RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

heelhookrc

Oct 13, 2014, 9:48 AM
Post #1 of 4 (7893 views)
Shortcut

Best long term motivational routes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I want to add to my training plan some motivational routes as long term goals, following the advice in the Rock Climber’s Training Manual.

What are some amazing and motivational sport routes throughout the world in the 5.12 and 5.13 grades that would be good to include as long term goals?

Thanks everybody!

(This post was edited by heelhookrc on Oct 13, 2014, 10:17 AM)

lena_chita

Oct 13, 2014, 3:10 PM
Post #2 of 4 (7842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [heelhookrc] Best long term motivational routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

heelhookrc wrote:
I want to add to my training plan some motivational routes as long term goals, following the advice in the Rock Climber’s Training Manual.

What are some amazing and motivational sport routes throughout the world in the 5.12 and 5.13 grades that would be good to include as long term goals?

Thanks everybody!

This is one of those things that you just can't outsource to other people. They should be motivational for YOU. And how are we supposed to know what fires you up?

I can tell you that Heinous Cling and Chain Reaction are both 5-star classic hard 12 routes. But if you don't like climbing at Smith Rock, what good does it do?

Here you go: Mercy the Huff, Orange Juice, Stain, Jesus Wept, Stunning the Hog, Table of Colors, BOHICA. they are all at the Red River Gorge. Are you motivated yet?

No? o.K. then here are some more: Bullet in the new Sky, Gift of Grace, Jesus and Tequila, Pudds Pretty Dress, Apollo Reed, Quinsana Plus, Dial 911. New River Gorge.

If your motivation burning yet? I don't think so...

If you just want a random list of uber-classics in any grade, go to Mountain Project, and search any area you want. You will get a consensus-best routes list.

There are more classics all over the world than you would ever climb.

Part of this long-term inspirational goal-setting is about getting YOU to think about it, whether it is by pouring over guidebooks, or searching Mountain projects for 5-star classics, or making a plan to spend a week each at the 10 of the climbing areas that you have heard of over the next 3 years. But you cannot have people chew for you and spoon-feed you motivation.

jb2100

Oct 14, 2014, 7:59 PM
Post #3 of 4 (7610 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Best long term motivational routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Possibly the best response ever given on this website.

sungam

Oct 14, 2014, 9:44 PM
Post #4 of 4 (7583 views)
Shortcut

Re: [heelhookrc] Best long term motivational routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, flicking through guidebooks (online or paper) and finding your own dream routes is half the fun!

Well, maybe not half. But it's a lot better then the newspaper or the back of your shampoo bottle, if you catch my drift.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook