Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
2 Unlisted routes on the Stream Wall ?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

chalkyfingers

Jul 20, 2003, 9:40 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1158 views)
Shortcut

2 Unlisted routes on the Stream Wall ?  (North_America: United_States: California: Los_Angeles_County: Williamson_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There are 2 routes to the left of Quickie on the Stream Wall that do not appear in my Mayr & Sweeney pocket guidebook. The first one, adjacent to Quickie, is very short with only 3 bolts. It seemed like it was about 5.5. The second was longer, having 8 (closely-spaced) bolts, and a helluva reach at the top to thread the rings. I would put it at a 5.6. Does anyone know the names of these routes, or whether they have established difficulty grades?

tripperjm

Jul 21, 2003, 5:04 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1158 views)
Shortcut

Re: 2 Unlisted routes on the Stream Wall ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

There are more than a dozen new routes at Willy, that are not in the guide. Most of them are in the more difficult to expert range with those two being easy routes. The routes your asking about, were put up by Kibum and his wife Lynne. He told me the names and grades, I just don't remember them now. Korean food names and the grades you thought, are about right. I did give the route info to Troy so they will be in the next updated guide, when ever that is. If it is important and you train at the wla gym, ask Kibum, he's there quite a bit, just ask around for him, he's known and quite friendly. If you pm me, I will give you his e-mail address

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook