RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

froggy

Jan 11, 2002, 9:32 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1385 views)
Shortcut

Got Motivation?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Isnt it strange when one day everything seems so do-able and the next it's like climbing with weights hanging from your ankles.
Does anyone have a good way to continue to climb the same day in and day out?
Or does everyone have a couple good days and then a 'I suck' day?

rck_climber

Jan 11, 2002, 9:47 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1385 views)
Shortcut

Got Motivation? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah, yes, a famous quandry...

I climb as often as possible, which is quite a bit (thanks to a great, understanding wife) and I find myself in that very position from time to time.

It's not that my motivation dies, for I love to climb. But, it just seems that I've got good days and bad days. For example, my partner and I were having an incredible day where all of our favorites just seemed so easy and we were really pushing the limits (5.11- stuff for us). Then, a couple days later (our next outing), we both got our tails kicked by an easy 5.7 that we've both done a million times.

Luckily, I don't have alot of these "off" days, but when they come, I find my self thinking, "I should have never gotten out of bed today!" .

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean.

Mick

vaness

Jan 12, 2002, 12:55 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1385 views)
Shortcut

Got Motivation? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i know what you mean. somedays i just suck..i can go to the gym prepared to get beat on a climb then i do it eaisly. then other days i cant even do a 5.8... i dont let it get to me too much though just try to forget about those days. i just dont climb as much as i usully do on the i suck days cuz i dont want to make myself mad for not being able to do anything

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook