Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Partner rrrADAM

Jan 21, 2003, 3:36 PM
Post #26 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

J-Tree Shin-Dig [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Best trip report award goes to 'staticbuz'...

http://www.journeybeyond.net/Jtree/jtree.html

hangerlessbolt

Jan 21, 2003, 3:48 PM
Post #27 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That rocks!!!

Partner pbcowboy77

Jan 21, 2003, 4:18 PM
Post #28 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude Staticbuz, that was awsome. I agree adam, the best one yet.

Hey I need to ask everyone that was at Indian Cove on Sunday if they picked up a pair of shoes. Michelle (spclimb), my partner could not find her climbing shoes or sandels on Sunday when we were packing up. The climbing shoes were green 5.10's in womens size 6.5, and the sandels were brown leather. If anyone finds them Pleaselet me know. They were brand spanking new, and she is really bummed out.

I wanted to thank everyone again for comming out. I had no clue that the turn out would be so huge. And thanks for the great party on Saturday, with the ugly cake, Oh and I think my B-Day wish is comming true since I blew out 49 candels instead of just 25 ( can you belive my wish wasn't to send La Reina). Anyways can't tell you all what it is.

Partner artm

Jan 21, 2003, 4:26 PM
Post #29 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I had a fun time this weekend....
got to hang out with two of my favorite climbers (Adam and Karen). Met a huge group of super cool people, all of you are great. Celebrated Zac's birthday (next one is Dave's aka pirateclimber in YOsemite june 23). I finally got to meet Nikegirl(wheeeeeeee) who's stealing our buddy Hangerless from us(we're about to put his face on a milk carton). And Trevor showed up in person to hand Zac a shirt, which doesn't fit cuz Zac is a giant.....for hosting the shin-dig.
thanks Zac!
wow this looks like one big run-on sentence!

[ This Message was edited by: artm on 2003-01-21 08:27 ]

nikegirl

Jan 21, 2003, 5:01 PM
Post #30 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As long as it's a CHOCOLATE milk carton....I'll take full responsibility for the dissapearance of hangerlessbolt ~~**~~

how can I not??
I've found my soul mate...and? HE'S A CLIMBER!! Double wammy!! I'm lucky!!

razz nikegirl...razz razz razz.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

it's all good.
looking forward to all the adventures ahead.

~T

oldskool

Jan 21, 2003, 6:18 PM
Post #31 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

enigma....im smoking pot and $#!&....ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...im gonna die!!! omygod

ride

Jan 21, 2003, 7:00 PM
Post #32 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

are you going to bogart that, oldskool??

[ This Message was edited by: ride on 2003-01-21 11:00 ]

phlyfisher

Jan 21, 2003, 9:18 PM
Post #33 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well it was a long drive but it was fun. Decided about 4 pm on Friday to drive down to J-Tree with three friends. We left SLC around 9ish that nite and made it to Vegas around 3 am. Woke up at 7 and drove to J-Tree. Ran into nikegirl, hangerless, and toobig in the parking lot. Thank goodness or we would have never found anyone.

We got some good routes in.

Double start - Great pure crack climb. The first time I've ever rested on my gear.

Right Ski track- My favorite of the weekend. While belaying my buddy we had to wait for some guy to down climb the top section. After a short conversation and introduction he kept climbing only to the REALILZATION he was just talking to Chris Sharma. Kinda cool.

Exorcist- Sweet finger crack. Still need to refine my crack skills, but I'm getting better.
On monday since we woke up to rain, we decided to climb at Red Rocks on the way home. No more crack. Yeah! Sportin' it up on a couple of climbs. And then finish up at home at midnight.

Three days, 1400+ miles. Didn't stop moving till my head hit the pillow monday night. Just in time to make it to my job interview this morning.

It was nice to meet alot of new people. Didn't get to climb with anyone, but the parties at night were fun. I have some pictures that I'll post when I get a minute.

Climb on climba

boneware

Jan 22, 2003, 2:49 AM
Post #34 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Definatly a great weekend, sorry to see you all go. Monday did start kind of crappy, weather got better today though. I was the one who made the mistake of touching the cake, the black color (shoe polish?) is finally off my hand, still kind of burns though.
It was really nice to put faces with names, and i look forward to doing so again.

climbingcowboy

Jan 22, 2003, 9:18 AM
Post #35 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What a great trip! Got up there Friday afternoon and right away met a few guys not with site that wanted to do a new route right behind my campsite so i got to do that with them along with Laura (mistyofthemountian) then we tagged along with them and he showed me another new route over by Bilbo Buttress great fun 5.7/8 face route. Then cruised over to site ten that night it was cool to meet alot of you, although i cant quite remember everything that night

Saturday morning got to climb with Corey (coreyr), Jules (rock4jules), and Kelly (kmunderground) plus my brother Larry ,Brock, and Laura, did some routes on thye Feudal Wall a couple of 5.6 leads and TR'd a 10a that was really fun. Then we cruised over to Pixie wall and my brother led Whos First a really bad runout you might as well free solo the thing, then we TR'd that wall. Kelly led Silent Scream 10a and I got up it on TR Bit**in climb. Hung with Marc (clooudbreak) at night cool guy.

Sunday us and David and his wife Katy plus Mike Reddig went over to Dairy Queen wall and led some fun routes then set up TR that was alot of fun. Cant wait to the next time.

Geoff
Pics coming soon

[ This Message was edited by: climbingcowboy on 2003-01-22 01:23 ]

Partner pbcowboy77

Jan 22, 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #36 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

O.K. now that the gathering is over, I don't have a post to go back to all the time. This kinda sucks, I did'nt realize how much time that damn thing took up.

Well it was one of the best times I've had while climbing. Maybe I'll see you in Moab.

-Zac

climbsomething

Jan 22, 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #37 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think today is the day I finally drag my lazy butt down to the store and drop off my pics

But one of my regrets from the trip? Not getting to meet nikegirl! We musta plain missed each other Saturday night now that I think about it, I thought I heard somebody say "T" at some point, but then, there were lots of people shouting lotsa things. end result though, no T for me.

but we did PM later, and I know her real name now! hehe, that was gonna be the first thing I was gonna ask

Next time!!

Partner pbcowboy77

Jan 22, 2003, 11:59 PM
Post #38 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh ya, enigma, you said "that look's so easy" after I lead La Reina, and you were bummed out thatI didn't set a top rope for you. I just have to say that if you had trouble doing the walk off from La Reina, there is no F%#king way you could have done it. That was the hardest thing I've lead so far.

Just thought of that now and wanted to bring it up.

-Zac

coreyr

Jan 23, 2003, 12:33 AM
Post #39 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just wanted to say I had a great time. Wish I was still in j-tree. It's been snowing ever since I got back home, yuk!
Wow, I met some really great people at this gathering. Thanks everyone! See everyone again soon. Corey

nikegirl

Jan 23, 2003, 4:58 AM
Post #40 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I keep on reading the TR...
trying to place faces...
On sunday, over on fuedal wall...there was a pile of peeps.
I have to say? I'm bummed that people didn't say hi, and state their usernames. But, I was just as guilty.
Not being around as the intro's we're done in the eves, both nights...Our fault for not being there.

Anyway...
I wish I meet'd and greet'd more of the crew.
Hill? that just bites!!!

hrmf.
amazing weather...my back is itchy now, from my sun burn...hehe

loved every route we did. So good to see our familiar faces, from Utah...and Rumney, and last years Josh Gathering.

I gave Adam a "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as it echoed in the air.
Full Moon was amazing
Sunset on headstone: speechless

too short as usual these trips.

I gots me a tigger
thanks eeyore

~T

enigma

Jan 23, 2003, 6:07 AM
Post #41 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pbCowboy-I heard La Reina was soft,more like a 5.8.by your friend that day. I'm sure its a hard lead,but to follow should be no problem. Wanna put some money on it? I admit walk-offs are not my strong suit,but I've followed alot of 5.9 and 5.10's with no problem. Even that invisibility lessons,cake walk,pinched rib,spinchter quits,chalk up another one,pa woolsey,noriega something,and numerous others.(this month-Zac)

enigma

Jan 23, 2003, 6:10 AM
Post #42 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

P.S. You did a great job leading it though seemed like you got up there in what,10minutes. No I won't lead it yet.

pbjosh

Jan 23, 2003, 6:53 AM
Post #43 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Enigma et al,

I wouldn't call La Reina soft - it's pretty strenuous for 5.9, comparable to Damper or Trashman Roof or the like.

josh

enigma

Jan 23, 2003, 7:46 AM
Post #44 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You said it was like invisibility lessons,right on this thread, pbjosh,now you changed your mind.
Neverthess,it was pbcowboys friend who told me,who has done it,so I'll have to wait and see.
Pbcowboy and Ride,it was still a good lead,not trying to minimize your accomplishments,sorry if I sounded that way.
O.K. Everyone happy now.

Partner pbcowboy77

Jan 23, 2003, 8:25 AM
Post #45 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that was one of the hardest 5.9's I've ever done, it started out as a slightly overhanging thin hand crack, then to a large kinda flaring handcrack. Had one good rest, and the rest of the timeyou just had to pull through as fast as you can. That Bi7ch didn't let up.

And yes I'll put a bank roll on the fact you couldn't do it clean the first time.

Hell, I got got 20 that say's you can't make the first 3 moves without a fall. The hell with 20 I'll put a C note on it, and when I bet I'm for real.

-Zac

Partner rrrADAM

Jan 23, 2003, 2:20 PM
Post #46 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey all... This is a "fun Trip Report" thread. Let's keep it that way, eh ???

Partner pbcowboy77

Jan 23, 2003, 6:35 PM
Post #47 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry Adam your right. I just had about a page writen but got rid of it beacuse the flame war is'nt worth it.

Sorry everyone that had to read all that crap

-Zac

tradguy

Jan 23, 2003, 7:01 PM
Post #48 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For what it's worth, La Reina is quite hard. *WAY* harder than Touch and Go or Pope's Crack, which are both solid 5.9 crack climbs, and plenty harder even than Taxman, which is 10a. Face climbs like Noriega and Pinched Rib don't even compare. Mighty impressive lead, Zac. I suspect that thinner hands might make the jams on the lower bit a little easier, since I couldn't quite fit mine too well in that part. Also, climbing without the post-hangover/dehydration headache might have helped a bit too.

Partner rrrADAM

Jan 23, 2003, 7:05 PM
Post #49 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm... I'll have to do that one. I thought Touch & Go was easy, whereas I still find Pope's Crack to be akward, thus hard for 5.9.

murf

Jan 23, 2003, 7:18 PM
Post #50 of 78 (7931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh please! La Reina is just an awkward grunt IMHO. It doesn't tip the scales over 5.9, and it's not very long. If it's been on your list and you enjoyed it, more power to you. However, it's not harder than Taxman or Touch and Go. Pope's Crack should be renamed Pope's Face Route, and have some stars removed due to the deception in the route name.

Murf

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook