RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

imnjerz

Sep 24, 2003, 8:10 PM
Post #1 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Big Boobs - You Must Be Happy :)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok, I just thought it would be fun to post here, since I'm new to the whole climbing community and typing away makes me look busy at work!

Anyway, I felt a little left out since there is only a thread giving shout outs to the small breasted among us. I figured there must be some gals like myself who deal with over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders, mono-boob and so on.

So ... has anyone out there found a good sports bra for C cup or larger? I've been using several different brands (north face, patagonia, nike), but they all deliver the same "shelf" effect.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

granite_grrl

Sep 24, 2003, 9:10 PM
Post #2 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Re: Big Boobs - You Must Be Happy :) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess some of the Champion bras will do a little seperation. Personally it seems to make the bras that much harder to fit, I'll just stick with the uniboob I really don't mind it too much. Sorry I couldn't be of much help to you with that.

I've heard a lot of women complain about the uniboob thing, is it really that much of an issue?

katydid

Sep 24, 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #3 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speedo. They actually have cups. I loooove mine.

k.

moabbeth

Sep 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #4 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a C too, it's hard to find a decent sports bra that doesn't cost a fortune. I've actually been wearing a cotton bra from VS that breathes well and is underwire so it's got support. Oddly enough it supports better than the sports bras I've found.

maculated

Sep 25, 2003, 2:07 AM
Post #5 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

D here (sometimes DD) and hands down, the Frog Bra from Title 9. Those suckers go nowhere. I had a thread going about this and finally found one.

Very nice. Me gusta mucho.

moabbeth

Sep 25, 2003, 3:40 AM
Post #6 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the Frog Bra from Title 9. Those suckers go nowhere. I had a thread going about this and finally found one.

Very nice. Me gusta mucho.

Thanks for the tip! I gotta look into that, I think I have one of their catalogues sitting around somewhere.

Partner missedyno

Sep 25, 2003, 12:40 PM
Post #7 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35226

check out the above thread....

mtngrl

Oct 11, 2003, 10:23 PM
Post #8 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, thanks for the info! I was stoked to see that all the links provided on the topic.

powerpuff

Oct 24, 2003, 3:25 PM
Post #9 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've danced my whole life and I have D cup boobs, so I consider myself the big boob bra expert (you try tap dancing your little heart out while your boobs bounce like a speed bag...not fun). In addition to minimizing movement, I also am big on trying to prevent sag (fighting gravity is kinda useless, I know, but hey, isn't that why we climb?). Best bra I've ever found for immobilization of the breasts is by Champion. It's a runner's bra, complete with a triple clasp back and adjustable straps, just like a regular bra. Actually manages to flatten, so you don't get a shelf, just a leaner looking profile. I don't recall the model name, but you can pick one up at any regular sporting goods store (e.g. Modell's or similar). They also make a nice racerback tank top with a built-in bra out of some funky microfiber like fabric that sucks everything in. You kinda have to struggle to put the damn thing on but it's worth it. Boobs don't move and it leaves you with nice cleaveage to boot (no, it doesn't look like a uniboob - I swear).

Hope this helps!

jsh

Oct 24, 2003, 5:11 PM
Post #10 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
D here (sometimes DD) and hands down, the Frog Bra from Title 9.

I'll have to try one.

I am a 34D/DD - which means that my torso isn't big, but my boobs are. My usual problem (aside from the monoboob - does the Frogbra have cups?) is that the band ends up around the bottom of my boobs, not my torso, after a while.

I think the problem is that most sports bras I've tried don't actually have enough volume in the cup - they just try to squeeze & flatten everything to the same diameter, which doesn't work when your chest is a 34 and your boob diameter 5 or 6 inches more than that.

And, is the Frogbra made of polypro / wicking material? Pet peeve #3 is cotton sports bras. Kinda makes the whole "tech fabric" thing pointless, when you're wearing a mass of wet cotton next to your skin.

Any more suggestions? (sorry for all the ranting)

bear

Nov 4, 2003, 5:22 AM
Post #11 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

athletics and breasts should be kept away from each other.
so here's my solution: i keep wearing my racing swimsuits for everything from swimming to skating to climbing.
i have the same problem with the band heading north...that is, if it isn't content to make a uniboob and stop there. swimsuits at least don't have the ride up problem imnjerz mentioned, and it keeps 'em smushed out of the way.
hopefully some of the other ladies' suggestions for brands will help, i'll have to try on a few and do some jumping jacks to judge performance before i buy. wish i could be one of those chicks who just needs a lined tank top.

imnjerz

Nov 4, 2003, 2:26 PM
Post #12 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just returned from a trip to Cali and stopped in at the Title 9 store in Berkeley. The saleswoman there suggested the frog bra and I tried it on - boy do those suckers flatten out!!!

Anyway, I've been using it pretty consistantly for both climbing and working out at the gym, doing everything from running to jumping jacks and jumping rope and feeling absolutely no bounce. As long as you you don't mind being squished to almost completely flatchested (hey, it's a nice change) then this is the one and only sports bra you'll need.

And there's my two cents on the subject ...

thegogirl

Nov 13, 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #13 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to be overweight and subsequently, self conscious-having been into bodybuilding , lifting heavy and guys trying to have a conversation with my chest. (I'd have one with their p---but the conversation would be short) at any rate, I'm tiny now but still self conscious and have found several brands and materials that work for coverage, hold (bounce free) also called compression (boob mashing) and style:
Primal wear-sizes run a bit small but are made of nylon and lycra (sold in bike shops for cyclists-awesome designs!!treads bicycle outfitters is where I bought mine-excellent customer service)
Shebeast-small straps but great coverage on the workout bra style-animal prints
(REI, Athleta sells this one and a few others) Insport-excellent coverage,style and sizing-made of lycra, nylon and coolmax as well. (running stores sell this one)
brooks- also makes one similar to Insport-great support, sizing (Title 9 sells it as as well as Sports authority stores)
materials that work: lycra/spandex, nylon (60%)....swimwear as well by TYR and Speedo-triathlon style suits.

erica44

Nov 14, 2003, 4:19 PM
Post #14 of 14 (10061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well this is my first post in the ladies room but a good topic. Personally I am DD and have found no store-bought sports bra works for me. I play soccer, softball, and slew of other sports. I have to special order mine and they definately hold them in place. However, I look like I just have a big chest (uniboob) and the damned bras have a thousand clasps in the front. fortunately, I have the best solution to my problem... a breast reduction in Feb.

Erica

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook