RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

quam

Oct 6, 2003, 3:51 AM
Post #1 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Partner needed in Hartford, Connecticut
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for a climber in the Hartford area. I've done a lot of gym climbing in Virginia and have yet to find a good gym or outdoor spot to hit. Any suggestions of places to go and anyone who could be up for a trip would be good too

sustainedclimber

Oct 6, 2003, 4:30 AM
Post #2 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Re: Partner needed in Hartford, Connecticut [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live like 20 minutes from U of H, but I'm off at college right now in Vermont. There are bunch of pretty good areas within 45 minutes of the Hartford area, and depending on how good you are should help you decide where to go. Ragged is the largest, but I'm personally a huge fan of Cathole Mountain. The best thing to do would be to buy the connecticut climbing guide. I think the closest area to you is bouldering at the west hartford reservoir...but I'm pretty sure it's "illegal." You will find many strange rules in Connecticut about climbing. Check out this site www.raggedmtn.org it's the best you can do without the book.

dalguard

Oct 6, 2003, 3:41 PM
Post #3 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a nice gym in Wallingford, not too far if you have a car.

http://primeclimb.com

kimble

Oct 6, 2003, 4:50 PM
Post #4 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in torrington and often find myself looking for someone to climb with. throw me a pm if you are interested in getting out. I've found there are actually some pretty good climbs in connecticut and a bunch more I haven't tried yet.

blackmountaineer

Oct 7, 2003, 12:53 PM
Post #5 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A lot of people who move to CT start climbing with the AMC. They climb Wednesdays and Saturdays usually. It's easy to find someone who wants to climb other days in that group. Their last sort of official outdoor midweek climb is this week. Then they'll start climbing at the gym midweek. I'd suggest joining them this Wednesday so you know what the AMCers look like when they start going indoors:

It's at Pinnacle Rock in Plainville/Farmington (directions: http://ct-amc.org/mountain/direct.htm). Folks usually start to arrive around 4p. Take a top rope set up if you have one.

enanubis

Oct 16, 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #6 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just put up information that might be helpful:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...iewtopic.php?t=42295

Also: Stoneage in Manchseter is not to far and is also good, I like Stoneage and Primeclimb.

dinoabj

Oct 18, 2003, 9:27 PM
Post #7 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Newtown and try to get out every weekend, but usually every other weekend. Have a consistent partner, but we wouldn't mind if you joined us. Send me a PM if interested. I agree with the others to check out the RMF site. raggedmtn.org Also, if you check this thread before Sunday the 19th, they are having there annual picnic at Chatfield Hollow, which is in Killingworth. Directions are on their site and it is free. You'd probably be able to find a partner through there.

Chris

crankincraig

Oct 21, 2003, 2:30 PM
Post #8 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm in the New Haven area and try to go at least once a week. PM me if intrested.

climbergirl15

Nov 12, 2003, 11:20 PM
Post #9 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All Adventure just opened up in Torrington. The gym is just starting out. But once it is finished the walls are gonna be sick.

chaosclimber

Nov 23, 2003, 2:58 PM
Post #10 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello all. I need a climbing partner!!! Anyone interest let me know. For some climbing adventures close by and maybe the occastional trip.

clmbng_addict

Nov 24, 2003, 4:00 PM
Post #11 of 11 (2179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yo,

A few of my friends and I run the climbing club at UConn (Storrs campus). Anybody who is interested in joining us please feel free to PM or email me and i will get you on the mailing list (best way to get involved with the club) and give you some info. A couple of the people who are regulars now originally got in touch with me via this site. Trips range from climbing at the local crag 3 minutes away after classes, to climbing around the state or around new england on weekends (rumney, lincoln woods, and the gunks are the primary out-of-state destinations), to whatever people want to plan during breaks (spring break will likely involve a roadtrip to new river gorge and/or red river gorge). Since winter is approaching and it gets dark ridiculously early right now climbing has naturally slowed down a bit (esp after classes), but i will still be going outside during the winter as long as the rock is dry, and a lot of us will probably get gym passes for a month or two while it's snowy out (we generally use the gym as a last resort). As far as gear goes, the club currently has gear for toproping, bouldering, and sport climbing, plus many people have personal gear. We're working on getting a trad rack but until then if you want to climb trad or ice you need to have your own gear.

Please contact me if you're interested through email, PM, or AIM. It doesn't matter if you live really close b/c once you're on the mailing list you can see what trips we are planning and then plan to meet us wherever, assuming you have a car or a ride.

peace,
dave

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook