RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

varstar10

Nov 29, 2001, 8:36 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut

When you just cant HANG!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Have you just been to damn frusterated with a problem or route that you just felt like giving up on the sport. Dont get me wrong i climb because i like the pur aspect of it all... But its just i get to a point that i cant get any better or i cant seem to get to the top... I was just wondering if anyone ever felt like this... I think we just have to dig deep inside of us and see where we stand in our lives and thinking... SORRY about this topic...its just that i have been going threw some crap with this girl that i feel is just using me for a guy that will be there when no one else will...well hope this triggers some thought in you all...

Jon

nikegirl

Nov 29, 2001, 8:47 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut

When you just cant HANG!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's mental block. Your brain is preoccupied...with your heart.
And yes, I vented about this exact subject, not being able to send routes, and feeling like I should give it all up...about amonth ago, and I was in the middle of burnout...took I think 5 days off...And HAD to go back...or die. Missed it, big time.

~it's mental. Good luck.

T

ratstar

Nov 29, 2001, 3:56 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I meditate. I know it sounds funny but its true it helps me out. I do it before and after every route. I think it calms me and helps me to realize that I dont have to many limits when it comes to rock climbing.

awkward

Nov 29, 2001, 5:05 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1148 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whenever I have a bad climbing day, I just 'scend routes that I KNOW FOR A FACT I can get to the top with no problem. 5.9, 5.10- stuff like that. It helps get my head back on my shoulders and I know I can climb the harder stuff another day. Usually, I use climbing as a sort of meditation. To forget about stuff. If something affects me enough to affect my climbing, I just relax a couple of days and try to get over it.
Hope this helps, but there wasn't much advice in there. Oh well. Goodluck

-Bryan

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook