RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Premier Sponsor:

calliope

Nov 6, 2003, 1:08 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2803 views)
Shortcut

Falling
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I fell from my boulder problem this afternoon. It's progress at least. I usually get to a certain point and downclimb it. I learned two things...the crashpad works and I need to push through the last two moves to top out.

arnoilgner

Nov 7, 2003, 3:49 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2803 views)
Shortcut

Re: Falling [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Angela,
That learning is a beginning. But why did you fall? That info holds the seed of learning that will carry you up those last two moves.
You mentioned you learned that you need to make two more moves to get to the top. I could be watching you and learn that. We tend to think too much about the destination, the top. "Those last two moves." The learning centers around why you were shutdown. Did you pump out, did you slip, did you commit fully, are you sticking to one sequence that doesn't work, etc.?
Just some thoughts.

calliope

Nov 7, 2003, 4:35 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2803 views)
Shortcut

Re: Falling [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No. I didn't commit. I get to a comfy little ledge pretty easily and hit a major mental block. I'm afraid to fall from that height. As usual, I decided to downclimb, but I slipped, lost my grip and fell from the height anyway.

Having taken the fall already and proving to myself that I can take it safely, I can then concentrate on making the next move instead of worrying primarily about what will happen if I'm not physically able to make the move.

Forums : Clubs : Mental Training: The Rock Warrior's Way

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook