RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

enigma

Aug 4, 2003, 6:15 AM
Post #1 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Your Best Climbing Day This Year!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm sure we all have many good days but where and when was your best and details you'd like to share.

Mine was climbing recently in Tuolumne Meadows, things seemed to click on all the multi-pitches and I had the best time, just a few weeks ago. 8)

fanederhand

Aug 4, 2003, 10:37 AM
Post #2 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Re: Your Best Climbing Day This Year!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gosh so many to chose from. Lets see, the most recent was two weekends ago when I climbed at Sunset Park near Chattanooga, TN. I lead a"A Sense of Adventure" The route had everything, chimney climbing, crack climbing, roof climbing and face climbing. all on one 50 to 60 foot climb!! I was having a good day and just found the right moves and right pro placement. My partners could not get up it so I had to climb it a second time to clean it. I had the route wired!! I could not believe it. Just one of those days and the perfect route that just made you feel good to be out climbing, and when you got through with it you want to climb some more because you have that wonderful climbers high. The second one I would like to mention here was a climb in June 03 that I did with my son. It was at the City of Rocks, Idaho. It was early in the morning on a beautiful cloudless blue sky day. The temperature was perfect, not to cold and not to hot, nice dry western climate. I lead Morning Glory Spire's "Skyline" route and my son seconded me. We both enjoyed the climb and as we were on top together we were basking in the sun and praising each other and God for such a beautiful day and experience.

desertclimber

Aug 4, 2003, 1:36 PM
Post #3 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thailand... On the beach... Warm sunny day in February... Humanality (5p, 6b+)... With my bestest friend... Sunset across the bay... Tasty mango shake afterwards...

*grin*

vegastradguy

Aug 4, 2003, 4:48 PM
Post #4 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This year, probably would be either when we climbed Royal Arches or Nutcracker. Both were stellar days, everything was clicking for me on lead, my partner was totally dialed in...just everything was perfect, along with the climbs!

And, since Nutcracker was the last climb I've done (way back in mid-June), I'm glad it was a good one, since I havent been able to get out at all!!! :x

Partner sauron

Aug 4, 2003, 4:51 PM
Post #5 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Joshua Tree, January 2003.

- d.

alpinerockfiend

Aug 4, 2003, 11:17 PM
Post #6 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Late July on the Direct South Ridge of Nez Perce here in the Tetons. As close to a perfect alpine climb as I've ever had. But really thinking about it, every day has had something special to offer.

maculated

Aug 4, 2003, 11:22 PM
Post #7 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So many, so many . . .

I think it has to be when my friend Dave and I went down to Joshua Tree shortly after all this terrible stuff happened to me in real life and I was moving out of Mammoth (dog died, guy broke into my house and felt me up while I was sleeping . . .). I went down to meet with my old climbing partner from college but he was too preoccupied to be of any use.

We finally ditched him on the last day and went over to Hemmingway Buttress and did some climbs in the guide, but not with any stars on them, and Dave led White Lightning. It was awesome letting it all go and climbing a route with no stars that ended up being fun, and returning to an old classic to watch my buddy hammer out his fears and do a beautiful job leading.

We also really got to know eachother over the weekend, he had always been a 'friend of a friend' until that point. I'm a social climber, what can I say?

chitlinsconcarne

Aug 4, 2003, 11:35 PM
Post #8 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Best so far this year: escaping the summer heat to a new alpine crag. Spent a beautiful day climbing clean crack and face lines above a stellar view. Left the whole place as we found it..no bolts, anchors, not even chalk marks so the next comers can discover the place for themselves just like we did. Finished off the day with an incredibly refreshing (read: frigid) dip in the local pond. Great fun!

moabbeth

Aug 5, 2003, 3:35 AM
Post #9 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Central Pillar of Frenzy last June. Been wanting to climb it before I'd even been to the valley. Woke up one Sunday and wandered over to the Camp 4 board. 15 seconds later a nice guy named Tony came along asking if I was looking for a partner for the day. Yes I was. Then he asked what I was looking to climb and I said CP of Frenzy and he said "me too." Then I told him I'd be happier cleaning than leading since I hadn't done a long Yos climb yet, he said great - he'd been wanting to lead the whole thing. Got there and only one party was ahead of us. At the time we launched the sun just went behind the rock so it was cool and perfect temp wise.

Great partner, great route, and I was so high on life at that point that it was also the best I've ever climbed. Had a smile on my face the entire route.

Gotta love those random days when it all just comes together perfectly.

sbclimber

Aug 5, 2003, 5:31 AM
Post #10 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just sent my first 11a last weekend at firecrags in santa barbara. "Grib dat hole" was short (five bolts) but really exhilerating for me. It took me about five tries before I got the redpoint, but it was great when I got it. Hands down the best time I've had this year.

jcarls

Aug 5, 2003, 11:19 AM
Post #11 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well it will have to be 2 weeks from now when i was in Gorges du Verdon in france, i made my first route in the Verdon valley: Wide is love, it was a 6a that i onsited, not hard but it was the best climbing experience i ever had, hanging 240-250m high up on that BEAUTIFUL wall was just incredible.

I really love verdon, there aint too many places you can climb cleen vertical 250m bolted routes in such a beautiful landscape...
Before i went to verdon i thought i never would find any point of climbing higher than 25-30m...

(Verdon also has short sportroutes thank god.. haha, where else to train..)

Oh almost Forgot!!! I saw Patric Edlinger on a local bar the same day!

blueeyedclimber

Aug 5, 2003, 4:27 PM
Post #12 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have not had a very good summer climbing-wise. All the rain in the beginning and then two ankle injuries have limited it. I would have to say my best day was a full day up in Rumney, NH back in April. Alot of the climbs were still wet, but there was still plenty of options. At that point I did some of the hardest sport I have done and got some great pictures.

Josh

robbovius

Aug 5, 2003, 5:24 PM
Post #13 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dunno, my climbing season isn't over yet..

lemme get back to ya after the first snowfall.

bandycoot

Aug 5, 2003, 6:01 PM
Post #14 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My best climbing day is going to be the day I make it to the Needles this summer... :D

holmeslovesguinness

Aug 5, 2003, 6:13 PM
Post #15 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So far... climbing the Pear Buttress (great multi-pitch 5.8/9) at Lumpy in June, and my first trip to the Monastery last weekend (had a great time there), and climbing my first 'real' offwidth at Vedauwoo (Mother#1, 5.7) a couple of weeks ago. And...

angelaa

Aug 5, 2003, 9:02 PM
Post #16 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing Friday the 13th @ Vedauwoo, WY July 2003!!

rockmx

Aug 5, 2003, 9:47 PM
Post #17 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jan. 24-25-26 Caņon Tajo, Baja... I lead my fist 5.11

shnobe

Aug 5, 2003, 10:32 PM
Post #18 of 18 (2543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My best day was the 4th of March. A group of us were in Cala Gonone, Sardinia at the Budinetto area on some perfectly textured limestone sport routes in 75 degrees weather, And on the way home we got caught up in a street festival where the wine flowed freely. Great day! Not so great morning after.....

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook