Premier Sponsor:

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Jul 27, 2001, 4:44 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1472 views)
Shortcut

Slow database
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You have probably noticed that Rockclimbing.com has been slow during the last day. Typically we generate pages in less than 1 second with a few taking up to 5 seconds. However recently we are seeing page creation time between 5 and 60 seconds with an average of 15 seconds.

We are very sorry for this inconvenience. With as much as 13,000 hits per day with each hit incurring high database intensive activity, we are experiencing perfomance problems and need a bigger web server.

If any of you know MySQL and want to donate your time to help us solve this problem, then we would very much appreciate it.

Trevor

kagunkie

Jul 27, 2001, 5:19 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1472 views)
Shortcut

Slow database [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Glad to see your on top of it!!! Im getting anywhere from a few seconds to over two minutes. I thought it was my computer!!! The routes section is working better now!

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Jul 27, 2001, 6:02 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1472 views)
Shortcut

Slow database [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I changed some database options and things are working much better now. Either that or everyone left because of the slow response.

Let me know if you consistently get responses of 20 or more seconds on average. The bottom of each page (Created this page in 2.3 seconds.) will tell you how long it took the server to process the request. I can't control things after that.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook