RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

fin

Jun 2, 2003, 1:57 AM
Post #1 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

a few simple questions---
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey, two questions, ok in yours shoes do u find you like the lace-ups, slip-ons, or velcro, more? i need new shoes, and i heard good things about all of them, but mostly bad things on the slip-ons and velcro,... slipping off and such. what do u prefer?

what kind of music do u chicks listen to, to either get u in the mood for climbing or just to listen to, at home or wherever.
as a teen i have two different sides, i have the side, where i get pumped up to climb and listen to hardcore music, then i have this side w/ acoustic & jazz. :lol:

eowyn1025

Jun 2, 2003, 2:59 AM
Post #2 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Re: a few simple questions--- [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well as an artist i like the lighter side of music....new agey kind of stuff, enya, norah jones, loreena mckennet, and cool movie soundtracks...they're easiest to paint to. i have this thing for the cranberries though...and i love oldies. i just personally don't like the harder stuff b/c i always have lighter stuff going so i haven't developed a taste for it.

as to shoes...being the full time (including summer b/c for some sadistic reason i enjoy torturing myself with homework and 2 hour long classes) student that i am, i haven't been climbing more than twice since Christmas so i'm afraid i can't give a very expert opinion on shoes. i've been happy with lace ups but haven't tried any others. sorry!

mwbtle

Jun 2, 2003, 1:16 PM
Post #3 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Music...well, it depends on mood, what I'm doing, etcetc... I listen to everything from the Beatles to Techno (though I don't know any of the artists really). I like classical (mmm...Wagner), jazz (mmm...Miles Davis), old school rock and roll, underground type bands, basically everything. :)

rock shoes...lace ups take too long to put on and take off, though I do like the custom fit, and my slippers are now super comfy, so I'm loving them, but would like to try velcros, since they are the best of both worlds really.

climb.on
Deleted

Jun 2, 2003, 4:32 PM
Post #4 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My first pair of shoes were mythos - lace ups - I love them for gym climbing, but they do not allow me to easily free my feet during multipitch climbs.

So, feeling the need for a more versatile shoe I bought the 5.10 assents. I actually have yet to use them outside (sprained my ankel on a dyno), but they are a great shoe - I love the velcro.

Just try on a mess of shoes until you find what you like

rockwomyn

Jun 2, 2003, 5:40 PM
Post #5 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shoes - my first pair was a pair of scarpa lace ups...which were a tad to small...i listened to the advice about having tight shoes...um, comfort please. they were okay but the hurt like heck after about 2 pitches. i now have a pair of 5.10 alien velcros....yes the velcro is where it's at. i will never lace up again.....but i might try a slipper or something. easy entry and exiting is key as well as comfort.

Music......ah life without it would suck...gillian welch, lucinda williams, miles davis, royal trux, ani difranco, billie holiday, jonatha brooke, david gray, allman brothers and other 60's and 70's rock, johnny cash, nora jones. pretty much most mellow, jazz, blues or folkie acoustic type music will do me. I guess pretty much most music EXCEPT...heavy metal, rap and r&b unless it's like al green, james brown or aretha.

lazygirl

Jun 3, 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #6 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What type of climbing do you do? Your shoe type will depend on what kind of climbing you want to do. Also what was your previous pair like? What did you like/dislike about them?

I'm really into everything. I own several different shoes but the ones I use are the lace up scarpa dominators. I love them. I tie the laces when I trad climb or do anything where I think I want my shoes fitting as well as they can. When I'm bouldering, on TR, or sport climbing I tend to not tie them. I can treat them just like a pair of slip ons. When I'm at the gym people know when I'm about to climb something at my limit because that's when I tie my shoelaces.

wonderwoman

Jun 3, 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #7 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So far, I have only tried on lace up shoes. But I won a pair of 5.10 Sapphires in a raffle and so far they are the most comfy. They are about to wear out though. I also tried on a pair of red chili's (spirits?) that I really really liked because they were perfect for heel hooking!

As far as music goes, I guess I am an old school punk rocker who likes a lot of different stuff. My favorite band is the Clash and I love rage against the machine and system of a down. I also love Neil Young, Ani DiFranco and Bob Marley.... Come to think of it, I guess I like music that makes me want to start a revolution or something

:lol:

sroehlk

Jun 3, 2003, 10:28 PM
Post #8 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shoes - For longer routes and all-day deals I prefer my lace-ups (5.10 diamonds that have resoled once) and for short routes and bouldering I wear slippers (5.10 moccasyms). I really want a new pair of shoes, but I don't NEED them. :? It's frustrating being responsible.

Music - I pretty much like everything! Rock, acoustic, house, trance, country, jazz, new age... Right now I have a nice mix in my car - James Taylor, Pete Yorn, Incubus, Unwritten Law, AFI, Enya, K's Choice, Cranberries, and a lot more.

katydid

Jun 4, 2003, 12:40 PM
Post #9 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My feet are very, very narrow, so I have to wear lace-ups. Slippers won't tighten down enough for me.

As to music, anything from Rammstein to Benny Goodman to Guadalcanal Diary to Tom Waits to ... well, you get the idea. Usually not classical or jazz (other than swing) if I'm amping up to climb, but a little Stan Getz afterward or opera when I'm heading into the mountains hits the CD player occasionally.

k.

footoo

Jun 4, 2003, 10:10 PM
Post #10 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love my old Scarpa Dominators they have holes in the toes, but they fit so good. I also have a pair of five-ten slippers their so tight, but they have to be so they don't fall off my feet. I never wear them, but my partner loves them.

As far a music I love Eminem I know, what everyones thinking WHY? I think he's cute I think I have some kind of strange school girl crush on him.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 9, 2003, 3:09 PM
Post #11 of 12 (2282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i would have to opine that laceups are the way to go if you're looking for control: you can the toe box and loosen the mid portion, or vice versa, or any combination thereof.

music? hmmm ... i'm an old guy, so mostly it'll be classic rock: aerosmith, stones, bad company, led zeppelin, etc.; throw in some acid jazz, a bit of bluegrass, and classical such as bach, schubert or wagner, and i'm a happy pup.

climbs4fun

Jun 10, 2003, 3:13 AM
Post #12 of 12 (2285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Katydid, my feet are also extremely narrow and nothing tightened enough until I tried the 5.20 zlippers. LOVE THEM!!!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook