Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Oct 14, 2014, 4:02 PM
Post #103526 of 105309 (5768 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Sighs.... Gawd eye hate teh feds.

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

Still planning on early January. Hope it's still open by then.

Well....

As it turns owt,

thanks in large part to the San Bernadino. County Supervisors, Mt Baldy and the private cabins below were 'saved' from the NPS and excluded from the monument boundries.

So in theory, everything is as it is.... Sadly this probibly means car breakins and grafitii. But I'll take that over the NPS.

So bring yore A game.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it down for a long weekend or something. Be fun to hang out and do the boner routes.

Headed out soon for a place like Malibu, only bigger.

hopefully it's just as packed with n00bs doing stupid shit.

snoopy138

Oct 14, 2014, 4:04 PM
Post #103527 of 105309 (5765 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Very-VERY_ VEEERRYYYY_ WEAK-end report.

I touched wet rock. I flailed. I whined. I am weak. And I have confirmed by careful experimentation that even wet rock and muddy tent are better than no rocks at all.

Ed sent Burlier's Bane. I call it his 2nd 11c, but am willing to concede that it is his first 11d. In any case, he climbed strong, and I was super-psyched to be there when he sent. It was a long road to come back after his injury last February, broken ankle, knee surgery, and all, but he is stronger now than he was at the same time last year, and that is awesome.

Got to see camhead for the first time in a long while. He still looks like camhead, only with longer hair. He also doesn't climb at the Red anymore. and he can do his own weak-end report.

I had way too much bourbon, and not enough sleep, and I am sore all over. But I can still climb 5.10 one-legged. Frown

Yeah, that was an awesome weekend! Was pretty psyched that the lode was still relatively uncrowded. Still, if those numbers had been at the cirque it would have been unacceptable.

More important, it was rad to see you guys again. You need to come my way more often :). Though, what was that shit about making me reclimb that 11d just so you could tr it, and then bail at the first bolt? If you hadn't been a damn cripple I would have been really butthurt.

yore chalk article includes the language "more slicker". are you sure you are qualified to be writing?

lena_chita

Oct 14, 2014, 4:20 PM
Post #103528 of 105309 (5758 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I touched wet rock. I flailed. I whined. I am weak. And I have confirmed by careful experimentation that even wet rock and muddy tent are better than no rocks at all.

Ed sent Burlier's Bane. I call it his 2nd 11c, but am willing to concede that it is his first 11d. In any case, he climbed strong, and I was super-psyched to be there when he sent. It was a long road to come back after his injury last February, broken ankle, knee surgery, and all, but he is stronger now than he was at the same time last year, and that is awesome.

Got to see camhead for the first time in a long while. He still looks like camhead, only with longer hair. He also doesn't climb at the Red anymore. and he can do his own weak-end report.

I had way too much bourbon, and not enough sleep, and I am sore all over. But I can still climb 5.10 one-legged. Frown

Yeah, that was an awesome weekend! Was pretty psyched that the lode was still relatively uncrowded. Still, if those numbers had been at the cirque it would have been unacceptable.

More important, it was rad to see you guys again. You need to come my way more often :). Though, what was that shit about making me reclimb that 11d just so you could tr it, and then bail at the first bolt? If you hadn't been a damn cripple I would have been really butthurt.

yore chalk article includes the language "more slicker". are you sure you are qualified to be writing?

I am willing to forget about "more slicker" because there is a mention of a "friend who climbs in 5.12 range in the humid Red River Gorge sans chalk"

Tongue

granite_grrl

Oct 14, 2014, 5:25 PM
Post #103529 of 105309 (5751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
You'll have to bake Nathan and I some bread when we come to Bozeman this December.

We should probably talk a bit about our trip with you too at some point, but it's pretty much the same thing as last year.....but hopefully without the bitter cold.

Yes, we should email or PM. It should be much less drama-laden (on my side) as I no longer have to clear my plans with a moody SO...
Yes, though we saw little to no drama from our point of view with the previous SO.

granite_grrl

Oct 14, 2014, 5:37 PM
Post #103530 of 105309 (5744 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So it's pouring here. Sounds like a wheel bearing was goin in the car so that's in together garage. So rest day and hanging out at Del and Marty's place.

dr_feelgood

Oct 15, 2014, 4:14 AM
Post #103531 of 105309 (5715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
You'll have to bake Nathan and I some bread when we come to Bozeman this December.

We should probably talk a bit about our trip with you too at some point, but it's pretty much the same thing as last year.....but hopefully without the bitter cold.

Yes, we should email or PM. It should be much less drama-laden (on my side) as I no longer have to clear my plans with a moody SO...
Yes, though we saw little to no drama from our point of view with the previous SO.
you also saw little-to-none of the SO. Part of the dramz...

Partner camhead

Oct 15, 2014, 2:40 PM
Post #103532 of 105309 (5693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Phud revoked!!!

Partner epoch

Oct 16, 2014, 2:41 AM
Post #103533 of 105309 (5654 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
Well, looks like teh Pres is going to declare the San Gabriel National Forest a National Monument, to protect the forest. He is going to put a bunch of money into additional rangers and LEO's, some into trails, cleaning up the forest and public awareness programs.

......course protecting the forest sounds good, cept it's more like a federal land grab. And the way he is doing it, executive order, means there will be no public or congressional debate....

Sighs.... Gawd eye hate teh feds.

Knot to mention I have several hundred root within the gnu Monument boundries that will be at risk.....

Sure, it's going to take some time before the can find them all, but the Way Gnu Sic Gnar..... It's in plain site.

Better get in there clamhed and send before they shut teh best steep crag in sokat down.

Still planning on early January. Hope it's still open by then.

Well....

As it turns owt,

thanks in large part to the San Bernadino. County Supervisors, Mt Baldy and the private cabins below were 'saved' from the NPS and excluded from the monument boundries.

So in theory, everything is as it is.... Sadly this probibly means car breakins and grafitii. But I'll take that over the NPS.

So bring yore A game.
Williamson is within the new boundaries? No?

And I assume that the approach road with become more popular, at least for the first few years, with rubberneckers coming up. You may get more LEO presence for a bit too.

Partner cracklover

Oct 16, 2014, 1:02 PM
Post #103534 of 105309 (5613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Sunday at the New, rest of the week at the Red! If any of you jerks wanna see my rope cut, Lena and Paul are the ones to pay off. Bidding starts at $100!

On a serious-cat note - Lena, how's the knee doing? Any chance you'll be able to make it out at all?

Anybody else? You can save yourself money if just you come cut my rope yerself.

GO

lena_chita

Oct 16, 2014, 2:49 PM
Post #103535 of 105309 (5599 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Sunday at the New, rest of the week at the Red! If any of you jerks wanna see my rope cut, Lena and Paul are the ones to pay off. Bidding starts at $100!

On a serious-cat note - Lena, how's the knee doing? Any chance you'll be able to make it out at all?

GO

Check your E-mail! And FYI, Ed is totally willing to participate in rope-cutting.

lena_chita

Oct 16, 2014, 3:31 PM
Post #103536 of 105309 (5592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A quote from knee surgeon yesterday:

"The thought of you walking on muddy trails make my palms sweat a little. Just don't tell me about it, o.K.? Let's pretend you just asked me if it was O.K. for you to go to the mall, and I said yes."

lena_chita

Oct 16, 2014, 6:15 PM
Post #103537 of 105309 (5577 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Have you guys ever had a myofascial massage?

I've never heard of it before, but I felt like I needed a massage, because being on crutches for two months definitely made me feel it in the shoulders, and my massage therapist is not in town anymore, so when I saw a coupon on Living Social, I was like, well, I have no idea what this myofascial massage is, but I'll get a massage, even if it is meh, it is still better than no massage.

It was interesting. It isn't really a massage in conventional sense, more like trigger point pressure. Before anything happened, the therapist had me just stand there while he looked at alignment.

The cool thing was, he guessed that i was left-handed, just by looking! Apparently the muscles in the dominant arm are tighter and they pull the hand out a bit, if you just stand with your arms hanging loose at your sides. He also guessed correctly that I carry shoulder bags on the left side. He asked me if I ever had any elbow issues on the right-- yup! the torn muscle/tendonitis thing that doesn't bother me anymore... but i guess it is still there on some level. AND he asked me about my left knee-- I was fully clothed, so it wasn't like he saw the scar, or anything.

The rest was very anticlimactic. I lay there and he pressed or pulled on different points. Several of them I felt really weird, like there were ants crawling away from the pressure point, or like I were getting static zaps on the skin. Most of them was just pressure. Not bad or anything, but when it was done I didn't feel any different and left thinking that it was all well and good, but I wish I'd rather had a regular massage.

And then I changed my mind. Several hours later I was sore like I had a REALLY firm deep-tissue massage. I was thirsty for no reason i could point out, and drank something like 6 cups of water in a span of few hours, and I swear, pee smelled different.

And the next morning those sore shoulders were no more. And my kneecap doesn't catch in a squat anymore. Hmmm...

snoopy138

Oct 16, 2014, 9:08 PM
Post #103538 of 105309 (5557 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Have you guys ever had a myofascial massage?

I've never heard of it before, but I felt like I needed a massage, because being on crutches for two months definitely made me feel it in the shoulders, and my massage therapist is not in town anymore, so when I saw a coupon on Living Social, I was like, well, I have no idea what this myofascial massage is, but I'll get a massage, even if it is meh, it is still better than no massage.

It was interesting. It isn't really a massage in conventional sense, more like trigger point pressure. Before anything happened, the therapist had me just stand there while he looked at alignment.

The cool thing was, he guessed that i was left-handed, just by looking! Apparently the muscles in the dominant arm are tighter and they pull the hand out a bit, if you just stand with your arms hanging loose at your sides. He also guessed correctly that I carry shoulder bags on the left side. He asked me if I ever had any elbow issues on the right-- yup! the torn muscle/tendonitis thing that doesn't bother me anymore... but i guess it is still there on some level. AND he asked me about my left knee-- I was fully clothed, so it wasn't like he saw the scar, or anything.

maybe he used some stocking tools beforehand?

dr_feelgood

Oct 17, 2014, 4:37 AM
Post #103539 of 105309 (5529 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You are not worthy of a rope-cutting.
Wanker.

lena_chita

Oct 17, 2014, 2:23 PM
Post #103540 of 105309 (5503 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Wanker.

Doc is jealouz that he isn't going to the Red. He wuntz to climb, but he doesn't even have a rope for cutzing anymore. It was accidently baked in the oven with his white bread.

lena_chita

Oct 17, 2014, 3:55 PM
Post #103541 of 105309 (5488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, Ed is heading to the Red. For a week. And I am not. Sniffle-sniffle. O.K., more than sniffle, it's closer to Waahhhh!

Boulder league is starting next week, and I am not setting for it, for the first time in many years. (owner doesn't want my freshly-mended knee on his consciousness...) I am still setting TRs, but boulder league setting is actually fun. Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

snoopy138

Oct 17, 2014, 4:57 PM
Post #103542 of 105309 (5481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Wanker.

If somebody happens to be there already, a quick knife strike while he's hanging wouldn't be the worst idea.

caughtinside

Oct 20, 2014, 2:13 PM
Post #103543 of 105309 (5416 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good times here in Big Malibu. Hot first couple days but the breeze picked up yesterday and we got ideal conditions. Tons of tufa and blob routes, really amazing stone. Best limestone I have climbed.

Town is pretty fun, swimming kicks ass, and prices are reasonable. Resting today then back at it mañana.

lena_chita

Oct 20, 2014, 3:17 PM
Post #103544 of 105309 (5408 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Wanker.

If somebody happens to be there already, a quick knife strike while he's hanging wouldn't be the worst idea.

I should bring a knife with me, in case he survives till saturday.

lena_chita

Oct 20, 2014, 3:25 PM
Post #103545 of 105309 (5406 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The weekend went by too quickly.

Went apple-picking with kids, built another strawberry bed, transplanted strawberries, harvested a bunch of things from the garden, baked bread, played games, worked on my quilt, did stupid PT, set two routes at the gym.

Getting-back-into-it is hard. For some reason it was much easier after time off with elbow, and pulley injury. You'd think those would be just as bad, but the knee takes the cake, so far.

carabiner96

Oct 20, 2014, 3:52 PM
Post #103546 of 105309 (5401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Week end - awesome sauce. Climbed hard. Made some new friends that will keep pushing me. Found that singing Disney songs while climbing decreases pain from sharp limestone crimps.

Someone put a bug in my ear about doing a big wall in Yos. I always said I had no interest, but now I'm kinda thinking about it.

lena_chita

Oct 20, 2014, 5:17 PM
Post #103547 of 105309 (5395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Week end - awesome sauce. Climbed hard. Made some new friends that will keep pushing me. Found that singing Disney songs while climbing decreases pain from sharp limestone crimps.

Someone put a bug in my ear about doing a big wall in Yos. I always said I had no interest, but now I'm kinda thinking about it.

That would be cool!

I have thought about it, but in the "it would be nice" sort of way, not the "I am taking actual steps to make it happen" sort of way.

btw, what came out of your supposed temptation to visit Garganta del Río Rojo?

Partner camhead

Oct 20, 2014, 8:49 PM
Post #103548 of 105309 (5386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weakend report:

Put some work into the megaprodge, got it down to two very essential hangs. Climbed with Cracklover and his nerdy scientist wife; they crushed Endless Wall, great times fo sho.

lena_chita

Oct 21, 2014, 2:10 PM
Post #103549 of 105309 (5367 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Weakend report:

Put some work into the megaprodge, got it down to two very essential hangs. Climbed with Cracklover and his nerdy scientist wife; they crushed Endless Wall, great times fo sho.

And you clearly forgot your knife, because they made it to the Red, and are heading to Choco factory.

granite_grrl

Oct 22, 2014, 1:26 PM
Post #103550 of 105309 (5340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My hands have built a lovely callus from spending a week down at the Obed. These calluses will now start peeling in the next few days leaving my hands a mess.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook