RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

sroehlk

Apr 15, 2003, 8:42 PM
Post #1 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

L o n g Pants
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I remember reading a thread on pants, so I did a search and found it. Unfortunately it didn’t help me. Here’s my problem…I need long climbing pants. I have long jeans and I have long dress pants, but I cannot find long climbing/workout pants. I need them sturdy and warm. Anyone have suggestions???

I have plenty of capris, but that doesn’t help much when it’s still chilly out.

mwbtle

Apr 16, 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #2 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

L o n g Pants [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I wear a pair of aerobics leggings when its still a bit chilly...let me move and keep me warmer than you'd expect...

got 'em at target for like 15 bucks...better than shopping prana and spending 60...

mreardon

Apr 16, 2003, 12:52 AM
Post #3 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a fan of Megalith's pants, but my partners swear by PrAna and long leggings (Chili's) underneath for the long cold climbs.

ecocliffchick

Apr 16, 2003, 3:44 PM
Post #4 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you can find some that don't shrink on you, let me know! I always think I've found the perfect pair of climbing pants/tights and then I put them in the wash and then end up being 'floods'. I guess it's good that the short-pants never impede my climbing - I see some short girls having to constantly roll up their pantlegs so as to not catch their toes or heels on the hem, but it'd be nice not to look like a dork once in a while.

climb.on
Deleted

Apr 16, 2003, 5:22 PM
Post #5 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are looking for durable pants that come in lengths try Carharts. If you want a more yoga like pant try athleta (www.athleta.com) their "all that" pant is good and comes in lenghts as well.

alpinist

Apr 16, 2003, 8:07 PM
Post #6 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry to intrude but if you're looking for pants that are long enough...

www.beyondfleece.com

they make custom fleece clothing and have a light-weight, soft-shell that works really well for climbing.
I have had a lot of luck with their sizing system.
Anyway, I hope this helps, I'll go now.

bigevilgrape

Apr 17, 2003, 2:53 AM
Post #7 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my Parana climbing pants. They are oh so comfy and nice, add some long johns and they are plenty warm; however, I don't think they are what your looking for. They also are a bit expensive (mine where a gift)

sroehlk

Apr 17, 2003, 3:50 PM
Post #8 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Re: L o n g Pants [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you can find some that don't shrink on you, let me know! I always think I've found the perfect pair of climbing pants/tights and then I put them in the wash and then end up being 'floods'. I guess it's good that the short-pants never impede my climbing - I see some short girls having to constantly roll up their pantlegs so as to not catch their toes or heels on the hem, but it'd be nice not to look like a dork once in a while.

I have a lot of running tights/leggings and now I usually use them as a layer under my ski pants, I didn’t even think to wear them right now. The weather is pretty sketchy. One day it’s 80 and sunny and the next it’s 50 and rainy – no joke! I have the same problem with washing my pants and shrinking them. I always forget to pull them out of the dryer early. I’ll have to check out some of these sites or else I’ll be stuck pulling out my highwaters if it’s cold next weekend. Warm weather please!!! I know they won't effect my climbing, but I'm with ecocliffchick, it would be nice not to look like a dork once in awhile!

Thanks guys!

enigma

Apr 18, 2003, 7:30 AM
Post #9 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

---Just go to a climbing store,and check out the brands that are made for climbing in colder temperatures, all the companies make them. Obviously some pants will fit better on some women and each womens' taste is unique.

The brands above are fine, as well as North Face, Mountain Hard Wear, Patagonia and many others to numerous to name. :idea:

sroehlk

Apr 18, 2003, 3:58 PM
Post #10 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The http://www.athleta.com/ site is great!!! I just ordered a new pair of l o n g pants!!!

I've been to so many stores (REI, EMS, Galyan's, Active Endeavors, Erehwon, etc.) and the problem I've found is they might carry one or two styles of long women's pants, but they'll have one or two pairs left, in the wrong size, and they’re khakis. I really don't need any more khakis (Old Navy has them for a lot less $$).

I went through this same deal when I was buying new ski pants. I actually ended up buying men's, which worked out pretty well, because I like my ski pants baggy.

gretchino

Apr 21, 2003, 10:56 PM
Post #11 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you want a more yoga like pant try athleta (www.athleta.com) their "all that" pant is good and comes in lenghts as well.

I can attest to Athleta's quality...and they ship to you really quickly. It's a bit pricey, but I'm a long-legged breed and will pay for comfortable pants that fit! They have good sales everyonce in a while too if you get their catalog..I've not checked out the website.

hempsta

Apr 21, 2003, 11:16 PM
Post #12 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

how tall are you? if you want you can gewt a pair of guys pants oor capris

sroehlk

Apr 22, 2003, 2:35 PM
Post #13 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 5' 7 1/2" (yes that 1/2 inch matters :D ) and I know that's not extremely tall, but I have long legs. If the pants fit well, I'll pay a little more for them. Thanks for all the suggestions!

moabbeth

Apr 23, 2003, 4:31 AM
Post #14 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a couple pair of long Prana drawstring pants that are amazing for climbing and if it gets chilly I have a pair of North Face long underwear/leggings that fit perfectly underneath them. Works every time.

grigriese

Apr 30, 2003, 8:19 PM
Post #15 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Woman's Prana pants are always too short for me, by about 2 inches! I'm 5'9". My favorite are leggings made by either danskin or Jcrew tall versions. My favorite long pants are just about anything Arcteryx, mens small. If you are looking for durable check out Men's Prana Pants, Their men's line is much more durable and really better than their women's line. Women's line seems to be more for hanging out then for climbing, whereas the men's line actually seems to be designed for use and abuse! If you don't mind spending the cash check out arcteryx! Their stuff is amazing, but pretty spendy, Get it on sale - even then it's expensive but worth it.

grigriese

Apr 30, 2003, 8:24 PM
Post #16 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I forgot to mention that I have a friend that is 6' tall and she has a pair of Verve pants. They fit her great and best of all the fabric was amazing. Really warm and comfy blend of wool and some synthetic fabric. I don't know if she special ordered them that length.

twiz

May 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
Post #17 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ive been climbing up in MN with some Patagonia Talus pants. Im 5'8 and have to roll the bottoms up a bit while climbing. They have kept me both warm and cool. Im not sure what the material is. It seems really thin, yet has shown its durability as well (as well as a bit of water resistance).

Im not sure who the 'exlusive' patagonia dealers are in chicago. REI might be more hit or miss as they only carry miscl Patagonia schtuff. Check patagonia out online and see what you can come up with.

Carharts and Prana's are great, but a tad warm for the humid days we have up here.

Good luck. Let us know what works for ya!

twiz

May 29, 2003, 12:35 AM
Post #18 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I forgot...Ive climbed in mens colombia zip off pants for the past two years. They are actually REALLY great and reasonably priced. SUPER durable. You have the ability to cool off by opening the legs a bit or taking them off. A little bit of pilling (if looks are important to you).

sinorock

Jun 7, 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #19 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mammut makes good stuff.
I buy them from www.sierratradingpost.com at discount price.

I wear men's small. They have doubled knees and sturdy butt patch. I have the synthetic ones, which dry really fast.

i_liedmyfaceoff

Aug 25, 2003, 8:16 PM
Post #20 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i really havent had much problem finding comfortable long pants....but i am a small 15 year old so i still fit kid boys tech pants.

overlord

Aug 27, 2003, 7:24 AM
Post #21 of 21 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

some companys (like patagonia, cassin, millet...) make outdoor hiking/climbing pants that are comfy and have reinforced knees and other high impact areas. and theyre also quite warm.

you could also conside ordinary cotton traing pants, like fruit of the loom or russel athletics. theyre not so durable, but are cheap and warm. and you wot really care for minor cuts theyre gonna get.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook