RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trad Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

thinksinpictures

Oct 5, 2003, 3:55 PM
Post #1 of 2 (856 views)
Shortcut

Omega apline draws
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

A question from a sport climber and trad pre-noob. I've got a couple experienced guys lined up to take me on as a belay slave and let me clean for them, but I'm not bothering to start a rack until I learn what the heck I'm doing. Mostly now I just climb a lot of sport, but I don’t have my own draws. I’ve tried a few different draws, and really like the way the Omega JCs feel (and the fact that they seem pretty light). When I started looking at buying some of my own, the Omega alpine draws caught my eye ‘cause it seemed to me that they’d be good for sport now and trad once I start to get my feet wet (seems lots of people really like the Doval on the other end of these, otherwise I’d do something cheaper).

I’m not too worried in terms of how they’d perform for sport, more wondering if any of you trad fellers use ‘em and what you think.

pico23

Oct 6, 2003, 4:24 AM
Post #2 of 2 (856 views)
Shortcut

Re: Omega apline draws [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I actually made my own before I knew they were being sold as a package. I got a great deal on about 20 dovals to replace my heavy light D's and then I decided to upgrade my Omega Light 4.0's with JC's. then further down the road I upgraded my nylon slings to Spectra because I got tired of frozen nylon. In the end I put the "trad draws" together for about a half dollar less then the prepackaged deal.

So do I like them? Yeah, I like them a lot. I saved almost 12oz of my rack by upgrading. The downside is if you climb ice you might want something bigger then the JC to clip with gloves on. For that I still use a few Omega Lite 4.0s.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook