Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

chingas

Nov 14, 2003, 7:58 PM
Post #51 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Re: Evolve shoes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a pair of the Kaos shoes. Excellent workmanship and great rubber!
I have wide feet and also own some La Sportiva's(I have the Cobra,Katana, and Muira).

kshon

Nov 14, 2003, 8:54 PM
Post #52 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the Kaos model by Evolv. I have tried them out on rock and at the gym... I am happy with them. They grip the rock real well, feel pretty good- the only reason I say "pretty" good is for some reason, the heel cups rub the back of my heel and I don't quite get a blister, but a rough spot- I am sure it will callous over time... yadda yadda- they're a good buy man, for 60$ ya can't beat 'em....

kshon

Nov 14, 2003, 8:56 PM
Post #53 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brian seems like a REAL reasonable guy...

vulgarian

Nov 21, 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #54 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I just sent the shoes that didn't fit back to Brian at Evolv. I kept a pair of the Kaos. I like them a lot. I found the sling-shot rand to be less agressive than that on my Anasazi's. This feature helps the shoe fit better in the heel cup. We all know that the heel cups on Anasazi's suck. Yet the rand still stuffed my toes into the toe box with enough force to make the shoe do what it is designed to do: stand on small edges. That said the quality of the construction is outstanding and the rubber is as sticky as anything I've ever used before (Sportiva, 5.10 and some old school Asolo's). So far, I'm impressed.

rocknalaska

Nov 21, 2003, 12:59 AM
Post #55 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reference to never hearing of 14d or v12 climbed in Evolv's. I'm not sure, but I bet v12 has been climbed barefoot, I know 14b has been. That doesn't mean SH$#%. (Besides, If you really want to look at a performance measure of what shoes are the best, look at what is being used on hard grit testpieces not sport or bouldering(and no I'm not bashing either, just saying that they are less of an indicator in those areas))

I personally know which shoes I prefer, and I'm always looking for something different. Especially when you start to see prices coming down on shoes. To me from what I've seen and heard Madrock are inexpensive and climb very well, however they also wear out very quickly. Evolv are more durable, less cutting edge. Different, but not better or worse. Personally, I would like to get both. I'm definitely interested in trying them, but I'm not ready to order yet.

btw. From what I've seen madrock's cost less.

Todd

skrewdup

Jan 1, 2005, 9:53 PM
Post #56 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just got a new pair of the Kaos, wow. they are sick shoes. i have really long narrow feet (13.5 kaos, damn they look huge) but these things stick like glue as soon as i crank down the velcro. its a bit baggy in the toe box on top but the sides and bottom conform to my foot so i have no complaints. I missed doing the size survey when i ordered them and i had an email the next day with all the questions. Great customer service. Give a pair of Evolv a shot and you'll be happy with them.

Partner cliffhanger9

Jan 3, 2005, 3:57 AM
Post #57 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Where are these shoes? I've never even seen a pair. Yet there are all these people willing to reply how great they are. It all seems so fake. I'm going to wait to see before I believe.

I said the same thing when I first heard of them...It seemed like a little exclusive group of peaple on RC.com owned them and it was some cult or something because damn near every single person said they were the best shoes they had ever worn and will probably never wear anything else. Too good to be true as the saying goes

So I took advantage of an incredible deal offered by someone on this site and got my hands or should i say feet in the KAOS model. I was skeptical but for the price I was offered, I wasnt gonna let this one slide even if they were the worst shoes ever..

As I put them on it was a pleasant confirmation that everyone was right.

Evolvs are as good as they get

It will take a while to convert those who swear by 5.10 but it is their loss

I too am the only one I have ever seen in the gym wearing Evolv shoes and a year later I am still being asked what those shoes are - but many are to coward to try something new and stick to the same old 5.10's that they have worn for years.

Like I said, their loss.

:twisted:

bobd1953

Jan 3, 2005, 4:23 AM
Post #58 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Evolvs are as good as they get

It will take a while to convert those who swear by 5.10 but it is their loss

Excellent shoes and a great value for the money.

enjoimx

Jan 3, 2005, 4:37 AM
Post #59 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

About the Bandts KNOW THIS: it does take a couple hours to scuff the rubber enough for it to be positive. I slide around on a chimney for awhile before mine were scuffed up. Now i completely trust the friction. The Bandits kick butt.

xcit

Jan 3, 2005, 5:22 AM
Post #60 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
So there's not much talk about the rubber itself. I want to resole my boreals at yosemitebum but I don't know if I should use the evolv rubber or stick to 5.10 rubber.

I used Yosemitebum for a resole - $35. for C4 rubber. awesome job! they had a summer special - watch for the next one.

I also got my boreal's and lasportiva's resoled at yosemitebum with evolv, they did a very nice job.

hollywoodcragmonkey

Aug 9, 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #61 of 61 (6925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Found this old thread, I guess with Evolve's sales record, the number of shops that now carry the brand, and the positive reviews R&I and CLIMBING have given out to their different shoe styles- well, lets just say that Brian and his team have put a lot of the initial concers to rest.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook