Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #103501 of 105309 (6137 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #103502 of 105309 (6136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

completely, utterly uncontested

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:36 PM
Post #103503 of 105309 (6135 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
You'll have to bake Nathan and I some bread when we come to Bozeman this December.

We should probably talk a bit about our trip with you too at some point, but it's pretty much the same thing as last year.....but hopefully without the bitter cold.

Yes, we should email or PM. It should be much less drama-laden (on my side) as I no longer have to clear my plans with a moody SO...

dr_feelgood

Oct 11, 2014, 10:52 PM
Post #103504 of 105309 (6131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
So a few months ago, I got The Bread Bible. Hadn't ever baked much bread before, but this book is rather easy to use. Highly recommended.

I've been largely sticking to the more rustic hearth loaf, but last night I made a fucking awesome cracked wheat sandwich loaf

WHITE FLOUR!!!

RAZIST!
Speaking of which, I need a bit more WHITE FLOUR! Almost out...

caughtinside

Oct 13, 2014, 4:12 AM
Post #103505 of 105309 (6075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
uhoh wrote:
Haven't posted here in forever because I thought this thread applied to me specifically.

Does anyone know where I can pick up quality lycra climbing pants?
Try lululemon. unless you are asian.
Clearly you haven't met the dubble asiant.

dr_feelgood

Oct 13, 2014, 5:06 AM
Post #103506 of 105309 (6066 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
uhoh wrote:
Haven't posted here in forever because I thought this thread applied to me specifically.

Does anyone know where I can pick up quality lycra climbing pants?
Try lululemon. unless you are asian.
Clearly you haven't met the dubble asiant.
Creary

Partner cracklover

Oct 13, 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #103507 of 105309 (6055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
fucking off on a completely dead rc.knob

That's cause some of us were out climbing the rocks.

Rumney report: Blackjack crack is really fun, even if it is way short. I'll take the 10+ OS, I guess, but seriously, only reason me or Allison could come up with to justify the grade is that NE climbers are completely clueless on crack. Very slightly overhanging, but with lots of features for feet the whole way up. In Colorado that would be 9+/10-.

GO

lena_chita

Oct 13, 2014, 3:25 PM
Post #103508 of 105309 (6042 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Very-VERY_ VEEERRYYYY_ WEAK-end report.

I touched wet rock. I flailed. I whined. I am weak. And I have confirmed by careful experimentation that even wet rock and muddy tent are better than no rocks at all.

Ed sent Burlier's Bane. I call it his 2nd 11c, but am willing to concede that it is his first 11d. In any case, he climbed strong, and I was super-psyched to be there when he sent. It was a long road to come back after his injury last February, broken ankle, knee surgery, and all, but he is stronger now than he was at the same time last year, and that is awesome.

Got to see camhead for the first time in a long while. He still looks like camhead, only with longer hair. He also doesn't climb at the Red anymore. and he can do his own weak-end report.

I had way too much bourbon, and not enough sleep, and I am sore all over. But I can still climb 5.10 one-legged. Frown

snoopy138

Oct 13, 2014, 4:38 PM
Post #103509 of 105309 (6034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
I'm stuck doing schoolwork this weekend, and since all of my shit is up in the office, I'm up here alone.

There are a lot of flies, who are rather slow and stupid.

I've gotten quite good at killing them with a pencil.

I am a fly-murdering ninja.

Can you apply those skills to this thread?

dr_feelgood

Oct 13, 2014, 5:15 PM
Post #103510 of 105309 (6026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I'm stuck doing schoolwork this weekend, and since all of my shit is up in the office, I'm up here alone.

There are a lot of flies, who are rather slow and stupid.

I've gotten quite good at killing them with a pencil.

I am a fly-murdering ninja.

Can you apply those skills to this thread?

buy me some plane tickets and a package of #2 Ticonderoga pencils, and we'll see

dr_feelgood

Oct 13, 2014, 5:18 PM
Post #103511 of 105309 (6025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Rumney report: Blackjack crack is really fun, even if it is way short. I'll take the 10+ OS, I guess, but seriously, only reason me or Allison could come up with to justify the grade is that NE climbers are completely clueless on crack. Very slightly overhanging, but with lots of features for feet the whole way up. In Colorado that would be 9+/10-.

GO

Wow. Way to spray down a 20 foot boulder problem. Everything from region-based downgrading to move-specific beta, to subtle look-at-me-i'm-rad spray. In four short sentences, nonetheless!
Wanker.

caughtinside

Oct 13, 2014, 5:57 PM
Post #103512 of 105309 (6021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wow. Way to spray down a 20 foot boulder problem. Everything from region-based downgrading to move-specific beta, to subtle look-at-me-i'm-rad spray. In four short sentences, nonetheless!
Wanker.

Its still 5.8 at DA GUNKS.

Partner cracklover

Oct 13, 2014, 9:32 PM
Post #103513 of 105309 (6007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

Ha! Way to get butthurt cause you were stuck at home and I was out climbing!

For the rest - pretty weke flamage. How can I possibly be spraying on sending a short moderate crack?

The only thing in there that hits the mark is that yes, I'm downgrading. I happen to find it interesting to compare the differences between regions. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackjack Crack would be considered way soft at V2 or 10d pretty much anywhere out west. But I use Colorado as a yardstick because I'm most familiar with the grading there.

In other ways, on other routes, Rumney is probably a bit sandbagged compared to some sport venues. Allison certainly found a lot of the routes to feel harder than what she remembered for the grade in CO. It's those powerful bouldery cruxes. I think some Rumney routes would definitely get higher grades in CO.

GO

Partner camhead

Oct 13, 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #103514 of 105309 (6001 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I touched wet rock. I flailed. I whined. I am weak. And I have confirmed by careful experimentation that even wet rock and muddy tent are better than no rocks at all.

Ed sent Burlier's Bane. I call it his 2nd 11c, but am willing to concede that it is his first 11d. In any case, he climbed strong, and I was super-psyched to be there when he sent. It was a long road to come back after his injury last February, broken ankle, knee surgery, and all, but he is stronger now than he was at the same time last year, and that is awesome.

Got to see camhead for the first time in a long while. He still looks like camhead, only with longer hair. He also doesn't climb at the Red anymore. and he can do his own weak-end report.

I had way too much bourbon, and not enough sleep, and I am sore all over. But I can still climb 5.10 one-legged. Frown

Yeah, that was an awesome weekend! Was pretty psyched that the lode was still relatively uncrowded. Still, if those numbers had been at the cirque it would have been unacceptable.

More important, it was rad to see you guys again. You need to come my way more often :). Though, what was that shit about making me reclimb that 11d just so you could tr it, and then bail at the first bolt? If you hadn't been a damn cripple I would have been really butthurt.

Partner epoch

Oct 13, 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #103515 of 105309 (5988 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO
it's .9 unless it's wet. Then it's maybe .10a. So many features.

Partner epoch

Oct 13, 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #103516 of 105309 (5987 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

For the rest - pretty weke flamage. How can I possibly be spraying on sending a short moderate crack?

The only thing in there that hits the mark is that yes, I'm downgrading. I happen to find it interesting to compare the differences between regions. I wouldn't be surprised if Blackjack Crack would be considered way soft at V2 or 10d pretty much anywhere out west. But I use Colorado as a yardstick because I'm most familiar with the grading there.

In other ways, on other routes, Rumney is probably a bit sandbagged compared to some sport venues. Allison certainly found a lot of the routes to feel harder than what she remembered for the grade in CO. It's those powerful bouldery cruxes. I think some Rumney routes would definitely get higher grades in CO.

GO
Where's the carny? Haven't seen him in a while.

I miss Rumney. It's so Schisty.

Partner epoch

Oct 13, 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #103517 of 105309 (5986 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

...getting back into it again.

I am the sux.

dr_feelgood

Oct 14, 2014, 12:58 AM
Post #103518 of 105309 (5977 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

GO

Looks like I struck a nerve, you getting all defensive and such.
Wanker.

Partner cracklover

Oct 14, 2014, 1:54 AM
Post #103519 of 105309 (5969 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

GO
Where's the carny? Haven't seen him in a while.

I miss Rumney. It's so Schisty.

That it is.

Carny hands - I dunno if he still climbs? All his facespace stuff is always about bees.

GO

Partner cracklover

Oct 14, 2014, 1:57 AM
Post #103520 of 105309 (5968 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

GO

Looks like I struck a nerve, you getting all defensive and such.
Wanker.

Yawn...

I hope your pencil is working better on the real flies.

GO

tripperjm

Oct 14, 2014, 2:33 AM
Post #103521 of 105309 (5962 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Sighs.... Gawd eye hate teh feds.

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

Still planning on early January. Hope it's still open by then.

Well....

As it turns owt,

thanks in large part to the San Bernadino. County Supervisors, Mt Baldy and the private cabins below were 'saved' from the NPS and excluded from the monument boundries.

So in theory, everything is as it is.... Sadly this probibly means car breakins and grafitii. But I'll take that over the NPS.

So bring yore A game.

caughtinside

Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 AM
Post #103522 of 105309 (5951 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

Well....

As it turns owt,

thanks in large part to the San Bernadino. County Supervisors, Mt Baldy and the private cabins below were 'saved' from the NPS and excluded from the monument boundries.

So in theory, everything is as it is.... Sadly this probibly means car breakins and grafitii. But I'll take that over the NPS.

So bring yore A game.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it down for a long weekend or something. Be fun to hang out and do the boner routes.

Headed out soon for a place like Malibu, only bigger.

dr_feelgood

Oct 14, 2014, 1:47 PM
Post #103523 of 105309 (5936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

Well....

As it turns owt,

So bring yore A game.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it down for a long weekend or something. Be fun to hang out and do the boner routes.

Headed out soon for a place like Malibu, only bigger.
The Malibu of the Mediterranean!

lena_chita

Oct 14, 2014, 3:48 PM
Post #103524 of 105309 (5928 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

GO

Wanker.

GO

oh, you can spray about a short moderate boulder problem, too. I'll teach you how... Someday. or better yet, you'll meet that master-sprayer who lives at the campground at the New.

But I can't flame anyone right now, all my flammage has been doused by rain.

lena_chita

Oct 14, 2014, 3:53 PM
Post #103525 of 105309 (5927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Yeah, that was an awesome weekend! Was pretty psyched that the lode was still relatively uncrowded. Still, if those numbers had been at the cirque it would have been unacceptable.

More important, it was rad to see you guys again. You need to come my way more often :). Though, what was that shit about making me reclimb that 11d just so you could tr it, and then bail at the first bolt? If you hadn't been a damn cripple I would have been really butthurt.

Waaaa-waaa-waaah! You wanted mileage, didn't you? Since when are 5 pitches considered mileage? You should be thanking me for making you climb that. I know it would have been cooler to say that you had done two laps on Tuna Town (bottom) instead, but we all know that the bottom of Tuna Town only counts as 11, and Stella is probably stiffer than Tuna start.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook