Premier Sponsor:

sushislayer

Jun 13, 2003, 6:57 PM
Post #1 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

A warning.....
Report this Post
Can't Post

Or information on revenge tactics, depending on how one looks at it.

DO NOT ever let someone leave a "Naked" protein drink in your car! My girlfriend bought one, didn't like it and put it on the floor. It rolled under the seat. She forgot about it. It was in my VW Cabriolet that I don't really drive too much - only when it's sunny. SO, in the garage it sat for about 2 weeks and during that time, the drink fermented, exploded, sprayed it's vile payload all over under the seat and onto the floor and up onto the door, soaking the carpet and door panel with the most vile, foulest-smelling crap I've ever smelled. :shock: I have spent over an hour working on getting that sh*t out of my car but to no avail. The stuff has turned to a hard substance that is like cement (the parts that dried). I'm about ready to set it on fire and call my insurance company!! Has anyone smelled a rotting rodent? It smells so bad, I wish I could find a rotting rat just so I can smell something else.

Any ideas on how I could go about cleaning this crap? :cry: :cry: :cry:

curt

Jun 13, 2003, 7:04 PM
Post #2 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Re: A warning..... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sounds to me like you are in the market for a new car, or girlfriend. Perhaps both. Hehe.

Curt

stewbabby

Jun 13, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #3 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

laugh if you want, but there is a product call kaboom or something like that. It is made by the same folks that make oxyclean. (yeah yeah, the stuff from the infomercials) But the stuff really works. Im not sure what the effects would be on carpet, but it may be worth a try.

Coming from a claims adjuster: dont ever burn a car if you are trying to make a claim with an insurance co. Its too easy for us to prove arson. Just go dump the damn thing in an abandoned rock quarry and say it was stolen. keep it simple.

*this is a joke. I am not advocating insurance fraud. If anyone does it they are stupid.

stewart

salathiel

Jun 13, 2003, 7:39 PM
Post #4 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have no advice but a similar story:

When my parents married some of my Dad's buddies put shrimp in the glove compartmant of his car expecting him to drive it to their honeymoon. My father however borrowed his brother in law's caddy and went away for two weeks of romance while the shrimp were fermenting in the Florida sun.

He had to sell the car and still cannot eat shrimp to this day.

sushislayer

Jun 13, 2003, 7:44 PM
Post #5 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Curt: The girl's a keeper, just forgetful, I guess. You interested in a Cabriolet? Sorry, no delivery....lol

Stew: Cool, I'll try the Kaboom. I've seen that in the purple bottle. I remember because I thought the name was so funny. Also, for the record, I'm not seriously considering insurance fraud. My father's in insurance too for State Farm, incidentally.

Salathiel: Damn I bet that smelled to no end!! I can just imagine, coming out of the hotel and wondering, "Why the hell are all those cats crawling all over my car?"

krustyklimber

Jun 13, 2003, 7:56 PM
Post #6 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow,

Bad news dude...

Krustykutie says "shaving creme!"

It has antiseptic properties, emolients (to soften the cement) and a mechanical effect "lifting" the stuff out of the fabric and carpet.

Start out pushing the can's tip deep into the carpet and squirting it in there... then work it around well as it rises.
After the foaming action subsides wipe up as much as you can with a damp towel.
You may need repeated applications to remove all the material left behind, but once you're finished just let it dry and brush and vacuum away and residue from the carpet.

Best of luck, if you are going to burn it down, don't forget to part it out, like it was stolen and stripped! ;)

I set some rat traps, I hope I can help you out... I'll mail it, it should be ripe when it get's there!!! LOL :D

Jeff http://pages.prodigy.net/.../emoticons/wave1.gif

bakedjake

Jun 13, 2003, 9:18 PM
Post #7 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i work for a corporate car service and occasionally one of the passengers will throw up in their cars. they bring it to an experienced auto detailer who for $50.00 gets the thing smelling squeeky clean

smiley

Jun 13, 2003, 10:22 PM
Post #8 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I'd scrub it using a gallon of water, 1 Tablespoon of bleach and some mild soap. The bleach should be insignificant enough to preserve the color of your carpeting, but enough to kill the bacteria that are causing the odor. Test it first in an inconspicuous spot. Increase it or repeat if necessary. My good buddy had a habit of leaving the passenger side window open in the rain, in the summer. Eventually I had to keep tabs, keep an eye on the window. Made a moldy smell. Grrrr.

sushislayer

Jun 14, 2003, 4:20 AM
Post #9 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, thanks for all the advice guys! I'll try the shaving cream one then move on to the bleach one if the cream doesn't work.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'll look into a detailer but damn, $50.00? How many beers is that? :lol:

cerikpete

Jun 14, 2003, 1:12 PM
Post #10 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Another thing I heard (for gas spills in cars) is that coffee grinds actually absorb the odor.

Dunno if that'll work in this situation, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

thomasribiere

Jun 15, 2003, 1:37 PM
Post #11 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
coffee grinds actually absorb the odor

when I was a teenager and I used to smoke cigarettes away from my parents, I chewed right after some coffee beans to kill the cigarette breath, and it worked... for the breath

overlord

Jun 16, 2003, 8:03 AM
Post #12 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

also works on breath: lemon

ditto on shaving cream. i watched a TV show about a guy cleaning this really old car. with shaving cream. it worked like a charm. but that was on TV...

krustykutie

Jul 9, 2003, 7:15 PM
Post #13 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I haven't posted here for a long time, but I was curious... (and Jeff said I'd lose my screenname if I didn't post soon, like his brother and nephew did... sure looks different)

Sushi,

How did it go? Is the smell gone now?

At least it's been nice here, this summer so you can ride with the top down. That must be nice!

Shelly http://pages.prodigy.net/...emoticons/wiggle.gif

mojorisin

Jul 9, 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #14 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
coffee grinds actually absorb the odor

when I was a teenager and I used to smoke cigarettes away from my parents, I chewed right after some coffee beans to kill the cigarette breath, and it worked... for the breath

He quit smoking but drinks 25 cups of coffee a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bustin ya ,Hey sushi, the KABOOM does work. I have a similar story of a cod fish that was put in a car for a week in the sun, :shock: :shock: :shock: when the guy opened it up he passed out :oops: :oops: :x (for real) after a week of no luck a girl he knew tried that stuff and there is no smell left.

They never did find out who put the cod in there. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Good luck.

vagtobe

Jul 10, 2003, 11:50 AM
Post #15 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This near some thing happened to us when me and the folks left for 4 days to do this big hike, we left a plastic bottle of hommade fruit smoothie in a smaller cooler bag on the floor in the kitchen. When we came home there was this smoothie paste over near every wall inthe kitchen. The thing had actually blown open the cooler bag. The bottle looker like someone shot it with a 12 gauge, I'm just glad I wasn't standing next to it when it happened.

sushislayer

Jul 10, 2003, 6:24 PM
Post #16 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, the update on the smell. It's still there. I tried the shaving cream well, gel maybe I need to get the cream stuff. I tried the Kaboom which seemed to work but then the smell returned. I tried this enzyme stuff that the guy at the store recommended that smelled like Juicy Fruit gum now it smells like Juicy Fruit and barf. I've left the windows open for the better part of a month. Nobody has tried to steal it yet (I wonder why...?)

I'm about to try the bleach thing but I want to wait until I'm sure all the other stuff has dried, lest I make some noxious fumes or something!

I'll let you know how it goes....

Partner phaedrus

Jul 10, 2003, 6:30 PM
Post #17 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry had that B.O. smell in his BMW.... :lol:

knuckles

Jul 10, 2003, 8:51 PM
Post #18 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know 2 fishermen that are engaged in a "battle of the smells". The one guy left a bag of squid bait in a compartment of the other guy's boat, completely by accident... after a week in the sun under a boat tarp the smell was unbelievable. This led to an argument, which led to week old squid left hidden in someone's pickup, and has continued on for most of a year now... including a potentially Christmas ruining dummy present left under the tree, saved only by the alert nose of a dog.

This naked juice information would be terrible for someone, say a third party, to pass along... if that someone's is doing it just for entertainment value.

The great Bugs Bunny once said, "Aint I a stinker."

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook