RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Partner phylp

May 8, 2003, 11:52 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Asking about routes: BE SPECIFIC!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This happens all the time on this site: Someone posts a query like "Can you recommend some cracks in Yosemite Valley?" or "What sport routes should I do while I'm in California?"

19 replys later, and a lot of people's time and effort, we find out from the original poster that he/she leads up to 5.8 (and 90% of the recommendations have been for 5.10 and above), or they only want 5.11 or higher (and the replies are all easier), or by "crack" they mean single pitch (and someone has gone to the trouble of detailing Grade III and IVs), or some other qualifier which negates the usefulness and effort of most of the replies!

Hello?!? There's an obvious solution to this... try to make your original query as specific as possible.

beercanclimber

May 9, 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Re: Asking about routes: BE SPECIFIC! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uhhhh ok. feeeling a little frustrated today are we?

anyway, reguardless of the usefulness to the original poster other people benefit from the info too so wo really cares? it's not like the people giving route info are going way out of their way to take 5 min and think back to routes in specific areas.

edge

May 9, 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're absolutely right!!!

I personally am looking for a 5.11c face climb where the crux involves leaving a tiny left hand gaston and drop-kneeing a dime edge to a crappy right hand sloper with a thumb-catch. The climb must be in Florida, near an orange grove (but not too near), and within an hour's drive of Disneyworld. ("cause everyone knows that DisneyLAND is the one on the west coast!). It must be between 45 and 50 feet in length, because I am just now building up my endurance, and must be photogenic enough for the ensuing picture to rate a solid 10 from everyone on this website. I am, after all, in this climbing game for the fame and money.

By the way, I lead solid 5.6, but project up to 5.8++.

Please let me know if such a route exists, and also take everything that I just said and attribute it to 5 or 6 gin and tonics.

jt512

May 9, 2003, 1:22 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the posters get confused by the title of the forum: General.

-Jay

foyboy

May 9, 2003, 7:35 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, glad I was so specific on my first post ever in this forum. Info given was WA St., Slab, Bolted/TR, Single Pitch, 5.11 to 5.13-. What kind of info would be helpful w/o the above specs?

As jt512 said, maybe they are confused by the "general" forum :lol: Uh, yeah I am looking for a route to climb when I travel to Europe that would be... um... fun and rememberable, anyone got any ideas? :lol:

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook