RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

bspisak

Jul 14, 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1593 views)
Shortcut

Access Fund and Cave Rock
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd be interested in hearing from the Access Fund on the Cave Rock issue. Why, after the release of the first draft management plan (where the preferred alternative was basically status quo), was the followup plan so radically different? Where did the negotiations break down? Other than writing letters (which are a matter of record) what face to face meetings or other methods did the access fund take to preserve climbing at this area? What is being done now in light of the final decision?

Please, if you are not associated with the access fund, don't bother commenting.... there are other threads on Cave Rock for this purpose.

I really would like to hear from the organization about this issue. I've written directly to the access fund and have recieved no answer. I've been a paying member for many years, but recently with seemingly loss after loss of access to climbing....

I've seen the position statements and the similar press release here on the this sight. How about some more personal interaction? Paul Minault, are you out there? I can't believe that a climber advocate organization can't talk personably about this issue to other climbers. To hell with who else might be listening. What's going on?

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook