RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

jihad

Oct 30, 2003, 3:27 AM
Post #1 of 3 (832 views)
Shortcut

Traveling to the UK
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'am traveling to Great Britian in March of next year, and I was wondering what sport climbing destinations are NOT to be missed. I'am traveling with the rest of my family, so I can't climb everyday, but I want to squeeze as much climbing in as I can. I'am looking for 10's and easy 11's. Any info would be very helpful.

curt

Oct 30, 2003, 3:37 AM
Post #2 of 3 (832 views)
Shortcut

Re: Traveling to the UK [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'am traveling to Great Britian in March of next year, and I was wondering what sport climbing destinations are NOT to be missed. I'am traveling with the rest of my family, so I can't climb everyday, but I want to squeeze as much climbing in as I can. I'am looking for 10's and easy 11's. Any info would be very helpful.

Not to be missed are the gritstone crags in the peak district. Frogatt and Stanage edge, in particular should not be missed. You will find both of these to be "sporty." Hahahaha. Sack up.

Curt

sto

Oct 31, 2003, 3:48 PM
Post #3 of 3 (832 views)
Shortcut

Re: Traveling to the UK [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In my view, the UK is world class for two things, sea cliff climbing and Gritstone (many climbers' favorite rock) -- both trad. There really isn't a big sport climbing tradition. Portland off the S. coast of Dorset is the biggest and best moderate sport venue in the UK. Many 10s and 11s. Big staples sensibly bolted on limestone. But if you really want bolts you need to go to France. Oh yeah, the gritstone bouldering around Sheffield and Leeds is stellar too.

Have fun.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook