Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

tori

Jul 28, 2003, 12:30 AM
Post #26 of 28 (1958 views)
Shortcut

Re: a B-52?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ok, just a little side note to add to the already long B-52 discussion. I've used it both indoors and out, loved the feeding action and locking action with 10.5 and under. One "defect" or poor engineering that I discoverd is that the keeper cable is NOT swaged into the device, only glued in. I've already had to return one to TRANGO for replacement because the keeper cable fell out, and this device was not put under abusive use.

FYI

Chris

yep, my keeper cable came out after 4 months of regular use. the day it broke i used a regular BD ATC and enjoyed it so much i returned the broken B-52 and got a regular old ATC. the ATC feeds much smoother with the 10.5 ropes we always use. the autoblocking was nice, but my partner always brings his grigri when we are going to be doing that much multipich anyway. i was a big fan of the 52, and did not like having the cable come out. it is sort of a minor thing, but quality control in climbing gear should be "Bomber." :wink:

nthusiastj

Jul 28, 2003, 2:27 AM
Post #27 of 28 (1958 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like my B-52 ok. It doesn't feed out thick ropes well. It also seems to catch a little when beginning a rappel. Not quite as smooth as an ATC. But it has some good stopping power! All in all, I like it.

reno

Aug 3, 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #28 of 28 (1958 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Having just bought a B-52, I was intrigued about the ability to use it as an emergency ascender...

Anyone tried this?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook