RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

icelandwinky

Nov 14, 2003, 9:54 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Heading to Sardinia
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just getting ready to leave. Will be there from 17:30 on Friday the 21st (my birthday) until 17:00 on Tuesday the 25th (not my birthday) :wink:
My partner and I will be climbing in Isilli and welcome anyone who wants to join.

onetruthclimber

Nov 14, 2003, 7:24 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Re: Heading to Sardinia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hi I hope you have a good trip. I am going to be in Italy next semester and one of the places that I want to climb at is Sardinia. I am still unclear on how to find the routes and the difficulty levels. Do you have a guide book that you are using? If you do is it written in English?

icelandwinky

Nov 15, 2003, 2:58 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes i have a guide book. A very good one called Pietro Di Luna that is awsome. it is in English also. In addition to that i have a couple rock fax mini-guides that are really good too. Email me at : wieneke4@mwr.is if you want some more info on it. I Will be climbing inland in the Isilli area.

thomasribiere

Nov 15, 2003, 6:07 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So let me give you my advice on the routes I climbed in Isili :

area of Pietra Filosofale:
Momento Magico (6a), Born to eb wild (6a), Zero (6a), Laguna Blu (6b+) : all very nice, 15m high, slight overhang, big holes.

area of Paese dei Balossi :
E qui l'asino... (5c), E qui casca... (6a), L'asino vola (6a) : all nice too, vertical, smaller holes, with 2-finger-pockets in the last one.

settore Corvo Spaziale :
Camarillo brillo (6b), Palle spaziali (spatial bollocks!) (6b+), Il fantasma buono (5c), Nosferatu (7a) : all great, big overhangs and big pockets!!! short routes (10m) but the last i said (20m).

settore Pentagramma :
Rock'n'roll (6a+) and Barocca (5b) are very nice, while Toccata e fuga (6a+) is mean according to me. Rock'n'roll is on a sculpted arete, very nice!

and settore Urania :
where the amazing roof is with all those 5.14 routes...
I just tried Zigurrat (6b) and Happy Feet (6c), on overhangs with big holes, 20 m high of a very continous climbing, really nice.

have fun!!! :lol:

sun will be down around 5:00 pm and up around 7 or 7:30 am.

average temperature in novemebers are between 11 and 18°c, while the lowest ever are not under 4°c. (coast temperatures, maybe 3-4°c below at night inside the island).

In Isili, the small valley where you're gonna sleep (if you do wild camping, allowed) is not windy, but might be wet as a small river goes through it, with many bushes everywhere.
If you see a tomcat, grey and white, I named him Max, say him hello from me! :wink:

icelandwinky

Nov 17, 2003, 9:12 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AWSOME!!
Thanks alot for the post. That is some great info. In each of the areas you described at Isilli I have 2 or 3 of the routes you mention on my list of to-do's. I think we are going to start off at Pietra Filosofale and work our way to Urania. I want to give "Wonderland" a go. Thanks again for the info.

thomasribiere

Nov 17, 2003, 11:34 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so good luck in the big roof! :wink:

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook