Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #45176 of 45342 (13501 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

On the bus to Bawston; can't wait to get home to ColoRADo. The wife signed the papers last Friday so I now have a home of my own to return to. Karol & Meg moved kitchen stuff and cleaned over the weekend so I'm thinking I can run up a trailer full of big furniture and be ready to move in by midweek.

Unless we decide to wait a few days so we can finish watching the last season of Breaking Bad on demand. I left right after Gus got blowed up.

What is it with parents? My mom is the only person in the world who thinks its normal to offer me a devil dog for dessert.

Devil dogs are not standard fare in Boulder, too much gluten I'm sure.

Damned if I didn't have one, you know, just to make her happy.

Please continue with whatever it is we do here. Namaste, n' shit.

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #45177 of 45342 (13498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
fighting the water in the basement. the line going the sprinklers sprung a leak, found its way down to the window well. got the carpet in my sons room wet. Last month it was the rain.
basements...
Mad

That sucks. Never heard of a sprinkler system flooding a basement before. Are these just flukes? In my experience, flooding basements are never easy to fix.

glad the PT is going well. You're approaching winter, so next year I expect to see some climbing pics. You now have your goals and deadline. Go forth and achieve!
Pt goes well, mostly. I have progressed to treadmill with min support. However, using my fingers for balance has strained the r index.

Your PT doesn't seem to have helped with your ability to PTFTW. The old Don would never have left this hanging.
Heh.

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 11:30 AM
Post #45178 of 45342 (13489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy carp, we just crossed into Mass and I'm 99.9% sure the bus driver is a cousin that I haven't seen in 15-20 years. Should I say something?

And more importantly, do I have to tip him?

Quandaries, quandaries.

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #45179 of 45342 (13482 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
donald949 wrote:
fighting the water in the basement. the line going the sprinklers sprung a leak, found its way down to the window well. got the carpet in my sons room wet. Last month it was the rain.
basements...
Mad
Basements and western states don't go well together.

not even sure they go well in the east without proper drainage around the house. However, I bet the central plains like them pretty well - especially when it gets a bit windy.
The basement is finished, so the window wells are quite large. And they have French drains in the bottom. However, the grading around the window wells is pretty bad. slopes toward the house, not away. so we have some work to do to fix that. Looks like the line that tees off the main to go to the sprinkler systems is the guilty party. shut off the isolation valve and the ground started drying right up. It was pretty badly flooded around the house in that area, as the grading was wrong.
This part of Idaho is supposed to be desert.

Yeah, that's always a problem, not to mention whatever materials surround the house to aid in water absorption. My grandmother had to dig around the house and layer the pit with gravel and dirt to help keep an underground river from sneaking into her basement. it's worked relatively well so far, but it was expensive.

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #45180 of 45342 (13480 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Holy carp, we just crossed into Mass and I'm 99.9% sure the bus driver is a cousin that I haven't seen in 15-20 years. Should I say something?

Quandaries, quandaries.

You can tip him by offering a shortcut to the bus station. Otherwise, you might owe him money, so beware.

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #45181 of 45342 (13477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
basements...
Mad

That sucks. Never heard of a sprinkler system flooding a basement before. Are these just flukes? In my experience, flooding basements are never easy to fix.

glad the PT is going well. You're approaching winter, so next year I expect to see some climbing pics. You now have your goals and deadline. Go forth and achieve!
Pt goes well, mostly. I have progressed to treadmill with min support. However, using my fingers for balance has strained the r index.
would be good to be climbing by the end of this year, or by mid feb. the one year mark of accident.

It hasn't been a year? Damn, feels as if it's been much longer than that. Well hell, that'd be cool to be able to climb on the one-year anniversary. I hope you get it. Sending lots of good PT energy your way.

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 2:01 PM
Post #45182 of 45342 (13468 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

You can tip him by offering a shortcut to the bus station. Otherwise, you might owe him money, so beware.

Yes, he was my cousin, yes I said something, and yes, I stiffed him.

He made the mistake of chatting it up with a blue hair in the front seat and mentioned retiring to a golf course in S Carolina. There is no way I can condone or contribute to that sort of behavior.

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 2:04 PM
Post #45183 of 45342 (13466 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
basements...
Mad

would be good to be climbing by the end of this year, or by mid feb. the one year mark of accident.

It hasn't been a year? Damn, feels as if it's been much longer than that. Well hell, that'd be cool to be able to climb on the one-year anniversary. I hope you get it. Sending lots of good PT energy your way.

PT, schmee tee. In fifty years you'll feel the same either way, so I recommend self medicating as your heart dictates. Works for me.

Partner macherry

Oct 20, 2014, 2:39 PM
Post #45184 of 45342 (13461 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

He made the mistake of chatting it up with a blue hair in the front seat and mentioned retiring to a golf course in S Carolina. There is no way I can condone or contribute to that sort of behavior.

don't be hatin'. anyhoo, back in canada to drop off the cats for cat sitting. sad, but i don't have any close friends i can dump 2 cats on for 3 weeks. off to bali on friday for 3 weeks suckas.

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 5:02 PM
Post #45185 of 45342 (13459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

ya, can't condone that either. As a Scotsman a few generations removed, I am ashamed of what North America has done to the game of golf. It's one of the reasons I wanted out of the corporate world - no more looking the other way when the boss asks for a gimme. The game is MUCH better across the pond, and the attitude and the way it is treated is significantly different from stateside.

Besides, who relocates to South Carolina? Seriously?

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 5:03 PM
Post #45186 of 45342 (13458 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

don't be hatin'. anyhoo, back in canada to drop off the cats for cat sitting. sad, but i don't have any close friends i can dump 2 cats on for 3 weeks. off to bali on friday for 3 weeks suckas.

Woooo!! three countries in a week.

so wait, Bali eh? why? where? been before? dream come true? picked a city out of a hat? pics forthcoming (not of canada...nor of the cats)?

Gmburns2000

Oct 20, 2014, 5:08 PM
Post #45187 of 45342 (13454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, been hating a teaching job that I've had for the past year. Lots of unpaid work and too much drama for my tastes. The universe finally listened and I got two big translation jobs that have been hanging out there for the past year. The projects finally got approved for funding. Now the work begins.

I'm thanking life right now. I'll finish this semester and be done with the school (I hope). Less work out of home and more at home = a happier me and more time in the studio. woooo!!!

erisspirit

Oct 20, 2014, 5:43 PM
Post #45188 of 45342 (13450 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
On the bus to Bawston; can't wait to get home to ColoRADo. The wife signed the papers last Friday so I now have a home of my own to return to. Karol & Meg moved kitchen stuff and cleaned over the weekend so I'm thinking I can run up a trailer full of big furniture and be ready to move in by midweek.

Unless we decide to wait a few days so we can finish watching the last season of Breaking Bad on demand. I left right after Gus got blowed up.

What is it with parents? My mom is the only person in the world who thinks its normal to offer me a devil dog for dessert.

wooo new house!

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 9:33 PM
Post #45189 of 45342 (13439 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

Just playin', not hatin', Marge. Have a great, safe trip!

edge

Oct 20, 2014, 9:36 PM
Post #45190 of 45342 (13434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:

wooo new house!

Woo, that's me!
Now I can legitimately look down on the Boulder climbing scene: from 8100'.

Partner macherry

Oct 20, 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #45191 of 45342 (13423 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

so wait, Bali eh? why? where? been before? dream come true? picked a city out of a hat? pics forthcoming (not of canada...nor of the cats)?

hitting up ubud, kurta and another smaller island near the komodo dragon reserve. travelling with some aussie friends who have been their before. It was their suggestion to meet there. we've been planning this for about two years. super stoked

Partner macherry

Oct 20, 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #45192 of 45342 (13422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

Just playin', not hatin', Marge. Have a great, safe trip!

Actually, they're not blue hairs, the proper term is q-tip, unless they actually had blue hair.

don't be playin any golf!

Gmburns2000

Oct 21, 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #45193 of 45342 (13396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

hitting up ubud, kurta and another smaller island near the komodo dragon reserve. travelling with some aussie friends who have been their before. It was their suggestion to meet there. we've been planning this for about two years. super stoked

Yeah, so, FYI komodos can swim and, uh, they like to eat people. be safe and ALWAYS keep one eye on the lip of the beach when trying to take a nap on the sand.

ALWAYS

Gmburns2000

Oct 21, 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #45194 of 45342 (13395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

and oh yeah, have fun.

sungam

Oct 23, 2014, 2:31 PM
Post #45195 of 45342 (13373 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Quandaries, quandaries.

That trips sounds truck as shit, Ma. Have a blast and take pictures!

Gmburns2000

Oct 25, 2014, 9:37 PM
Post #45196 of 45342 (13331 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I get a fucking weekend! wooo!

actually, today did quite a bit of work for the art website that I do social media stuff for. I don't really call it work, however, since I get to read a lot about the art world. It helps me to create my own content on my site, too, so that's good. Working on an interview right now that i'll post up in a few months.

but still, no work for that damn school I'm working for this weekend. tomorrow is election day in brasil (president) and I'm heading over to a buddy's house to watch the Pats. he's making chili today. i need to bring the dippin' chips. voting is mandatory in brasil, so the city will be pretty quiet all day long until about 8pm when the results will be announced. then there will be fireworks all over the city celebrating the winning candidate. should be a fun time unless the Lady's candidate loses - in which case she'll be in need of consoling. This election is apparently pretty personal and could be too close to call depending on the poll.

tonight? spend time with the Lady if she's not busy doing stuff. otherwise, consoling the pup (first time in heat - she'll get fixed in a month) and she's feeling kind of down...HAPPY...tired...sad...needy...WANTS TO PLAY RIGHT NOW...wants to sit in someone's lap...HAPPY...sad.

Life is good.

donald949

Oct 31, 2014, 2:51 AM
Post #45197 of 45342 (13241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
basements...
Mad

Your PT doesn't seem to have helped with your ability to PTFTW. The old Don would never have left this hanging.
Heh.
Yea I jess noted dat.
Very sad.

donald949

Oct 31, 2014, 2:55 AM
Post #45198 of 45342 (13238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
donald949 wrote:
basements...
Mad
Basements and western states don't go well together.

not even sure they go well in the east without proper drainage around the house. However, I bet the central plains like them pretty well - especially when it gets a bit windy.
The basement is finished, so the window wells are quite large. And they have French drains in the bottom. However, the grading around the window wells is pretty bad. slopes toward the house, not away. so we have some work to do to fix that. Looks like the line that tees off the main to go to the sprinkler systems is the guilty party. shut off the isolation valve and the ground started drying right up. It was pretty badly flooded around the house in that area, as the grading was wrong.
This part of Idaho is supposed to be desert.

Yeah, that's always a problem, not to mention whatever materials surround the house to aid in water absorption. My grandmother had to dig around the house and layer the pit with gravel and dirt to help keep an underground river from sneaking into her basement. it's worked relatively well so far, but it was expensive.
Apparently, the iso valve for the sprinklers was not deep enough. So the handy dude replaced it and put it deeper. Awl iz gud four noa.

donald949

Oct 31, 2014, 3:00 AM
Post #45199 of 45342 (13231 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
basements...
Mad

PT, schmee tee. In fifty years you'll feel the same either way, so I recommend self medicating as your heart dictates. Works for me.
50 years is knot that far out. Dis coming year.
Self medicating rules. This past week has been a high Advil week. Las nite wuz a 3 Advil knight and this morn a 2 Tylenol am. Unsure

donald949

Oct 31, 2014, 3:01 AM
Post #45200 of 45342 (13228 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dat leaves jess one thing left two due...

First page Previous page 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook