Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Two new bolt routes on the Red Slab (?)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

nailzz

Jan 26, 2003, 1:07 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Two new bolt routes on the Red Slab (?)  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was at Rock Canyon yesterday with my brother and noticed two new bolt lines there. They were directly right of The Mantle Route and I don't recall them being there about this time last year.

Does anybody know anything about these routes? They're pretty decent, one felt like about 5.7-8 and the other 5.8-9. Of course, being less than a year old, they're not in my several year-old guidebook.

Thanks for any replies and/or beta on these.

nunyoboy

Jul 11, 2003, 11:04 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1165 views)
Shortcut

New routes at Red Slab [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The routes to the right of the Mantle Route are somewhat old. Just a few feet to the right of the Mantle Route is Red Dwarf (5.9) and if you continue up towards Kick there is another route that used to be covered in moss. Christian Burrell bolted this questionable route last August and called it Mosstique. I think he rated it 5.8. Red Dwarf however has been there for at least 3 years and was bolted by Jim Knight. :shock: Also just to the left of Mr. Cornflakes is a new 5.8 called Red Red Whine that was put up last year by Darred Knezek.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook