RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

drunkenmonkey

Jun 6, 2003, 11:38 AM
Post #1 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Climbing partner for the fall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all

you all seem to be on fine form and i see the old arguments haven't died a death just yet...

I'm looking for a partner for Mescalito and the Trip this fall, my two American friends are bailing on our plans for the coming trip and i'm left with lots of enthusiasm but no one to hold my rope! Apparently women and jobs come first, (no one told me that!) :lol:

So if anyone is up to going up a wall as a two or a three with an Englishman let me know. i'm relatively new to this but managed on my last trip to tick 'The Prow' (4 days), Zodiac (4 days) and WFLT(18 Hrs).

you can PM me through the site, i haven't booked a flight yet so dates are reasonably flexible.

Take it easy

P :wink:

bluelip

Jun 6, 2003, 12:59 PM
Post #2 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing partner for the fall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Was the subject intended as a pun or omen? ;)

Mike Coles
'bluelip'

spiffdog

Jun 6, 2003, 6:16 PM
Post #3 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Was the subject intended as a pun or omen? ;)

Mike Coles
'bluelip'

Having climbed the tower with Patrick, I can assure you he won't fall on you. Good thing too, he's a gorilla. Make him carry the heavy stuff! In all seriousness, I highly recommend him, he's really competent and doesn't get all pissy when you spend 2.5 hours leading the fifth pitch of the tower at 4:30 in the morning. He may however, fall asleep on guano ledge.

-Spiff

melonhead

Jun 9, 2003, 6:46 PM
Post #4 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey P,
I might be in the valley full time soon. If i decide to do so, I'll let you know and you got yourself a partner.

Melon

drunkenmonkey

Jun 10, 2003, 9:29 AM
Post #5 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Melon

good to hear from you, i'm planning on being out there from the end of August to end Sept so if your still there i will say hello and we will see if we can get something sorted.

take it easy

P

melonhead

Jul 9, 2003, 8:28 PM
Post #6 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, cool. When I get exact dates, I'll let you know. Would love to hook up and go up something.

smithclimber

Jul 26, 2003, 7:39 PM
Post #7 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

I'm looking for a partner for Mescalito and the Trip this fall, my two American friends are bailing on our plans for the coming trip and i'm left with lots of enthusiasm but no one to hold my rope!

What are you talking about, I haven't bailed.

drunkenmonkey

Jul 28, 2003, 4:46 PM
Post #8 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey smithclimber

sorry about that, i got the impression from Steve that you had dissapeared off the face of the planet and got the jitters. I hear your well and in the valley, i sent you an e-mail but i'm unsure if it's the right address, it didn't bounce back so who knows.

I now have to bail on you i'm afraid, i've just changed jobs rather sharpish and all plans are on hold. Sorry if this is a problem. Hope you have a good time in the valley and life is treating you well. I'm now planning on a trip in May next year Moray, John and myself are all coming back so if your around it would be great to hook up with you.

Take it easy

P

passthepitonspete

Jul 28, 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #9 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geez. You're bailing? Wanker. I was going to invite you along. Tom and I can always use a third to help with cleaning and hauling [and changing CD's]

Anyone else interested? Climbing in a team of three is the most efficient way, for sure. The workload is split, leaving more time to drink coffee [and like beer too, eh?]

smithclimber

Jul 30, 2003, 4:16 AM
Post #10 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Out of curiousity, just what do you plan on climbing Pete? Moreover, just how many DAYS/WEEKS are you going to be on it?

drunkenmonkey

Jul 30, 2003, 2:27 PM
Post #11 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geez Pete that's not so polite, having just been made redundant i've had to can the trip for this year. However, fear not one and all i will be back, in full bumbling brit mode, shitting in a bag, on a cliff near you!

take it easy

P

passthepitonspete

Jul 30, 2003, 4:14 PM
Post #12 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wes,

I hope to solo Gulf Stream. It's a PDH route right of North America Wall and left of Iron Hawk. I reckon it'll take about 12 days, since I refuse to start climbing before noon, nor do any work after sunset. This was my original plan this spring, but since I found Bermuda Dunes to be longer and scarier than expected, I instead switched to soloing Lost In America instead, which proved to be a good choice. After another week on the wall, I couldn't wait to get off! Besides, I didn't think I could stand being scared for so long! [When I start feeling that way, it's time to head for home, which is precisely what I did]

Anyway, if Tom can make it, we might do Son of Heart. Perhaps some hottie options as well, we shall see.

Should be in Yos. mid-Sept to mid-to-late Oct.

climbhigher

Aug 6, 2003, 9:04 PM
Post #13 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Wes, This is Chris....From Zion and we talked breifly in Yosemite. What happend to you in the Valley???? I will be back in the valley in September until Thanksgiving. So if you are interested in doing something that would be great.
And Pete, It would be very interesting climbing with you. My partner and I are going to do the Nose in the orginal Royal Robbins, Tom Frost, Chuck Pratt style first week of September. That is sleep on every ledge and spend 6 days up there. So after that I will have lots of practice in climbing a wall in your style. Sending the Nose in a day is a goal of mine to. CHEERS

smithclimber

Aug 6, 2003, 10:22 PM
Post #14 of 14 (1759 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Chris,

I took off to Wyoming, Utah, and the eastern Sierra for a while (just as well, the rangers were starting to give me flack). Another guy in the Valley was going to check out the climbers festival in Lander, WY since he'd never been to it and his family was going to be in Yellowstone for several days after that. We took off from the Valley, spent a few days at the Lander festival climbing at Wild Iris and Sinks Canyon, then drove up to Ten Sleep Canyon for half a day's climbing to see how it was.
Next we drove to Yellowstone and spent time with his family, went on hikes, saw geysers.......

After his family went back home, we went south toward Salt Lake, stopping in the Tetons to climb the Grand. When we got to Salt Lake it was HOT but we checked out the BD facilities and climbed a little at American Fork. We were hoping to meet up with some girls in Provo (another story), but it didn't happen. We had planned on hitting up Maple Canyon before coming back to the Valley, but Adam got the serious itchin' to get back to the Valley so he called off going to Maple. I was bummed to be 1.5 hrs away from Maple and had to leave it for another time.

Anyway, when we got back to the eastern Sierra, he went back to the Valley and I decided to hang around here and climb with a friend who lives in June Lake (north of Mammoth). Been climbing at Clark Canyon, Bear Crag, and Tuolumne the past 10 days or so. I'll be heading back to the Valley pretty soon though. I'll catch back up with you in the ditch.

Cheers, Wes

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook