Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Sep 4, 2014, 4:44 AM
Post #45101 of 45342 (12311 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:

congrats!

Thanks!

erisspirit

Sep 4, 2014, 2:50 PM
Post #45102 of 45342 (12293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

congrats!

Thanks!

Woo!

Climbed with Edge...

he didn't cut my rope...

success?

it was great fun and really great weather last night. warm but nice clear skies... Way better than being indoors!

Partner epoch

Sep 4, 2014, 6:39 PM
Post #45103 of 45342 (12288 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
This thread is down to 4 users... uh oh...

We've actually had almost the full crew recently: you, me, erin, loran, don, magnus, and even bryan made a cameo.
I read daily.

.... well, when there is content.

Gmburns2000

Sep 4, 2014, 6:56 PM
Post #45104 of 45342 (12284 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

We've actually had almost the full crew recently: you, me, erin, loran, don, magnus, and even bryan made a cameo.
I read daily.

Funny, I used to stop by here daily just to see what was on the FP and check to see if there are new posts here, but lately I've been forgetting about the knob completely. Just nothing new. I still like hearing from the folks here, but there's nothing going on on the FP so much that I've started to lose a lot of interest in general. Hopefully this thread can keep going and we can someday find a way to meet up.

Partner macherry

Sep 4, 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #45105 of 45342 (12275 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

me too.

congrats to edge on the new digs. nice climbing too kids!

Partner macherry

Sep 4, 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #45106 of 45342 (12274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

Funny, I used to stop by here daily just to see what was on the FP and check to see if there are new posts here, but lately I've been forgetting about the knob completely. Just nothing new. I still like hearing from the folks here, but there's nothing going on on the FP so much that I've started to lose a lot of interest in general. Hopefully this thread can keep going and we can someday find a way to meet up.

this is true. the fp is dead to me, but i check and lurk on a few threads.

Gmburns2000

Sep 5, 2014, 1:08 AM
Post #45107 of 45342 (12269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

I wonder if the owner is waiting for the riff raff to leave so he can revamp with a new userbase.

Lazlo

Sep 5, 2014, 3:39 AM
Post #45108 of 45342 (12261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

I wonder if the owner is waiting for the riff raff to leave so he can revamp with a new userbase.

It's always a possibility.

Gmburns2000

Sep 5, 2014, 1:30 PM
Post #45109 of 45342 (12247 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

Blast from the past! welcome back Aeaiaraiaean!

But yes, it's a possibility. Let it pay some bills in the meantime, then do something really cool (or not).

Partner epoch

Sep 5, 2014, 2:34 PM
Post #45110 of 45342 (12241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

Yeah, My bookmark goes directly to the forum index. I haven't seen the FP in over a year.

Partner epoch

Sep 5, 2014, 2:37 PM
Post #45111 of 45342 (12239 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

He's, actually, trying to learn the back end.

If I were in his position, I would try to salvage the RDB data and start anew. Not a makeover, but a wholesale ground-up relaunch. There is some good ideas here, but the userbase to support what used to be here (gear reviews, articles, etc.) have left for much greener pastures. There is a possibility of luring them back, but it would take substantial investment in time and $$ to do it right. And seeing as how this site is only kind-of making money at the moment, I don't see it happening.

Partner epoch

Sep 5, 2014, 2:38 PM
Post #45112 of 45342 (12238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

Yeah, My bookmark goes directly to the forum index. I haven't seen the FP in over a year.
I think the FP is useless.

As the first thing, though, that someone sees when approaching this site. It's abysmal.

edge

Sep 5, 2014, 5:11 PM
Post #45113 of 45342 (12231 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by edge [In reply to]
Report this Post

donald949

Sep 5, 2014, 5:25 PM
Post #45114 of 45342 (12225 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

Wholly Shiite batman, a blast frum da psat.

donald949

Sep 5, 2014, 5:26 PM
Post #45115 of 45342 (12222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well yesterday wuz knot a gud day.
my knee hurt like a MF.
Only worse than that.
today is better.

donald949

Sep 5, 2014, 5:27 PM
Post #45116 of 45342 (12219 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
my knee hurt like a MF.
Only worse than that.
today is better.
still ready for awl this two be done.
tired of it all.

donald949

Sep 5, 2014, 5:27 PM
Post #45117 of 45342 (12217 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

otherwise greetings all from windy ID.

Gmburns2000

Sep 6, 2014, 2:04 AM
Post #45118 of 45342 (12207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

He's, actually, trying to learn the back end.

If I were in his position, I would try to salvage the RDB data and start anew. Not a makeover, but a wholesale ground-up relaunch. There is some good ideas here, but the userbase to support what used to be here (gear reviews, articles, etc.) have left for much greener pastures. There is a possibility of luring them back, but it would take substantial investment in time and $$ to do it right. And seeing as how this site is only kind-of making money at the moment, I don't see it happening.

I don't see how they'd come back, but also, I don't see where the greener pastures are to be honest. MP is worse than rc.com ever was. At least the knob had people worth listening to in an entertaining fashion. I do enjoy reading the Taco threads that get cross posted from time to time, but I've never ventured over there otherwise. Where else is there to go to be honest without staying just local?

What's going to happen is, once / if he ever changes how the site functions there will be a new crop of people to come in to do what used to be done beforehand, except he'll have a stronger hand to actually moderate the culture into what he wants it to be (or hopes).

Gmburns2000

Sep 6, 2014, 2:19 AM
Post #45119 of 45342 (12205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
my knee hurt like a MF.
Only worse than that.
today is better.

glad today is better. i'm sure there'll be plenty of good days and bad days going forward. just keep your head up and plan on next summer being WAY better than this one.

are you on a time table at all?

Partner macherry

Sep 6, 2014, 3:40 PM
Post #45120 of 45342 (12181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

who are you calling riff raff

Partner macherry

Sep 6, 2014, 3:41 PM
Post #45121 of 45342 (12180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
epoch wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

I think the FP is useless.

As the first thing, though, that someone sees when approaching this site. It's abysmal.

are you allowed to say that greenie.

Partner macherry

Sep 6, 2014, 3:43 PM
Post #45122 of 45342 (12179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

me too.

Thanks Marge! We just accepted the counter offer so the deal is done pending financing, but it helps when your wife does mortgages for a living. Did I mention that the place is at 8100' and a leisurely 15 min to Eldora Ski Resort? Not to mention the lifetime of backcountry meadows, peaks, and bowls right outside our door.

http://eldora.com

To join in the above conversation, I've all but given up Facebook and I only check in on RC to spray (otherwise you people are dead to me, except maybe Erin who I need to climb with a dozen or more times to make the rope cutting incident seem all the more unexpected.) the new owner asked me to chat but I declined him again.

hey, not fair, i might do a drop in some day!!!

Gmburns2000

Sep 6, 2014, 11:15 PM
Post #45123 of 45342 (12151 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

who are you calling riff raff

You'd be one, but he'd expect you back.

Gmburns2000

Sep 6, 2014, 11:31 PM
Post #45124 of 45342 (12143 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

I read daily.

me too.

Thanks Marge! We just accepted the counter offer so the deal is done pending financing, but it helps when your wife does mortgages for a living. Did I mention that the place is at 8100' and a leisurely 15 min to Eldora Ski Resort? Not to mention the lifetime of backcountry meadows, peaks, and bowls right outside our door.

http://eldora.com

To join in the above conversation, I've all but given up Facebook and I only check in on RC to spray (otherwise you people are dead to me, except maybe Erin who I need to climb with a dozen or more times to make the rope cutting incident seem all the more unexpected.) the new owner asked me to chat but I declined him again.

hey, not fair, i might do a drop in some day!!!

case in point?

Gmburns2000

Sep 6, 2014, 11:36 PM
Post #45125 of 45342 (12142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no one else around?

First page Previous page 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook