Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

galt

Oct 31, 2003, 5:15 AM
Post #26 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Re: Jut's Pictures [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Jut,
I very much respect your pictures and appreciate that you share them with this community. Thank you.
That said, I disagree with you deceiving people as to where you photographs were taken. HP 40, for example, is not an access issue. Mike isn't going to be closing it down and truly enjoys allowing us (climbers) to use his land. Heck, he makes his living (aside from his guns) by allowing us to climb there!
You also stated you didn't want the local crag getting overcrowded. Fair enough, but HP 40 has enough problems to keep hundreds of climbers happy for a week! I was UP there (I go to school in Florida) over Spring Break and would climb all day without seeing anyone.
As I stated above I truly enjoy your pictures and hope you continue to enrich this site with them. I look forward to seeing more and more from you, but dude, don't lie about where they were taken. That is not honest, not in HP 40's best interest, and not Southern.

Good old Boy from Tenn.
Dailey Chandler

supafreak

Oct 31, 2003, 2:32 PM
Post #27 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Funny thing I've sometimes noticed is that the names climbers give to certain areas are not even the correct name. For example, Little Rock City is known to climbers as Sandrock. in reality Sandrock is a small town a few miles away!

err, no. where are you from? Sandrock has a ton of bouldering all to its self. LRC is pretty well known in the southeast and only a gumby spewing bad info would mistake it for Sandrock, aka "Little Chereokee Rock Village" couresy of the City of Sandrock.

supafreak

Oct 31, 2003, 2:38 PM
Post #28 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you don't like the rules... create your own damn website and post your pics somewhere else.

Dave,
dude, don't be a moron. Check his profile. Can't see the humor in his descriptions huh? Get a life, a girl or go climb.

ridgerunner

Oct 31, 2003, 2:44 PM
Post #29 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Funny thing I've sometimes noticed is that the names climbers give to certain areas are not even the correct name. For example, Little Rock City is known to climbers as Sandrock. in reality Sandrock is a small town a few miles away!

err, no. where are you from? Sandrock has a ton of bouldering all to its self. LRC is pretty well known in the southeast and only a gumby spewing bad info would mistake it for Sandrock, aka "Little Chereokee Rock Village" couresy of the City of Sandrock.

Have you checked your Geological Survey maps lately?

PS, it's also known as Rocktown.

cthcrockclimber

Oct 31, 2003, 2:48 PM
Post #30 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha is it just me or does anyone else realize that all this bitching is over a photo description on a website? Last time I checked there were more important things.

supafreak

Oct 31, 2003, 2:48 PM
Post #31 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geological Survey Maps? Were talking climbing areas here, not digging for gold.

I've used one to find rock formations before, but we are refering to the names climbing areas here not rock formations, or the type of rock for that matter. They are all on the same ridge system, even Zahnd. There is another band you can find in middle Georgia which includes Boat Rock and the plethora of boulders out at Lake Oconee. You showed me the map remember?

so what is your point?

supafreak

Oct 31, 2003, 3:01 PM
Post #32 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
haha is it just me or does anyone else realize that all this b---- is over a photo description on a website? Last time I checked there were more important things.

you just let us southern boys handle our business...there's pride at stake here...

jookyhead

Oct 31, 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #33 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do you all realize what has happened here... Jut has invented photo trolling!!! AHHHH!!! It's the end of the world!!! :lol:

death

Oct 31, 2003, 3:05 PM
Post #34 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

First off, Jut does have his own website and it beats the hell out of this one. Second, we southerners will continue to mislead you about where the climbing is down here and will hog-tie you and make you "squeal like a pig" if ever do find one of our areas.

In summary, lust after our perfect stone as much as you want but then watch Deliverance and realize you wouldn't survive a weekend down here.

DEATH

ridgerunner

Oct 31, 2003, 3:15 PM
Post #35 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Geological Survey Maps? Were talking climbing areas here, not digging for gold.

I've used one to find rock formations before, but we are refering to the names climbing areas here not rock formations, or the type of rock for that matter. They are all on the same ridge system, even Zahnd. There is another band you can find in middle Georgia which includes Boat Rock and the plethora of boulders out at Lake Oconee. You showed me the map remember?

so what is your point?

My point is that you can call them whatever you want. If Jut calls them Bo Peep boulders, then it is fine with me. It is also legit.

tradpuppy

Oct 31, 2003, 3:43 PM
Post #36 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

deleted

graysondamondamian

Oct 31, 2003, 3:49 PM
Post #37 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

woohoo

taorock

Oct 31, 2003, 4:13 PM
Post #38 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This is too funny!

Maybe the site should have a section for "Unlabeled" pictures. What is the reason for requiring pictures to be linked to the database?

L.J.

ljthawk certainly has this one right. I hope the site admins realize that this is a time honored solution to many distributed "open source" database problems. Maintain database integrity by leaving open the option of unclassified information. The "other" bin.

Certainly, in a distributed system, someone like Jut has the "right" to add information as he wants. If the categories don't exist for him to do this then the admins will need to become police.

T

montgomerywick

Oct 31, 2003, 4:24 PM
Post #39 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

some of you guys are truly a wedge

btw, there are other pics on this site intentionally mislabeled by the submitter for reasons similar to juts...a prize to whomever can identify them.

*wedge=simple tool

lothar

Oct 31, 2003, 4:27 PM
Post #40 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

As being a Nooga boy myself and fully understanding the issues at hand I appreciate his tactics. This spraying is sensless and really pretty stupid I must say. Who gives a rats ass where it is or how hard it is or. Anyone who cares about where or how hard something is will probably try to come out and try to put some ego stroking sit down start on a classic established problem so you can drag your dick through the dirt to feel like a bad ass. Whoopee! That is always a good time. Just enjoy the pictures and leave it at that. For god sakes just quit acting like a SOAP OPERA. :x

REACH AND PULL AND SHUT THE HELL UP!

graysondamondamian

Oct 31, 2003, 4:29 PM
Post #41 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

somebody lock this and let the admins decide what to do, if anything at all

bs_johnson

Oct 31, 2003, 5:33 PM
Post #42 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Grayson, nice troll turncoat. Did you really think you were the only person who realized theres no such place as the Boars Nest Boulders? Trying to win the Encyclopedia Brown amateur detective award at the local elementary school? Naw, my guess is that you were just trying to raise a ruckus. When no one immediately replied to your first post, you even posted a second time, please, please, somebody notice me.

And now that youve really pissed off a lot of people, locals here in Chattanooga, you want the admins to lock the thread. Thats it, boy, go hide behind mommys apron. You need to take responsibility for your actions--either stand up and defend yourself, or start trying to make amends.

And for the rest of you carpet-bagging Yankees, each petty little complaint makes you less welcome here. We have moonshine and guns, and you can be run off.

There are two issues at hand with Juts photography. One is that access is by no means secured indefinitely at one of the areas from which Jut posted photos. Were still very much on a probationary period. I applaud Juts decision to share some really good pics while having the discretion not to publicly name the area. To maintain good standing with the landowner, it can never be a destination area.

The second issue is a bit more abstract. Who really gives a fork where the photos are from or what theyre rated? A good climbing photo should get you excited, maybe make your palms start sweating a little. Makes no difference where it is or how hard the routes are. Thats what Juts trying to convey to you simpletons. Get over yourselves and go climbing. Find your own boulders and go climb the best lines, climb for yourself, and for chrissakes, quit worrying about anyone else, especially a bunch of backward hillbillies, is doing.

graysondamondamian

Oct 31, 2003, 5:42 PM
Post #43 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i was not trying to "raise a ruckus" i just thought jut would move them to the right areas and that would be it, im not a carpet bagging yankee by the way, i want the areas to remain open all he had to do was follow site policy and change the locations, i wouldnt have posted the "notice me" post if he had just done that...also no one on either side of the fight was budging it has become a shouting match so whats wrong with me trying to get the thread locked so "the areas dont get closed for too much people knowing about it!!!!!" so please lock this thread, great job movin this thread back to the top bs_johnson, it had almost vanished from front page

fredrogers

Oct 31, 2003, 6:18 PM
Post #44 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think Jut should have the right to label photo's as "secret area" or something. But hopefully most people will link their photos to their location. It makes for a great database of photos for climbs around the world.

But if Jut truly was concerned about access he would never post photos of "secret areas" at all.

riceplate

Oct 31, 2003, 6:56 PM
Post #45 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Grayson, nice troll turncoat. Did you really think you were the only person who realized there’s no such place as the Boar’s Nest Boulders? Trying to win the Encyclopedia Brown amateur detective award at the local elementary school? Naw, my guess is that you were just trying to raise a ruckus. When no one immediately replied to your first post, you even posted a second time, “please, please, somebody notice me.”

And now that you’ve really pissed off a lot of people, locals here in Chattanooga, you want the admins to lock the thread. That’s it, boy, go hide behind mommy’s apron. You need to take responsibility for your actions--either stand up and defend yourself, or start trying to make amends.

And for the rest of you carpet-bagging Yankees, each petty little complaint makes you less welcome here. We have moonshine and guns, and you can be run off.

There are two issues at hand with Jut’s photography. One is that access is by no means secured indefinitely at one of the areas from which Jut posted photos. We’re still very much on a probationary period. I applaud Jut’s decision to share some really good pics while having the discretion not to publicly name the area. To maintain good standing with the landowner, it can never be a destination area.

The second issue is a bit more abstract. Who really gives a fork where the photo’s are from or what they’re rated? A good climbing photo should get you excited, maybe make your palms start sweating a little. Makes no difference where it is or how hard the routes are. That’s what Jut’s trying to convey to you simpletons. Get over yourselves and go climbing. Find your own boulders and go climb the best lines, climb for yourself, and for chrissakes, quit worrying about anyone else, especially a bunch of backward hillbillies, is doing.

why bother posting the pics then? If Jut, and the rest of your inbred community, is truly concerned about access and keeping your local areas secret, then don't post anything. Keep your pics to yourself. masterbate over them. whatever. Just don't taunt us with them or your "southernman" bullshit.

Just hang out w/ your moonshine and keep stroking yourselves in private. Your localism is fucked up. Any well traveled climber can see that. Get out of your home area more often. You obviously feel threatened by outsiders coming in to try your problems. Probably b/c you are weak.

Fortunately, you are not the majority voice of southern climbers. Most of the southerners I've met have been pretty cool. For example, I have hand drawn maps of LRC, but would never publish them due to access issues. However, I would be happy to give interested parties beta or info, just as I was blessed w/ the opportunity to check out that crag. Puff, puff, give, baby.

anbody who threatens violence to visiting climbers is a fucking tard. Grow up.

BTW: The pics were nice. But just FYI, I took a shit on General Lee's grave ;-)

lothar

Oct 31, 2003, 7:02 PM
Post #46 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Long Live BS Johnson! This thread is too funny! A bunch of panty waste beanie head wearing, chalk pot carrying, V-egos looking for something to cry about. Why dont you worry about bigger things like whether or not we will ever get to go to Hueco again unrestricted or even better which beanie are you going to wear at the Triple Crown this weekend because it is going to be a bone chill'n 80 degrees. He did what he did with the best of intentions and showed you some cool pics. Big F'n deal. Get over it and get a life! (Southern Inbreeding) as popular as stereotype as that is, good god is that the best kind of insult you can come up with. Grow up! :shock:

jut

Oct 31, 2003, 7:04 PM
Post #47 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edit

death

Oct 31, 2003, 7:14 PM
Post #48 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

riceplate wrote:
In reply to:
Fortunately, you are not the majority voice of southern climbers. Most of the southerners I've met have been pretty cool. For example, I have hand drawn maps of LRC...

See if that ever happens again. I guarantee, I won't be drawing YOU any maps. Ever gotten directions from somebody in the South and still wandered around for hours? Do you think that was on accident?

Ever wonder why we have so many cars in our yards down here? They're from Northerners we trap and eat.

death

the_pirate

Oct 31, 2003, 7:24 PM
Post #49 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ahh the south.........

It'd be a nice place if it weren't full of southerners....

You think the south has a patent on giving tourists misdirection..? Come to Boston sometime and ask for directions in your best drawl. The only difference is that the guy who just pointed you in the opposite direction will be laughing about it over a pint instead of his sisters cooch.

graysondamondamian

Oct 31, 2003, 7:29 PM
Post #50 of 110 (9078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ahhhhhhh shut up, this isnt worth arguing about, after hearing jut explain, i have seen that he has a point, and why does any thread about a southern rock degrade in to south vs. world lol...so will someone please LOCK THIS THREAD

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook