RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

aussiegreg

Oct 19, 2003, 1:43 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Haul line diameter and length
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Heading over to the States next year to do a spot of aiding. Just wondering what the diameters and lengths people are using for haul lines. Also has anyone hauled with a mini-traxion as I have one of these? :shock:

jacobs

Oct 19, 2003, 1:57 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Re: Haul line diameter and length [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

go with 10mm x60m you can use the extra as a lower out line. but if the route you plan on doing has a lot of over hangs go with a 11mm the extra weight will not bother you when your jugging on it.

iamthewallress

Oct 19, 2003, 7:14 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Heading over to the States next year to do a spot of aiding. Just wondering what the diameters and lengths people are using for haul lines. Also has anyone hauled with a mini-traxion as I have one of these? :shock:

Any extra weight bothers me. I have a 250 ft. x 9.5 mm. It's fine for hauling, but I'd upgrade the mini-traxion to a full sized pully.

lambone

Oct 20, 2003, 12:44 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I use a Stearling 10mil polyester static that I like. I also have a 8mil static that I use for small loads and as a tag line.

I solo with the 10mil because I don't like rappeling on skinny lines.

The mini_traxion has a small pully diameter, this is a big disadvantage. I'd say the Pro-Traxion would be a wise investment if you plan on doing alot of hauling. You can also load the rope into the Pro without removing it from the anchor, big plus.

I also have a mini-traxion, but I use it as a "far-end hauler." If you are asking, "what the hell is that?" Do a search, PTPP has some good info and pictures on it. It works great if you want to use the extra haul line slack to lower out the haul bag, and the mini-traxion keeps the haulbag tie-in knot from being weighted. If you're confused, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up a photo.

Have fun!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook