RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

givemeshorebreak

Jul 8, 2003, 10:38 PM
Post #1 of 3 (947 views)
Shortcut

The first time is always the most memorable
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, I did it. I researched it and read all the information posts in this forum and I went out and bought myself 100' of 1" webbing. I set up my first slackline in between two 6x6 posts I have supporting my patio roof. It worked pretty well and the line was about 25' long. I was so stoked that all the information I got from this site was correct and very helpful. So I got on the line my first few times using a wall as a little support. I loved trying to balance on the line in my bare feet and just stand for a while to steady myself and then take a few steps. I guess I will be out there every day now for a while until i can walk it back and forth comfortably and then start trying the tricks.
I guess all I want to say is Thanks a lot for all the very informative links and supportive attitude from all the slackers here.
One question that probably all newbies ask...The line tends to get pretty wobbly when I first start applying weight and then gets steady after I am on it. Is there an easy way to get on the line sans wall support? I guess it just takes a lot of practice but I was wondering if there are any techniques such as body positioning that have helped others with first mounting the line?
thanks for any info.

justuspr

Jul 9, 2003, 4:55 AM
Post #2 of 3 (947 views)
Shortcut

Re: The first time is always the most memorable [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The way I conquered the wobble is to put my down leg right up against the line so that it can't wobble both ways... this doesn't completely get rid of the wobble but it makes it managable. Then you just move your down foot up and on in one motion. It takes a few tries but it gets easier and easier.

zacrobinson

Jul 10, 2003, 8:28 PM
Post #3 of 3 (947 views)
Shortcut

Re: The first time is always the most memorable [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah it gets alot easier with practice. The wobble will be barley noticeable after you can walk the line and such. Good luck!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook