RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

capn_morgan

Oct 21, 2003, 8:53 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

American Alpine Club
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am consider joining the american alpine club. Anyone here done so? Seems worth it for the AAJ and accidents. its only 35$ because im a youngun. Has anyone here been to their library? sounds like a cool place.

pico23

Oct 21, 2003, 9:05 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Re: American Alpine Club [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am consider joining the american alpine club. Anyone here done so? Seems worth it for the AAJ and accidents. its only 35$ because im a youngun. Has anyone here been to their library? sounds like a cool place.

From what I understand, as a member, you can borrow from there library from anywhere in the US. Basically you borrow by mail. I'm not a member because I already have too many clubs on the list and I don't really think the AAC is gonna do a whole lot for me.

angelaa

Oct 21, 2003, 10:56 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go for it. . . especially since you are a "young one" . . .

$35 just the accident insurance would be worth the $$, plus you have all the other resources available! AAJ, Accident reports etc.

Really anyone who enjoys time high in the mountains could benefit from a membership!!!
:D

just_me

Oct 22, 2003, 3:35 AM
Post #4 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A friend of mine has used their library. He can borrow climbing guides from them whenever he travels. If you are going somewhere for just a few days, and don't want to fork out $30+ for a book, you can quickly justify the cost of your membership.

rockprodigy

Oct 23, 2003, 3:16 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sure the library is really nice if you live in the Front Range...as for me?

I'm a member, but honestly I don't get much out of it. The AAJ's are full of a bunch of crap from the Himalay...not America, as the title implies. I guess I'm banking on getting rescued someday and cashing in on the insurance. That's probably the only thing that can justify the $65/yr.

jtcronk

Oct 26, 2003, 4:36 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If you are seriously considering it, I'd say definitely join. Part of your membership $$$ goes to the Access Fund also. The library is pretty cool as well, you can call and have them send you the stuff you're looking for, which is way cheaper and easier than buying guidebooks all the time. Go for it.....

omenbringer

Oct 26, 2003, 4:57 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1840 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey while your at it why dont you join the access fund too. Both seem to fight for climbers rights which is always a great thing. The accident insurance is awesome to. I think the library thing might only be a real benefit if you are looking for odd out of print obscure guides. As for the Accident book, that could be worth more than anything else. In either case I say go for it. Joining cant hurt anything.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook