is amazing. We did a bunch of the classics, but no hard sends, due to the fact that City routes in the one two range and up get pretty sandbagged. Managed a sketchy onsight of this 11 mixed route called Beware of Nesting Egos, which was amazing. Got back on this hard bolted carck I'd been on once a few years ago called Bombs Over Tripoli, and almost zent, but fell at the top. Granite is still a foreign language!

Only one-two's and up are sandbagged? That doesn't make any sense at all. But sure, if you say so.

Your formula for determining what kind of climber you are (one number grade below the lowest-grade route that you fell on, in the past 6 months) is making Ed pretty sad at the moment.

He went on his first trip since he broke his ankle and busted his knee in February. So really, his last outdoor trip was in November of last year... His ideas of what he would climb this weekend got brutally ruined by reality of some crappy new route at the Meadow's second buttress. He got on it thinking that it was 5.9 ,but it was a 10c, and not in the guidebook...

And now he is contemplating taking up other sport, such as competitive eating, or endurance floating.

dr_feelgood

Aug 17, 2014, 5:52 PM
Post #103138 of 105309 (3380 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

i've always found granite a bit weird as well.

caughtinside

Aug 17, 2014, 6:15 PM
Post #103139 of 105309 (3372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice. I think the City might be one of the funniest places to climb. Totally beautiful, amazing camping, f
Terrific routes in all grade ranges. Nesting egos is the one thing on my list I didn't get to try on my trip there, it looked so good on that upper head wall. The last day I was freezing or something and I didn't want to try it numb. Next time.

The city is like the best parts of jtree and bishop put together.

caughtinside

Aug 17, 2014, 6:17 PM
Post #103140 of 105309 (3371 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Was supposed to do a full day out today but my partner called yesterday and is leaving on a last minute trip to the Fins tomorrow. Bouldering instead today. Jealous bouldering.

dr_feelgood

Aug 18, 2014, 12:16 AM
Post #103141 of 105309 (3359 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Nice. I think the City might be one of the funniest places to climb. Totally beautiful, amazing camping, f
Terrific routes in all grade ranges. Nesting egos is the one thing on my list I didn't get to try on my trip there, it looked so good on that upper head wall. The last day I was freezing or something and I didn't want to try it numb. Next time.

The city is like the best parts of jtree and bishop put together.

Durp. The city rules. Maybe a worthwhile g3rkx meetup some day.

dr_feelgood

Aug 18, 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #103142 of 105309 (3358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Was supposed to do a full day out today but my partner called yesterday and is leaving on a last minute trip to the Fins tomorrow. Bouldering instead today. Jealous bouldering.

Is jelus bouldering anything like hate sects or sad masturbation?

climbs4fun

Aug 18, 2014, 4:09 AM
Post #103143 of 105309 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

I like City of Rocks. Fun place

caughtinside

Aug 18, 2014, 4:35 AM
Post #103144 of 105309 (3345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Is jelus bouldering anything like hate sects or sad masturbation?
Yep. At least I sent my proj. Double Rose. A fun little traverse with two rose moves. Pretty fun.

granite_grrl

Aug 18, 2014, 1:37 PM
Post #103145 of 105309 (3330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Rained on Sat so we trained in the basement. I just a basic workout, Nathan was far more involved in his (I was cooking dinner at the same time).

Went and looked at a 2006 Sprinter this past weekend. I'm thinking we should take it into our garage and get it inspected to see id we should make an offer on it. Nathan is back to thinking we should buy brand new. It kills me that we could buy a house in Florida for what that would cost.

He's waffling about his job again (renegotiate or what). I'm getting to the point that he needs to get some stuff done at our house, and if that takes him quitting, so be it.

Partner camhead

Aug 18, 2014, 2:48 PM
Post #103146 of 105309 (3317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Only one-two's and up are sandbagged? That doesn't make any sense at all. But sure, if you say so.

Your formula for determining what kind of climber you are (one number grade below the lowest-grade route that you fell on, in the past 6 months) is making Ed pretty sad at the moment.

He went on his first trip since he broke his ankle and busted his knee in February. So really, his last outdoor trip was in November of last year... His ideas of what he would climb this weekend got brutally ruined by reality of some crappy new route at the Meadow's second buttress. He got on it thinking that it was 5.9 ,but it was a 10c, and not in the guidebook...

And now he is contemplating taking up other sport, such as competitive eating, or endurance floating.

Well, maybe I am just really bad at technical slabbaneering, but yes, the one twos at CoR felt pretty sandbagged. The lower-graded tard routes are arguably a bit soft by NRG or Gunks standards; I had to stop myself from committing the Gunks cliche on many of the moderate carcks like Skyline, this 5.8 that was so juggy it may as well have been 5.6.

And just tell Ed to be VERY skeptical of those routes at the Meadow. Rudaw's just have a very high chance of being both shitty, weird, and hard to read because they take such stupid lines.

I like the sound of "endurance floating," though, hehe. Going to have to use that for all the damned SUPers in Fayettenam.

granite_grrl

Aug 18, 2014, 2:57 PM
Post #103147 of 105309 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I like biking.

I contemplated another reason why I might be so low energy. Nathan has been complaining that my breath has been "off" (not "bad" persay, but not right either). My bowls haven't returned to normal after the crazy antibiotics I took for my kidney infection either. I concluded that both have probably been caused by belly bacteria issues from the antibiotics.

I poked around online to make sure the breath thing could be related to belly bacteria and came across a couple of places that talked about B vitamin intake being effected by antibiotics because you need certain belly bacteria to process them properly.

Regardless if this is the reason for my low energy last week or not, I bought another package of probiotics to try to get things back on track. Since this incident I have decided that antibiotics are scary (even if they stop my kidneys from hurting).

granite_grrl

Aug 18, 2014, 3:03 PM
Post #103148 of 105309 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and I reached a high point on my drytooling project. I kinda started to get into a bit of a panic between the second last and last bolt (between pump and hanging upside-down) so I took when I clipped the last bolt. I'm just a couple of figure-4 moves from the anchors though.

Was going to try to give it a second go, but I gave myself a bit of a flash pump and with Nathan falling upside down and gently smashing into the well his previous attempt, I didn't really push myself to failure on it. I spent the rest of the session on TR practicing technique stuff.

lena_chita

Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM
Post #103149 of 105309 (3307 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Well, maybe I am just really bad at technical slabbaneering, but yes, the one twos at CoR felt pretty sandbagged. The lower-graded tard routes are arguably a bit soft by NRG or Gunks standards; I had to stop myself from committing the Gunks cliche on many of the moderate carcks like Skyline, this 5.8 that was so juggy it may as well have been 5.6.

And just tell Ed to be VERY skeptical of those routes at the Meadow. Rudaw's just have a very high chance of being both shitty, weird, and hard to read because they take such stupid lines.

I like the sound of "endurance floating," though, hehe. Going to have to use that for all the damned SUPers in Fayettenam.

I did my best to tell Ed that all those things. It didn't help much. So I offered to call the whambulance, and warmed him that i have the first place medal on competitive pity-wallowing firmly in my pocket, so he can't beat me, no matter how much he tries.

lena_chita

Aug 18, 2014, 3:58 PM
Post #103150 of 105309 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I like biking.

I contemplated another reason why I might be so low energy. Nathan has been complaining that my breath has been "off" (not "bad" persay, but not right either). My bowls haven't returned to normal after the crazy antibiotics I took for my kidney infection either. I concluded that both have probably been caused by belly bacteria issues from the antibiotics.

I poked around online to make sure the breath thing could be related to belly bacteria and came across a couple of places that talked about B vitamin intake being effected by antibiotics because you need certain belly bacteria to process them properly.

Regardless if this is the reason for my low energy last week or not, I bought another package of probiotics to try to get things back on track. Since this incident I have decided that antibiotics are scary (even if they stop my kidneys from hurting).

Yeah, antibiotics are scary. But what are you going to do, for kidney infection? I try not to think too much about antibiotic use associated with breast cancer, and all this other stuff... when you have to take them, you have to. Or you might not live long enough to get breast cancer. But yeah, it is definitely not something to be taken lightly. And the attitude is really changing, slowly, but it is. When D. was a baby, the dr was of the "here, I will write you a prescription now, take it just in case". By the time A. came along, it was more of a "wait a few days, it might get better on it's own"

I hope those probiotics help. I always tried to take some probiotics after finishing a course of antibiotics. But I don't take them regularly.

Things I have read all say that it is really hard to repopulate the gut flora, and those probiotics improve things as long as you are taking them, but rarely result in the bacteria permanently repopulating the guts, so you have to keep taking probiotics for a long time. E.i. they just come out with the poop, instead of staying in your intestines, if you don't keep taking the probiotics to continuously replenish things. But while they are there, they do make things better.

There is a lot of interesting stuff on gut flora. I mean actual research, and no just the popular writing from people who are trying to sell you stuff.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook