Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Dry Winter Rock Exit 38&32?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Jessedank

Feb 8, 2016, 4:31 AM
Post #1 of 2 (4615 views)
Shortcut

Dry Winter Rock Exit 38&32?  (North_America: United_States: Washington: I-5_Corridor-North: Exit_38)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I've heard rumors there are certain crags at exit 38 & 32 that stay dry throughout the whole year. I've tried researching, but have found nothing. Anyone know the beta on these? I'm open to bouldering, sport and trad. Preferably 5.10 and lower. Thanks!

escalabrasil

Mar 2, 2016, 6:22 PM
Post #2 of 2 (4096 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jessedank] Dry Winter Rock Exit 38&32? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I haven't been to these areas for about 5 years now, so forgive me if some of the information is out of date.

If I remember correctly, there are only sport routes in these two areas, with only a handful of trad lines scattered around. Exit 38's Nevermind Wall has a good selection of 5.10s and can be dry during the winter months, though not after a particularly wet period.

Exit 32's World Wall is quite overhanging and tends to stay pretty dry during winter. However, the routes tend to eb concentrated in the 11 to 12 range. There are a couple worthwhile easier lines, though. Vantage (Frenchman's Coulee) and Tieton may also be dry and worth taking a look at as they are on the East side of the mountains.

Good luck! PNW winters are not easy for climbers, but I do miss these places...

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook