RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

yppah

Feb 27, 2003, 12:21 AM
Post #1 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I love the scratches and bruises I get on my legs. I don't even care if they show when I wear shorts or dresses. If people notice, I like to tell them that I am a rock climber. It usually gives us something to talk about. The scrapes and bruises are badges of honor, wear them proudly.

grigriese

Feb 27, 2003, 12:50 AM
Post #2 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wear my wounds proudly also. As you get better you will have less scratches and scraps, until you really start to push yourself again. Prettier legs? You must just be talking about smooth flesh. Trust me, you will have some seriously shapely legs. Any guy would prefer strong shapely legs wrapped around them to squishy outta shape legs with no bruises or scratches.

Climber guys get very into their climber girls

estherator

Feb 27, 2003, 10:19 PM
Post #3 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Here here ladies! I love the sight of my own blood. And any climber guy, I'm sure will agree with the statements above. Mine does. So, you men lurking about in here...comments?

Partner missedyno

Feb 28, 2003, 2:00 AM
Post #4 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

who cares what other people think? you think other people notice what you think are your flaws? nawh.

love yourself, the rest will follow

don't get me started on the "pretty? pretty by who's definition????"

kcrag

Feb 28, 2003, 3:25 AM
Post #5 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ditto on the previous opinions towards scratches/scars and bruises.

these things are a sign of commitment and willingness to get 'down and dirty'.

it scares me to meet a guy with perfectly smooth skin (no callouses, and on top of it... a wimpy handshake).

Yes, the media portrays women as being 'flawless', but hey... that's just a great photoshop job! I'd much rather be a woman with battlescar history than a sit at home primp job.

-k.

Partner calamity_chk

Feb 28, 2003, 3:35 AM
Post #6 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm with crazy and kcrag. if your boyfriend doesnt like your climber legs, then tell him to get his butt off belay and find a man who digs you .. as you are.

working on footwork and wearing kneepads helps though .. ;)

cloakberry

Mar 3, 2003, 3:05 AM
Post #7 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My boyfriend thinks it's really cool that i'm not affraid to go out and get dirty. He doesn't like prissy girls, and thinks it's cool that I don't care about getting cuts and bruises. Is this really more important to you than climbing? If so maybe you shouldn't be climbing. And do you really think your boyfriend cares that much?

Partner missedyno

Mar 3, 2003, 4:35 PM
Post #8 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey if it matters that much to you, just grow your leg hair to cover the bruises.

also, the longer you've been climbing, you'll get better technique and probably won't bash your legs that much...

indigo_nite

Mar 4, 2003, 1:22 AM
Post #9 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I climb w/ pants (rei boy's cords found on sale for $14 :lol: ) not so much b/c of how my legs would look but just wanting to reduce physical pain of injury (w/ scrapes).

I've climbed w/ a couple who've climbed many years and they wear knee pads.

moabbeth

Mar 5, 2003, 5:02 AM
Post #10 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the bruises add character. I get them around my knees really easily. I was in Josh climbing hard all weekend and when I got back a climber boy I'm seeing came over to my house to see how my weekend went and thought the bruises were really hot hehe!!! I like my bruises! I try not to cover them up, they're great conversation pieces.

And even if he doesn't like the bruises, climber chicks like us have nice toned legs from our climbing so he should be grateful for that.

alpinebedy

Mar 6, 2003, 3:51 PM
Post #11 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My gynecologist thought I had an abusive boyfriend when she lifted my paper dress and saw my knees and legs. I had just spent a weekend at the Gunks. I don't think she really understood how I could get knees that looked like that from a leisure activity, but at least she didn't press charges.

Partner taino

Mar 6, 2003, 4:20 PM
Post #12 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Here here ladies! I love the sight of my own blood. And any climber guy, I'm sure will agree with the statements above. Mine does. So, you men lurking about in here...comments?

Athletic, toned, and bruised/cut over smooth and weak, any day. I love that my GF rides a mountainbike (and hammers), and at any given time has various cuts and bruises from that. She's got really, really sexy legs. :D

Tai

sroehlk

Mar 6, 2003, 4:38 PM
Post #13 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't worry about the bruises...they'll fade away. Although once one is gone another pops up. :)

swohletz

Mar 7, 2003, 4:27 AM
Post #14 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Ugly Legs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I take the bruises as war wounds....wear them proudly. Sometimes I climb in pants if I think getting badly scraped is something I want to avoid, but then again I climbed in shorts the day before I went to a wedding and was glad I had a long skirt to wear! :)

wonderwoman

Mar 7, 2003, 7:22 PM
Post #15 of 15 (2920 views)
Shortcut

ugly toes and flared pant syndrome [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I pride myself on my bruised / scratched knees when I"m wearing a skirt. I think it's funny. especially when I have an important meeting with a bunch of white men in suits. they all know I'm the toughest one in the room!

The looks of my feet? :shock: NOW ThAT'S ANOTHER STORY! My toenails are bruised, and I think I will eventually lose my big toenails.

Also, the size of my calves force me to wear flared jeans. I can't get my pants off at the end of the day unless I have flared pants. woe is me!!! :roll:

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook