Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

pemagetchel

Jul 11, 2003, 1:05 AM
Post #1 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Comfortable Sport Tops
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am having trouble finding cool and comfortable sport tops to climb in during these hot summer months. Any suggestions????

moabbeth

Jul 11, 2003, 2:44 AM
Post #2 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Re: Comfortable Sport Tops [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Have you tried some of the Prana tanks? They have built in sport bras for support. And they're comfy too.

aimeerose

Jul 11, 2003, 4:22 AM
Post #3 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Stonewear designs tops all the way! They're comfortable and super cute.

rockfool

Jul 11, 2003, 4:31 AM
Post #4 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah Prana are really nice sport tops, patagonia, the north face, and mammut have some nice ones too, go to rei, they carry prana, patagonia and north face.

Partner missedyno

Jul 11, 2003, 12:47 PM
Post #5 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you don't have money to burn, go to old navy. i picked up some great cotton sport tanks with the "built in support" for about $25CAD for two. wish i bought more...

sroehlk

Jul 11, 2003, 2:47 PM
Post #6 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
if you don't have money to burn, go to old navy. i picked up some great cotton sport tanks with the "built in support" for about $25CAD for two. wish i bought more...

I also got a few from Old Navy when they were on sale for $10 a few months back. I've also got a few from Target. I really love the Prana tanks, but they are a bit pricy. I've picked up a few at Miguels, because they sell them for about $10 cheaper than retail.

blackstripe

Jul 11, 2003, 3:01 PM
Post #7 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I really wish i could find comfortable sport tops, but i cant seem to find any that have enough support for a size 36C, if anyone knows any good sport tops that have good support (cause i would really hate to be bouncing around) i would really appreciate it!!!

rockwomyn

Jul 11, 2003, 3:38 PM
Post #8 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Aside from paying more than desired, i am all for stonewear designs and prana. Nice designs, super comfy with great support.

Check this out! Limited sizes and styles but a good deal!

http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/product.asp?item=410191&level3_id=0&level1_id=0&level2_id=0

http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/product.asp?item=410162&level3_id=0&level1_id=0&level2_id=0

http://www.mgear.com/pages/product/product.asp?item=410164&level3_id=0&level1_id=0&level2_id=0

:D

estherator

Jul 11, 2003, 5:02 PM
Post #9 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote="sroehlkI really love the Prana tanks, but they are a bit pricy. I've picked up a few at Miguels, because they sell them for about $10 cheaper than retail.
Miguel's? Is that a local store, online retailer?

Partner missedyno

Jul 11, 2003, 5:07 PM
Post #10 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[quote="sroehlkI really love the Prana tanks, but they are a bit pricy. I've picked up a few at Miguels, because they sell them for about $10 cheaper than retail.

Miguel's? Is that a local store, online retailer?
the main climber hang out at RRG - kentucky. i actually found their stuff still pricey, but i guess that was from converting it back up to the canadian dollar

iamthewallress

Jul 11, 2003, 5:50 PM
Post #11 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like the design of the stonewear stuff. They are cute and they stay in place while I climb. I've had a few problems with them though.

1. They fall apart quickly (especially the pants). They seem more suited to bouldering or the sport crags and not butt-sliding through the back country.

2. They are mostly cotton and stay wet for a long time when I get sweaty or rained on.

3. Their latest season's colors are sort of see-through and show a little more nipple than I'm comfortable showing. (Dang mail-order.)

Patagonia made a cute line of tops for people who are a C or bigger (not me). They have some all-synthetic tops, but they usually have more of that butch gym-teacher look going on than than I like.

Jade Sports has some cute nylon tops. They are more expensive than Stonewear though.

sroehlk

Jul 11, 2003, 7:06 PM
Post #12 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

crazylikeafawkes - Thanks for clarifying :D I should have been more specific. I loooooove Miguel's and RRG!!!

Some sites I keep my eyes on are the REI outlet and EMS. I normally get some good deals. Right now the EMS store by my house is going out of business so I'm getting some great deals! But I'll miss the place. :cry:

maculated

Jul 11, 2003, 7:50 PM
Post #13 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Miguel's is a pizza shack/climbing dig at the Red.

Prana tank tops are strangely supportive for their purpose for women of the large chestage. I'm 34D and they are almost good enough for running!

enigma

Jul 11, 2003, 8:04 PM
Post #14 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Miguel's is a pizza shack/climbing dig at the Red.

Prana tank tops are strangely supportive for their purpose for women of the large chestage. I'm 34D and they are almost good enough for running!

:shock: :roll:

climbinggirl33

Jul 12, 2003, 12:27 AM
Post #15 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The stuff here is pricey but top of the line:

http://athleta.com/

I often buy biking tops because the offer a tad more coverage and are usually made of quick dry fabrics . . .but in the cooler months agree that Stonewear design tops rock :D

jaylaka

Jul 13, 2003, 1:03 AM
Post #16 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i've got some nike tops (built in bra, thin straps, racerback design) that double for pilates and climbing. (but not running in any form, even for my 34A self!)

and some nike sleeveless quickdry tops in solid colors that i wear to run and climb in (with a sports bra underneath). i was able to get all that stuff at the factory store, so it was slightly less than normal.

i also have a prana sleeveless top and a northface top with a racerback design that i have worn into the ground.

cotton generally sucks with any kind of moisture, so i try to avoid it at all costs for climbing or any activity. (plus, for whatever reason, cotton tends to show dirt easier and they take forever to dry if you happen to get caught in the rain!)

jen

gretchino

Jul 14, 2003, 4:07 PM
Post #17 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have to agree with Fawks on the Old Navy tanks. I'm a fairly large chested gal and found these to be durable, supportive, and CHEAP! Like everyone else here, I love Prana tops they are just WAY too expensive. I've found some good one's at Target and Walmart (believe it or not) and for the flimsy see-through-ish ones, I double them up. Gives more support AND I can pretend that I'm starting a new trend. :wink:

watersprite

Jul 15, 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #18 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

$4.98???@!!!!!! they are on sale for $4.98!!!!`

winter

Jul 15, 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #19 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love lulu lemon tops but they are super pricey. The loop back ones are cool. They make long and short versions of all styles. You may be able to mail order them to the east or to the states. In USD they may not be that expensive. Other than that I like cheap ones from Zellers ect. I have no boobs so I dont' care about support, anything will do really.

Partner missedyno

Jul 16, 2003, 2:42 AM
Post #20 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i've got some nike tops (built in bra, thin straps, racerback design) that double for pilates and climbing.

how could i have forgotten? i have a nike top too. expensive stuff, but great to climb in. at first i wasn't sure because it was kind of fit loose "below the bust" area. now that it's hot out i'm grateful for the fit because the less material touching me the better :)

moabbeth

Jul 16, 2003, 4:29 AM
Post #21 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.shorelinemtn.com/store/products.asp?dept=140

For those of you looking for a good sale go to this link - Shoreline has a ton of ladies' Prana and Stonewear sport tops on sale. While the Mandala tops aren't the $15 I paid at their warehouse sale, they're at least down over $10 in price from what they were. The pants are on sale in the women's pants section as well if anyone's interested.

granite_grrl

Jul 16, 2003, 7:26 PM
Post #22 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a prana top, my boobs arn't flopping around, but I would never go running in it (I also show a lot of clevege with it, the built in bra in this particular shirt at least isn't made for bigger chests). I like my Stonewear shirts, the material is thicker and I feel I get more support (not good for running, but I love them for climbing), and I havn't felt that they're wearing out yet.

All three are cotton mixes, stay wet for a long time. But going cragging on a warm sunny day I don't care.

I also have a SheBeast shirt, it's for biking and has a beautiful bright design and wicks well.

I will also be checking out Old Navy this week to see if there still have any of their shirts left.

lazygirl

Aug 5, 2003, 8:11 PM
Post #23 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in tank tops with built in bras. I wear them climbing, to school, and to work. I have a few favorites and this is probably going to sound a little weird but check out Victoria's Secret during their sales. You can get really great tank tops with built in sports bras for $10. It's really great when you can get 4 tops for the price of one prana top, and, though, I really like my prana tops I tend to get really hot in them which doesn't happen in the one's from victoria's secret.

ecocliffchick

Aug 6, 2003, 6:29 PM
Post #24 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In terms of tops to keep cool in the warm summer months, I usually just wear worn out white t-shirts (typically they are the free shirts you get at comps.). They keep me from getting sunburned, reflect the sun, retain moisture so I don't get dehydrated - and I don't have to worry about ripping them or getting them filthy, 'cause they didn't cost anything. I just wear a normal bran underneath. You don't really need a sports bra for climbing, it's not like your running or bouncing alot!

iamthewallress

Aug 6, 2003, 7:52 PM
Post #25 of 31 (4291 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You don't really need a sports bra for climbing, it's not like your running or bouncing alot!

Maybe you larger chested gals don't have this problem, but I'm flat enough that when I lift my hands over my head a regular bra will ride right up over my chest. Still, I've got enough going on there to find it more comfortable to have the twins restrained for both climbing and especially descents.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook