RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

allan_thomson

Jul 18, 2003, 8:32 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Substitues for slacklining.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Could you use anything else for slacklining, other than your climbing rope? I ask this, cos I don't want to wreck mine, but like the sound of it. Of course I would do it a bit higher than a few feet off the ground.........

trad_man

Jul 19, 2003, 4:10 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Re: Substitues for slacklining. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, yea if you used the rope you use for climbing it COULD/WOULD mess it up bad style to the maximile! but if its just an old rope that you dont use any longer i dont see why not, i just use webbing i bought for my line pretty cheap and not as harsh on your bare feet. As for you setting it up high...hope you know what you doing. i dont know if your gonna set it up 5 feet or 15 feet but i wont go in that topic dont know much bout it, mines only 4 feet off the ground
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...p.cgi?Detailed=15699 im sure youv prolly seen it on this site...but im so proud of it ** sniff sniff ** :wink:

givemeshorebreak

Jul 22, 2003, 6:13 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1300 views)
Shortcut

Re: Substitues for slacklining. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

A majority of all the slacklines i've seen and heard people talk about are 1" tubular webbing. Usually costs between 20 and 30 cents a foot. Easy on the feet and if you are first starting probably a bit easier than using a climbing rope due to more foot to webbing surface contact.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook