RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

xcaliclimber

Aug 12, 2003, 7:09 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

New harness
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a great women's harness (the brand and stuff has slipped my mind) but it is getting worn out. I'm looking for a comfortable all around harness for climbing trad, sport, everything.

estherator

Aug 12, 2003, 9:06 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Re: New harness [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the REI Evolution for women, and I like it. It's comfortably padded and has the adjustable leg loops...suits me just fine...

xcaliclimber

Aug 13, 2003, 3:29 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

maculated

Aug 13, 2003, 3:39 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One of the best, and most uneducated, purchases I made was getting my harness, which is an ArcTeryx Isis (I think) women's harness. Costly sucker but at the time my friend who didn't know squat said that I should get the women's one and that was the only one our gear shop had. Well padded, wide buckles, excellent construction.

It's lasted me two years with no obvious wear and I've done everything from sport to aid in it now.

granite_grrl

Aug 14, 2003, 7:23 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a Singing Rock Atlantis that I really like. Adjustable legs loops, lots of padding, very comfy. I keep saying that I should get a new harness (I now have more muscular legs and I gained a little weight), I just havn't found another one in my area that appeals to me. The Isis was pretty good, but I'd like the adjustable legs loops, I liked the Metolius 3D Freedom, but they don't sell around where I live anymore :(.

If I could read what the heck the size was that I have on my harness now I would just get one size bigger and get another Singing Rock. I'm going to do a harness search this fall, see about getting a new one for my B-day.

moabbeth

Aug 15, 2003, 4:14 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have an REI one, I hate the darn thing. It's never fit right, just a little too big in places - waist and leg loops in particular. It's especially bad on hanging belays, the leg loops cut off all the blood supply to my legs.

I've heard the Petzl harnesses are good - I've been wanting to get a Corax. Or the Ciconia (made especially for women). I've been meaning to try on one of them but never get around to it. Every time I go to A-16 or any climbing store I end up gravitating towards gear and end up buying other things :oops: .

How often should we replace harnesses anyway? I've had this REI one ever since I started climbing. It still holds up okay, it just sucks on long trad routes.

ecocliffchick

Aug 18, 2003, 5:44 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm having a hell of a time finding a new harness. I had a Petzl Bonnie, which was great, with a longer rise to fit women - though I had to buy two (one for the waist to fit, and one for the legs to fit). Now I can't find any that have detachable leg loops that I can switch up. I have a really tiny waist and huge thighs. I mean seriously my waist is the same size as one of my legs and adjustable leg loops just don't cut it. If anyone knows of a good, comfortable harness that I can get in extra small (waist) and extra large (legs) let me know!

gretchino

Aug 20, 2003, 6:17 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've heard the Petzl harnesses are good - I've been wanting to get a Corax. Or the Ciconia (made especially for women)

I have the Petzl Ciconia and really do like it....they only thing that I would change are the leg loops. They aren't adjustable. The Petzl Caladris pr Corax looks just like the Ciconia only with adjustable-loops. I haven't tried them, but they look really comfortable and are made with the same durability!

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook