Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dirtineye

Jul 26, 2003, 1:28 PM
Post #51 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Re: Dirt Barbie Tshirt [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

LOL, can't I go climbing for a few days?

THe shirt idea is progressing. Here are thedetails:

We can't use Barbie, cause that name is trademarked! We are thinking about "Dirt Barbi:, or Trad Tracy, or something else.

there will be a picture of a girl climbing trad on the front. I have been informed that girld do not care about the back of tshirts like guys do, so the art will be only on the front.

It will be a fitted girls Tshirt. (these cost more than the plain old kind, but all you girls seem to want them, and it really would look better that way)

The first color will be pink (they call that cotton candy these days LOL).

Artwork is in progress. I will post it when I get it LOL. My artist works at snail speed, but she is very good, professional, we have worked on the Southeastern climber coalition logos and tshirts and whatever she comes up with will be great, but you can see for yourself whe we post it.

We will have small medium and large.

The shirts will be professionally made.

When the artwork is done, I will post an address for orders. The price will probably be 20-25 bucks plus shipping, with the final price depending on how nice the shirt we use is, cause the better shirts cost more.

Partner caligrrl

Jul 26, 2003, 6:34 PM
Post #52 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That is awesome!! Thanks so much for doing this!

Any chance we can pay via PayPal?

:) Cali

xcaliclimber

Jul 26, 2003, 8:56 PM
Post #53 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So far, I will take a Medium. This is such a great idea. I vote for Dirt Barbi

climbingbetty22

Jul 27, 2003, 2:49 AM
Post #54 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, this is such a fun idea! I so want one! I'm not a huge pink fan, but if we're going to be proud of being chicks, I say pink will just underscore that statement. I think we should start a whole line of climbing chick oriented clothing. Put some of caligirl's shirts into production, especially the "My rack is bigger than yours" shirt! There's a company in New York, Rock Star clothing I believe, that makes climbing t-shirts. They do a great job, they make the tees for the shop out in J-tree, they may want to take up the cause and make some neat shirts and then chicks all over can have cool shirts too.
Oh and I really like the Big Wall Betty idea too, I think that was alpinelinx who suggested that one.

I'll take a medium...hey dirtineye, you gonna give me a VIP discount? :lol: hehe

enigma

Jul 27, 2003, 3:39 AM
Post #55 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
LOL, can't I go climbing for a few days?

THe shirt idea is progressing. Here are thedetails:

It will be a fitted girls Tshirt. (these cost more than the plain old kind, but all you girls seem to want them, and it really would look better that way)
The shirts will be professionally made.

When the artwork is done, I will post an address for orders. The price will probably be 20-25 bucks plus shipping, with the final price depending on how nice the shirt we use is, cause the better shirts cost more.

I think that's an awful lot of money for a tee shirt, professionally done sold through the mail . :shock:
I bought a shirt a josh, professionally done,silkscreened 100% cotton , drawings on both back and front,tank top for 10dollars.
I think the price shouldn't be more than 15 dollars for what you are talking about.
This isn't a way to buy a whole new rack is it?????
:roll:
Not every climber girl is rich, be a little more sincere and try to see this as a good karma gesture. Not a way to make alot of money. :idea:

dirtineye

Jul 28, 2003, 2:41 AM
Post #56 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I could buy as many as the people at Josh can and sit on the inventory, the price would be lower. IF you want to buy 500, we can get a deal too.

Womens T's are not cheap, and the one I am looking at is nice.

$25 would be the max, and include shipping

To quote the printer, "buying in lots of 100 sucks for price."

I don't need a new rack, I need a girl friend LOL. NOT The kind you have to pay for either! :P

sroehlk

Jul 28, 2003, 1:44 PM
Post #57 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the new info! Can't wait to see the artwork!

granite_grrl

Jul 28, 2003, 7:42 PM
Post #58 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
$25 would be the max, and include shipping

How will you price them those of us outside of the USA?

In my past experiance the shipping to outside countries from websites has been so much more money that I have never bought anything off an american website, and let's face it most of the websites that I'll frequent are american.

kcrag

Jul 28, 2003, 8:54 PM
Post #59 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
We can't use Barbie, cause that name is trademarked! We are thinking about "Dirt Barbi:, or Trad Tracy, or something else.

there will be a picture of a girl climbing trad on the front. I have been informed that girld do not care about the back of tshirts like guys do, so the art will be only on the front.

dirtineye,

yes, 'Barbie' is trademarked, but even using 'dirtbarbi' would probably still be an infringement because of phonetics (and it is still referring to the concept of a Barbie doll). I'm certainly no patent lawyer, but that's just my 2 cents. I still vote for dirtbarbie, though!!!

also, I'd vote for the title/logo written small on the front top corner, with the artwork on the back. personally, i prefer artwork on the BACK of my t's. check out the chicks with picks t-shirt at http://www.chickswithpicks.net/merch.htm. I love that shirt!

thanks! -kelly.

calliope

Jul 29, 2003, 2:48 AM
Post #60 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If we're really doing this, I'm so in. So long as it's a tank or something I could actually wear. Size Medium unless it's an actual T and then a small.

iamthewallress

Jul 29, 2003, 2:52 AM
Post #61 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Chicks w/ Picks tee w/ Shameless Betty smoking the ice screw as she blazed trail in her covertable was almost enough to make me want to climb in the cold! Thanks for posting those!

dirtineye

Jul 29, 2003, 4:06 AM
Post #62 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, the name barbi is not trade marked, and the art will not look like barbi, and anyway there are people walking around named barbi.

I'll ask my lawyer pals about it.

Gee, mailing out of the states, I don't know, is it really so hard to do business with Canada? I just ordered something from Australia, it was heavy and it cost 25 bucks shipping, DOH! Maybe you should just visit the US!

I'm still waiting for some artwork from my snail-like artist friend. She is famous for being slow and going east when she should go west to get to a new climbing area lOL, but she is a darned good artist so it will be worth the wait.

Thanks to grigriese for suggesting a possibly cheaper place to get women's Tshirts.

To everyone who is interested: This will take a little more time to get right, but it sure seems like a lot of women want this shirt, so I'm seeing it through to the end.

badluckmermaid

Jul 30, 2003, 11:19 PM
Post #63 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm in! i'm in!

liking the babydoll tee style. white's good, not all the girls seem to be in for pink.
medium, i suppose..

ladsquared

Jul 31, 2003, 3:44 PM
Post #64 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude!!! this is an AWESOME idea!!!
i even like the color pink! count me in for a MED t-shirt
would there be a long-sleeve shirt available?

corpse

Aug 4, 2003, 3:15 AM
Post #65 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How about kids sizes? I've got a 9 and 6 yr old - they are TOTALLY dirt barbies.. Both climbers - one is the gardener, the other (the 6 yr old) is like the croc hunter, except she hunts and captures bumble bees and wasps! :-O

turockgirl

Aug 4, 2003, 4:52 PM
Post #66 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Awesome!! Sounds great....but I wish I could see at least a sketch before I commit...its quite a bit of money for a shirt, but don't totally count me out!

dirtineye

Aug 4, 2003, 5:53 PM
Post #67 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Still waiting on the art, gotta build a fire under that girl. Looking for a cheaper women's shirt...

maculated

Aug 4, 2003, 6:30 PM
Post #68 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

99dogs.com,

I am telling you, man.

oceannas

Aug 4, 2003, 10:22 PM
Post #69 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW! that's so much a good idea. Im gonna make Barbie publicity in Canada! I hope your idea is gonna work. I would like a medium or even a small...depending. Thanks for your good idea!

:o

orangesand

Aug 5, 2003, 6:56 PM
Post #70 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I need to know, If I am only a wet nap barbie, in training to be a dust barbie, does that put me too low on the evolutionary scale to get one of the shirts? :?
Also, I like the idea of the kids shirts. I have two little girls. both of them are on there way to kick my patootie.
Cant wait to hear more about the design. I like the pink babydoll capsleeve!

Partner sauron

Aug 5, 2003, 7:16 PM
Post #71 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
99dogs.com,

I am telling you, man.

There's also www.cafepress.com, which is what rc.com uses for some of it's shirt sales.

- d.

mreardon

Aug 5, 2003, 7:28 PM
Post #72 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, the name barbi is not trade marked, and the art will not look like barbi, and anyway there are people walking around named barbi.

I'll ask my lawyer pals about it.

Feel free to ask your pals, but in the meantime, here's my two cents on it. Doing a couple basic searches, there is no trademark or copyright per se that you will infringe on with the word "Barbi". However, there are plenty of similar names that have their copyrights, patents, and trademarks that you want to make sure you don't imitate too closely (ie. Barbie dolls, Barbie Twins, etc.). As long as you aren't doing that, then don't worry about the infringement. Of course Mattel is fierce about image and battles on intellectual property tend to be more "my lawyer can beat up your lawyer", where cash is king (check out the Winnie the Pooh battle between the rights holders and Disney as an example - 12 years and still going strong).

Even if they do come after you, the first thing that will happen is a cease and desist letter, which you can respond accordingly (or ignore), or claim that you are merely creating a parody for which they will have a tough time arguing.

Now that you know the risks. IMHO, make the shirts and have fun. And consider "Trad Tracy" as an alternate if the letter ever arrives in the mail :D

Partner sauron

Aug 5, 2003, 11:45 PM
Post #73 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
And consider "Trad Tracy" as an alternate if the letter ever arrives in the mail :D

I kind of like "Trad Tracy"...

- d.

fin

Aug 6, 2003, 12:14 AM
Post #74 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hell yeah.. i'm a little late.. (been out in this so-so weather here.. ok well in illinois) this sounds like a great idea.. med for me. (like everyone else is saying if it's an actual tshirt then small) pink is cool.. just because it goes with the whole girl thing. even tho i am a big tomboy but sounds awesome. i'd like a T though. THANKS! have fun with that! sounds awesome

climbhigher

Aug 6, 2003, 2:51 AM
Post #75 of 82 (3916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WOW!!! Kickass!!! You have something going here. I know lots of girls who would love a dirtbag barbie t-shirt. Give me a couple of smalls. They would be great presents. I might even wear one. CHEERS

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook