Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 Next page Last page  View All

climbingtrash

Oct 3, 2015, 3:18 PM
Post #105226 of 105309 (6991 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

woO?!?

climbingtrash

Oct 3, 2015, 3:18 PM
Post #105227 of 105309 (6991 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Angelic

climbingtrash

Oct 3, 2015, 3:21 PM
Post #105228 of 105309 (6989 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

4188...skimmed

climbingtrash

Oct 3, 2015, 10:59 PM
Post #105229 of 105309 (6974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

4189...skimmed!

Partner macherry

Oct 5, 2015, 2:14 AM
Post #105230 of 105309 (6957 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
macherry wrote:
when did camhead become a mod? or am i late to the party and never noticed this!!

i see no green!!!

I am knot a mod, but was made an admin back when I was writing articles here.

admin...strong werk!!

lena_chita

Oct 5, 2015, 2:38 PM
Post #105231 of 105309 (6936 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
My yoga teacher is away for a few weeks so I did a Rodney Yee yoga video last night. It was okay.

Been honing mah canyon-yoga skillz awl summer.

O.K., this one needs a better capshonz. But it haz potential.

Partner cracklover

Oct 5, 2015, 2:42 PM
Post #105232 of 105309 (6935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
cracklover wrote:
It's 49 in my apartment, and likely to get colder before it gets warmer. The furnace repair guy was here for the fourth time today. Each time he was sure he fixed it (this time included). Still not working. It has been over a week.

GO

jez-ust! yore still here?!?

Yerp. More often than you, in fact.

GO

Partner cracklover

Oct 5, 2015, 2:59 PM
Post #105233 of 105309 (6933 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news... my uber-sandbagged gym training seems to be paying off. Ramping up for a weekend at the Gunks and then a week at the New and the Red.

Was planning on using this last weekend to throw myself at a bunch of hard shit at Rumney. (Don't get excited, carny-hands was not there - does he even climb any more?) Had no projects, so everything was new to me (well, some stuff I had flailed on once a decade ago.) Thinking of it as more training for real climbing, I expected to do a lot of flailing. I failed to flail, and sent almost everything I tried, first go. Including one route which is supposedly at the same level as the hardest grade I've ever sent, period.

This means two things, 1 - I got really lucky, and 2 - I have to get on harder shit.

That is awl.

GO

lena_chita

Oct 5, 2015, 6:02 PM
Post #105234 of 105309 (6922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
In other news... my uber-sandbagged gym training seems to be paying off. Ramping up for a weekend at the Gunks and then a week at the New and the Red.

Was planning on using this last weekend to throw myself at a bunch of hard shit at Rumney. (Don't get excited, carny-hands was not there - does he even climb any more?) Had no projects, so everything was new to me (well, some stuff I had flailed on once a decade ago.) Thinking of it as more training for real climbing, I expected to do a lot of flailing. I failed to flail, and sent almost everything I tried, first go. Including one route which is supposedly at the same level as the hardest grade I've ever sent, period.

This means two things, 1 - I got really lucky, and 2 - I have to get on harder shit.

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

I spent the weekend mostly not-climbing (aside from a day trip to Columbus gym on Sunday).

Went dancing Friday night with Ed (one of the more-horrible live "swing" bands that I ever had a pleasure dancing to... they played a lot of rock-n-roll-type not-at-all-swing music. but there were many good leads there, and surprisingly few good follows, so I had fun)

Went to see The Martian on Saturday. It was good, except for a really stupid finish (there really wan't any need to change the book finish, it was exciting enough). I heard a lot of people hyping it up, but I thought the movie was just decent, not excellent. Really enjoyed the book...

sungam

Oct 7, 2015, 2:05 AM
Post #105235 of 105309 (6863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a lot of crazy homeless people here compared to the UK.

Partner camhead

Oct 7, 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #105236 of 105309 (6848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

I spent the weekend mostly not-climbing (aside from a day trip to Columbus gym on Sunday).

Went dancing Friday night with Ed (one of the more-horrible live "swing" bands that I ever had a pleasure dancing to... they played a lot of rock-n-roll-type not-at-all-swing music. but there were many good leads there, and surprisingly few good follows, so I had fun)

Went to see The Martian on Saturday. It was good, except for a really stupid finish (there really wan't any need to change the book finish, it was exciting enough). I heard a lot of people hyping it up, but I thought the movie was just decent, not excellent. Really enjoyed the book...

Planning on seeing the Martian this weekend, hopefully. Saw the Everest movie last week, was actually excellent I thought. Great portrayals of Krakauer, Boukreev, and Scott Fischer. Excellent scenery, and it got the intricacies of climbing pretty well.

Partner cracklover

Oct 7, 2015, 2:24 PM
Post #105237 of 105309 (6845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

Planning on seeing the Martian this weekend, hopefully. Saw the Everest movie last week, was actually excellent I thought. Great portrayals of Krakauer, Boukreev, and Scott Fischer. Excellent scenery, and it got the intricacies of climbing pretty well.

Definitely interested in both movies, but I think I'll wait to get 'em on Netflix.

Hey, so we'll be in your hood next weekend (the weekend of 10/17). Would be great to climb with you!

How 'bout you Lena - any chance you'll still be at the Red that Monday?

GO

Partner camhead

Oct 7, 2015, 3:27 PM
Post #105238 of 105309 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

Definitely interested in both movies, but I think I'll wait to get 'em on Netflix.

Hey, so we'll be in your hood next weekend (the weekend of 10/17). Would be great to climb with you!

GO

Yup, I'll be around! It will be Bridge Day that Saturday, so there will be some chaos but climbing will still be possible and awesome. I also will be having to bail early on Saturday to get to my new gf's sister's weeding. But we will most definitely climb zee climbs.

Partner camhead

Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 PM
Post #105239 of 105309 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In other gnus, Alex Megos is spending three weeks here. It's pretty cool, since nearly all Euro superstars tend to just go to the RRG; I think that Herr Hörst probably convinced him of the potential of the NRG, even if it lacks a bunch of 9a's.

I don't get star-struck or blown away very often; plenty of pro climbers have come through here. But this kid is on a different level (well, obviously, first 14+ onsight in the world, Realization second go, that sort of thing). On his first day here, for his second route, he walked The Racist like it was a 5.10, no stopping for rests, no grunting, nothing. Pretty cool.

lena_chita

Oct 7, 2015, 3:45 PM
Post #105240 of 105309 (6842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

Good to know. I've been debating whether to see it, or not.

lena_chita

Oct 7, 2015, 6:28 PM
Post #105241 of 105309 (6833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:

That is awl.

GO

Nice work!

GO

I haven't forgotten. But I don't know yet. Partner situation really sucks right now. It's amazing how quickly you get used to good things, and how hard it is to get " unused" to them. Anyone has some voodoo healing powers to get Ed's shoulder recover quicker?

Banz would be at the New that weekend. So that is a point in favor of going to the New instead of the Red. But it is a bridge day, and that is definitely a point against the New.

Then again, there are a few people who are all going to the New this weekend for various reasons, some to avoid Rocktoberfest. Others bc of the husband preferences, bc hubby hardly ever goes climbing, but when he does, he wants to go to the New, etc. So all of those people are more likely to go to the Red next weekend, and carpooling is nothing to sneeze at. But the likelihood of any of them wanting to stay for an extra day... sigh.

Someone has to write a computer program that takes all these variables into account and spits out your partner choices at the end. Tongue

climbingtrash

Oct 8, 2015, 3:06 PM
Post #105242 of 105309 (6802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
For those of you who do not know, Jasper is currently in a cone.
Jasper managed to shatter his cone on day 5.
Luckily, he is cute enough*
That the PETCO(C) ladies gave me a free new one.

#goodstorybro

*and, my masculine rugged homeless bum appearance didn't hurt

They probably thought ewe were a homeless bum and took pity on ewe?

climbingtrash

Oct 8, 2015, 3:09 PM
Post #105243 of 105309 (6802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

4190...Skimmed

lena_chita

Oct 8, 2015, 7:41 PM
Post #105244 of 105309 (6788 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think my biostatistician Is taking hallucinogenic drugs.

I send him links to two different DNA regions.

He comes back and says, they are the same.

I click on the links I had sent him, in case I made a mistake... they are different! So I tell him so.

He sends me back screenshots of the links, saying, look, they are the same.

I dutifully look at the screenshots... and they are DIFFERENT!!!!

This is seriously hilarious.

climbingtrash

Oct 9, 2015, 12:58 PM
Post #105245 of 105309 (6729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I click on the links I had sent him, in case I made a mistake... they are different! So I tell him so.

I don't think teh word "different" means wut ewe think it means?

lena_chita

Oct 9, 2015, 3:11 PM
Post #105246 of 105309 (6712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I don't think teh word "different" means wut ewe think it means?

Clearly!

climbingtrash

Oct 9, 2015, 5:57 PM
Post #105247 of 105309 (6693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Weekend report.

I have it on good authority that Mr Camhead, the NRG local (!!!!!) got lost (!!!!!) hiking to the crag at the New this weekend, and accidentally ended up at Sandstonia, in n00b paradize.

Can jack come here and do his "poyntz and laffs" thing?

He also made his girlfriend carry the bigger pack, under the guise of getting her to do some easy climbs. Hurray for gunkie girlfriends who like this kind of treatment.

Yeeeeah, Karen wuntzed to go climb moderates and had never been to Bubba Shitty. I sent a proj on Saturday, so she knew she could convince me to go there on Sunday.

Have never had my balls cupped so hard. That Russian guy who knew you was like, "are you camhead? why are you climbing here!"

and then when I offered some advice about lowering off of routes, he was telling his crew "listen to him, he's the closest thing to a pro climber that you'll see at Bubba City!"

Oh dear.

Ewe were getting yore balls cupped pretty good in noiZ over yore book until ewe brought up teh wilderness issue. Then teh butthurtz started to show.

climbingtrash

Oct 9, 2015, 6:03 PM
Post #105248 of 105309 (6690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

4191...skimmed

climbingtrash

Post #105249 of 105309 (6690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
The day we did NFoC is boring - everything went according to plan. Here's a better story:

This is back in Hart's Draw. Kinda like the Creek, but with very little documentation. A lot more figure-it-out-as-you-go kinda place. No crowds. Actually no other climbers at all.

Woke up one morning after a cold night (it was down in the 20s - I planned on 40s) and it's cloudy and windy, so we're looking for maximum sun. My partner knows a cliff with a bunch of new routes on it, at moderate grades. It's a long approach (like an hour), but it should catch full sun (to the degree that we get any) all day. Only trouble is that he's only heard about which buttress it's on, and that's about it. So, he figures it might require "around a half hour of time to track down the routes once we get there."

There also might be potential for new routes in that area, so in addition to the rope, haul line, five sets of cams, we throw in the bolt kit. Did I mention the hour approach? It was a long slog with those packs.

After the bushwhacking trudge and loose talus slope with fifty pound packs is finally done, we wandered around for an hour before deciding, definitively, that this cliff has zero established routes. So we picked out the best line - what looked to be a sixty foot finger crack in good rock. Only trouble was that it was still freezing. Mmm, cold fingers in cold rock. We flipped for it, and I got the lead.

I planned to most likely aid through the crux, because near the top it looked like the crack narrowed to green and then maybe even blue Aliens, and there was a huge stack of detached rotten blocks teetering just a foot from the crack. Turned out I was able to hang on and keep my feet to the other side of the crack. Onsight! Pulled up the bolt kit, and... one hanger short. D'oh!

So my partner blames himself for not checking the kit, and runs(!) all the way back to the truck to grab more hangers and bolts, while I get in the first bolt and chain, drill and prep the next hole, clean and jug, and trundle the route. What a guy!

Turned out to be a pretty sweet climb, too, which I named "Bolting for Hangers".

With the additional bolts, he did another route next to that one. By then the weather had deteriorated, and it started snowing. Not quite as good a route, he named that one "Cold Leftovers".

Not the sunny day of moderates we had planned, but two good new routes, and a good story!

GO

I'm knot reading that

climbingtrash

Post #105250 of 105309 (6690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I've been getting moar serious about this hangboarding thing. Adding/subtracting weight, etc. While I'm still not feeling so trashed after a workout that I need 72 hours of rest, I'm definitely getting a better workout now.

I think I mentioned that I've just been doing the beginner workout out of the Manderson book, at least until my fingers didn't feel so tweaky anymore. I was thinking of moving on to the intermediate workout later this week though now that I'm getting stuff sorted out. There's no benefit to sticking to the beginner workout instead of moving on to the intermediate workout, is there?

Ewe lost me at "hang board thing".

First page Previous page 1 ... 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook