RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

nnacey

Mar 7, 2015, 4:37 PM
Post #1 of 4 (6882 views)
Shortcut

Home climbing wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am building a wall at home and have the framing all done. I am ready to drill out the holes in the plywood. I will not have access to the back of the wall so I am putting the T nuts all in first before putting up the plywood. My question is : will it hurt if some of the T nuts sit overtop of the studs? I understand any T-nuts over the studs will not be usable for holds but I am just wondering if it would cause any problems.

(This post was edited by nnacey on Mar 8, 2015, 1:30 PM)

bigjonnyc

Mar 9, 2015, 3:52 PM
Post #2 of 4 (6695 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nnacey] Home climbing wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Other than the nuisance of have t-nuts you can't use, there aren't really any structural concerns. I would advise you to use screw in t-nuts instead of hammer in since you won't be able to access them it on pops out behind the wall.

kennoyce

Mar 9, 2015, 3:57 PM
Post #3 of 4 (6692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nnacey wrote:
I am building a wall at home and have the framing all done. I am ready to drill out the holes in the plywood. I will not have access to the back of the wall so I am putting the T nuts all in first before putting up the plywood. My question is : will it hurt if some of the T nuts sit overtop of the studs? I understand any T-nuts over the studs will not be usable for holds but I am just wondering if it would cause any problems.

why don't you just mark on the plywood where the supports will be so that you don't put any t-nuts in the area of the framing. That's what I've always done, having an unusable t-nut will just be annoying.

nnacey

Mar 13, 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #4 of 4 (6449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the info. The wall itself is taking up about 22 sheets of ply. In order to get all 1,000+ T-nuts in I had to enlist a lot of help from friends and I wanted to keep it simple for all of them. Some of the plywood is up and the grid pattern of 8 inches seems to miss most of the studs. The back side of some T nuts is over the studs but it itsn't causing any structural weakness that I can see. Thanks again.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook