Forums: Climbing Information: Access Issues & Closures:
No Climbing and Cops at Sunset Rock (Ontario)??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

inklein

May 8, 2003, 11:38 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1463 views)
Shortcut

No Climbing and Cops at Sunset Rock (Ontario)??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I went to Sunset Rock in Milton yesterday for the first time in a while and saw 2 "new" no climbing signs. I was and am heart broken. How long has the ban been in effect? Does anyone know the reason for the closure? I drove all the way to the "cliff" and had my shoes on and pad set up before I saw the signs so I couldn't resist the temptation to do a few problems as it had been ages since I last climbed. So I do a few of the problems and am working the mantle at the far south end when a COP pulls up! Ive been to that place many many times over the years and NEVER even saw a cop, let alone had them pull over and talk to me. He asked me to move my car out of the no parking area and gave me a lecture about climbing by myself. No ticket thankfully. What horrible experience. I went out to enjoy the afternoon, keeping out of trouble and getting some healthy exercise. I wasnt bothering anyone or getting in anyone's way and I get hassled by cops with nothing better to do. Whats going on??? Whats with all the hasles at this little cliff?

edge

May 8, 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1463 views)
Shortcut

Re: No Climbing and Cops at Sunset Rock (Ontario)?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You can find out a lot of the gory details here:
http://www.gripped.com/web/forum/toast.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=8&tid=378

Although I've never climbed there, I can sympathize with your frustration. I hope it gets worked out to everyone's benefit.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook